Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Born In The USA(Skribble, Ant Acid)

avalondon3

I heard this on KTU before. Skriible said it wasnt completed yet. Its a remake of the original song by Bruce Spribgstein. It also conatins a sample of pres Bush's speech the day the attacks occured.......

Lets just say some songs are better left alone. This song has zero enerygy and just drags on...I cant see myself dancing or even bobbing my head to it. Its nice that the song has a patriotic feel to it, but it lacks anything else.........

Guest saleen351

NO ONE Should ever touch the Boss's songs, no one can make them better, scribbles is a terrible DJ!!!!! I hope the Boss sues his ass or doesn't give him the rights to it!!!

Saleen, you obviously have no clue if you can sit there and say he's a terrible dj.. Maybe YOU dont like the music he plays but he his FAR from a BAD DJ.. He is one of the best technical djs I have ever heard.. I have never heard him go off beat with a mix ever in my life..

..So he doesnt play music you like, fine ..

To say he is a terrible dj is just moronic :rolleyes:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tranza

Saleen, you obviously have no clue if you can sit there and say he's a terrible dj.. Maybe YOU dont like the music he plays but he his FAR from a BAD DJ.. He is one of the best technical djs I have ever heard.. I have never heard him go off beat with a mix ever in my life..

..So he doesnt play music you like, fine ..

To say he is a terrible dj is just moronic :rolleyes:

I've seen him play at the bunka, jersey shore, abyss and other places... He is PURE CORNY!!! HE played some rap...WTF....He should def stick to the Grind and Mtv and the commercial scene. I never feel any energy from his set and his remixes are Bla at best... No thanks I'll stick to Denny...

Originally posted by saleen351

I've seen him play at the bunka, jersey shore, abyss and other places... He is PURE CORNY!!! HE played some rap...WTF....He should def stick to the Grind and Mtv and the commercial scene. I never feel any energy from his set and his remixes are Bla at best... No thanks I'll stick to Denny...

this is from another poost of mine on the NY board. u might wanna check it out. it applies here too.

i'm a huge skribble fan. i always have been since his days with hot 97. i like the fact that he now spins house/trance since my musical taste has almost completely changed form hip hop to house(not because of skribble at all, i switched for many other reasons).......

.......we saw him live at hunka bunka in april, that was the first time i got to see him live. i thought he played an amazing set. there was nothing ktu'ish about it. the only commercial songs he played were derb and without you, which were not played out back in april, and def not on ktu back then. the set was full of hard fast paced trance, but he slowed it down once in a while, with songs like Faithless-We Come One, and some others that i didnt know. his mixing is tight, very tight, and it should be considering he used to be a hip hop dj, so he can rip it up on the turntables.

he didnt seem to have any kind of ego either.......we met him after the club closed, and even though the owner was trying to get everyone out of the club, cuz it was already passed 2am, skribble was talkin to me, and he told the owner to give him a few minutes cuz he wasnt gonna let me leave without gettin an autograph. he was a really cool guy.

im really lookin forward to him at exit on the 19th. im mad i missed him at SF back in the beginning of the summer. but for any doubters of him, if ur goin to exit that nite anyway, u should be there for his set, and u will be surprised. this is nyc, not a jersey club, he's not gonna play cheese. like i said, he didnt even play cheese when i saw him at hunka bunka. i know he's gonna rip it up. i just hope they let him and vicious play for more than an hour or 2. i dont wanna see draper get most of the nite.

Guest saleen351

I've seen him at the bunka when the bunka went to 3am, if I had to compare richie santana to scribbles at the bunka, hands down RS. He probaly makes the most money as a dj with all his appearances and I give him props for that, hes a good business man but I've never had a good time when he played.. even at the surf club a while back it was terrible...and everyone always has a great time there on sunday...Maybe he is good in some ppls eyes but threw my experiences he hasn't produced. He played RAP at the bunka one time...enough said.......

i heard Skribbles spin at Exit once before. think it was the night they were throwing fake money on the main floor. but anyways, he played some good tunes that night. wouldn't have even known it was him if they didn't announce it. he def plays quality music at clubs. don't know about the radio... never heard "Skribble's House" on KTU. my damn receiver at home doesn't have an antenna :)

i'm def going to Exit/Earth on the 19th to check him and Vicious out.

by the way, i heard Mada was in the lineup that night as well. anyone can confirm this?

~Alex

• 2 weeks later...

heard it at a club this past weekend and i was like what the fuck....i understand everyone has a new sense of american pride now, but some songs ppl should know not to mess with. born in the usa is one of them. i never really like any of skribble's remixes anyway....

if bruce was at bunka on saturday he would have been getting down to his song being re-mixed. the song was hot. and skribbs is a good dj, don't care what anyone says. because you see him on mtv and tv, doesn't make him a sellout or commercial. whatever. he's cool as shit from what i could tell too.

DON'T HATE THE PLAYA. HATE THE GAME

Although I never had the chance to hear him live, from hearing him on KTU, he seems to be a pretty tight dj as far as mixing and track selection. He is far better than a Tony Draper or some other cheese Dj's.....

He is a pretty good producer as well(although I think its Ant Acid that does most of the work). I cant think of one song I didnt like that he made, except for this. Some songs are better left alone and this song is no exception. Rock songs dont usually translate into decent house songs, except for a select few. Personally, I think skribble and acid were trying to jump on the patriotic bandwagon by remixing this song. Its one thing to make a song out of love(I.E. Jp's America) but its another to expolit a tragic event for your own personal gain.......

technical wise, skribbles IS tight--with hip-hop and house. let's not forget he started with the hip-hop scene (Young Black Teenagers mean anything??), so I guess he has been tweaking and improving his skills every since. track selection wise, most of the time I think he can get better. but yes, props to his djing talent--but once again, his productions are never usually my favorite (very rarely anyway) and this one is no exception. not only is the production sloppy, but the choice of the song alone is JUST BAD. even more so at a time like this. along the lines of what avalondon3 said, if none of this fucked up shit was going on right now i know skribbles and anthony would not even think of doing this. they did this remix as quickly as possible, obviously catering to the tragedy and the war that is going on currently. that is just bad taste as far as i'm concerned.