Clubplanet Nightlife Community

off topic...Italy

Originally posted by roxxy0131

So, I may be going to Italy over x-mas and need to some advise. Never been abroad before. Any helpful hints from anyone who's been? Going to be in Northern Italy @ 30 km Florence. Any info would be helpful...only have 2 months to plan!

you'll have a sick sick time....i went when i was 9 and i remember it like it was yesterday.......i wish i could be more help but i was so young.......i know that the italians know how to club casue a friend of mine brought cd's back from there and they were freakin sick.......hard hard house...

im sopppose to be going in august for the the whole month

Are the clubs all throughout Italy...or just the major cities? We'll be staying in a castle called Castello di Montalto in Chianti. Beautiful! www.montalto.it. We're going with my boyfriends aunt and 4 cousins who are all in their 30's, so probably be just me and the boyfriend doing any clubbing. Going to rent our own car. Too bad none of us can speak Italian! Any language tips? Key phrases to learn?

Originally posted by roxxy0131

Are the clubs all throughout Italy...or just the major cities? We'll be staying in a castle called Castello di Montalto in Chianti. Beautiful! www.montalto.it. We're going with my boyfriends aunt and 4 cousins who are all in their 30's, so probably be just me and the boyfriend doing any clubbing. Going to rent our own car. Too bad none of us can speak Italian! Any language tips? Key phrases to learn?

from what i hear the clubs are in the major cities but just tell the people that you wanna go to the discotec......that means the same as clubs here......they should point you to the right direction....

some phrases:

come sta- how are you

come va- hows it going

dove la bagna- wheres the bathroom

quanto costo- how much

quande- how many

dove va--where r u going

mi sento male- i dont feel well...lol, just in case you get to drunk

i gotta get to work ill hook you up with more later

Here is some helpful advise I can give you regarding Italy. I went backpacking throughout Europe a couple summers back. First of all, you have to know really what you are going for. If it is for clubbing and all you can definitely go to Rome and Milan where there is the most parties. Milan especially since it is the modeling mecca in Italy. Otherwise, clubs in Rome are tough to find since they are small and localized and you have to find the locals.

Otherwise, if you want to see some attractions, go to Siena which is by you, since you are in Tuscany, it has a couple clubs there which are cool, not the greatest DJ's, but partying in an old castle is always fun. Otherwise, try to go to Cinque Terre which is to the northwest of you by the Mediterranean, beautiful vacation spot, and really great old world sights. Finally, Florence is great, and if you have enough time try to go to Capri which is an island in the Mediterranean which is wonderful.. I can give you more information if need be, but my advise though to you, is when you go to Europe, europeans like to go to a cafe and have drinks, and are not much of hardcore clubbers as we imagine them to be. I am from France and that is just my point of view and also considering my times in other countries in Europe. They are much more relaxed with drugs and or alcohol and do not get too out of control.

Originally posted by msoprano13

some phrases:

come sta- how are you

come va- hows it going

dove la bagna- wheres the bathroom

quanto costo- how much

quande- how many

dove va--where r u going

mi sento male- i dont feel well...lol, just in case you get to drunk

i gotta get to work ill hook you up with more later

Is there a doctor in the house?

Where is the pharmacy?

Do you have any penicilin?

Originally posted by jammy

Sì, che che ho detto. Lo vede domani la notte? No?

-Jamms :tongue:

Brava ... la grammatica lascia un po a desiderare pero lo sai scrivere bene l'italiano. Si, te lo detto che vado a centro fly domani notte quindi ci vediamo li. Ti chiamo domani cosi ci possiamo incontrare prima.

Ciao Marmellatina

L'italia, e anche gli italiani (specialamente le donne!), sono bellissimi. E' la paese piu' bella del mondo. Si vai al sud, dovresti mangiare un piatto di spaghetti alla puttanesca. Al nord, voresti mangiare spaghetti alla bolognese: e' delicioso!

Have fun

:D

Va bene..Va bene..

Ariva Mugo wumpo to the helpo!

OK so check it out...

if you want the 411 on any city in the world try this link out:

http://www.timeout.com/

And here you thought Timeout was just for us NY degenerates..

ALSO:

IF by any chance you ever pass by Rome remember this name:

TESTACHIO..

It's an area that has looots of great clubs..

look for a party at: "Radiolondra"

(I think Saturdays is good..don't remember)

Great Deep progressive House in a catacomb like club...

or

BLUECHEESE in a "centro sociale" (If you like breakbeatz and drum and bass)

Open Air floor with amaazing projections..

*both parties on the same street Via del' Testachio..

It aint no Rimmini (thank god)

But it's a piece of the nightlife..

Also there's a great semi-swanky Sushi-lounge/bar called KENTUM bar

(Cerca Buddah Bar style)

Where they spin more down tempo world music alla: Thievery Coorporation,Everything but the girl type shit..

The DJ is a Blond Lesbian hottie called : Mariana..

(She's a friend of mine!)

Get there on a weekend late to feel the PARTY vibe..

(If you get there before Midnight you'll have to sit down and eat)

Jesus what else ummm..

Hit record stores and look for Flyers and stay the fuck away from any place Americans hang out..

They are more than likely gonna SUCK!

Be prepared for a taste of utopia though..

NO VELVET ROPES OR Dress codes(Like NY) at the cool places..

only crazy Italians that want to party..

In Italy it's aaall about the MUSIC and The night!

Have fun..;)

Originally posted by msoprano13

HERE ARE A FEW MORE PHRAZES

MI CHIAMO E- MY NAME IS

COME SI CHIAMO- WHAT IS YOUR NAME

COME LA DOTTORE- WHERE IS THE DOCTOR

VOGLIO VINO ROSSO-I WANT RED WINE

VOGLIO VINO BIANCA-I WANT WHITE WINE

DOVE IL DOTTORE -WHERE IS THE DOCTOR

CHE ORE SONO - WHAT TIME IS IT?

GRAZIE - THANK YOU

PREGO - YOUR WELCOME

VOGLIO UNA - I WANT A...

BISOGNO UNA - I NEED A...

MI DISPIACE - IM SORRY

MI PIACE - I LIKE...

NON PARLO ITALIANO BENE - I DONT SPEAK ITALIAN WELL

some easy things that can get you buy...if u need anything more elaborate or have any quesitons just pm or im me

peace out

gianni

Originally posted by neptune1

L'italia, e anche gli italiani (specialamente le donne!), sono bellissimi. E' la paese piu' bella del mondo. Si vai al sud, dovresti mangiare un piatto di spaghetti alla puttanesca. Al nord, voresti mangiare spaghetti alla bolognese: e' delicioso!

Have fun

:D

va bene..tutti che ha detto e molto vero

peace out

gianni