Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez Cannot Be Human

Originally posted by dschwed

Junior is by far the best DJ I've ever heard. His parties are not matched by anyone.

*sigh*

Have you ever been to Vinyl on a Friday?

If you've never experienced the life-loving adrenaline attack of one of Danny's TEN HOUR SETS, you haven't partied.

Yeah yeah i know i'm a DT freak, but i think i'ts the overall positive vibe that danny promotes, and the fact that he's a down to earth guy who just wants to live and love his life, and wants us to share in that for a night.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUNIOR IS A GREAT DJ BUT I WOULDL NOT GO AS FAR AS SAYING HE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD. I PERSONALLY LOVE PAUL OAKENFOLD.. ESPECIALLY HIS "RESIDENT" CD.

JP IS GREAT

AND WELL ALL THE OTHER DJ'S ARE GOOD TOO. YEAH..

BUT I GUESS ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF VIBE YOU ARE INTO.

SO NO ONE IS RIGHT OR WRONG.

fuck, i really asked for this, didnt i?

okay, its full-out junyah vs. danny drama now...we should rename the string!

i do have danny's global underground london and do love it. hey, i LOVE danny, as do many many of my good friends, most of whom i would consider first junior fans, however. danny and junior have a rather different mixing style; danny's is more main-stream in dance culture, i think.

junior vasquez is constantly challenging his kids. you can find tons of quotes in which he says this. there's an interesting article on dotmusic.com which assesses his reception by english partiers a few years ago that your comment reminds me of, cintron. junior is unique and not immediately accessable. i certainly remember thinking he was cheesy at one point. some djs instantly hit me as great--erick morillo, mark farina, laurence martone, danny tenaglia come to mind. my love (nearing obsession now with the opeing of earth) for junior developed as the result of an inroad, which happened to be tina. im not actually speaking to that bitch these days (she ended up stealing my aural senses), ive come to appreciate his music on even more levels. moreover, junior is more than just music.....he is more (dare i suggest possibly less) than human. im not one for such cheesy k'ed up irrational statements, but this one i really feel. i dunno...

much.

Originally posted by siceone

OK OK OK... you want me to feel sorry for you because NOW society is starting to accept the gay community? You want me to conceed my good night to yours because I like girls? Since when did Being Gay have to do with shunning straight people I thought the whole point was for everyone to look past that.. To look past skin color to look past gender to look past sexual preference and instead to look to the Truth to God to something higher to be the guideline by which we live out our lives. That statement isn't striking a blow for gay night life Its inflamatory and its just plain selfish.. I see it with african-americans ( being one ) ,and other people of color, the double standard that is set up.. WHY?

for real not to be funny at all but why cant we all get along.

-C

no, that whole 'looking past' thing is such a media-created political piece of bullshit. its about much more than that. come on! minority groups, and we're both part of ones, are special. part of our survivalist attitudes should make us want to feel that way. so not only should we be accepted in the larger mainstream of life, but, because we're essentially outside of that, we deserve some sort of community! hunny, mainstream culture is represented every day and everywhere, on tv etc. who do gay people have? will and grace?? and who do you, as an african american, have? fox? (excuse my ignorance if fox isnt really like that now...i havent watched tv in ages.) i dunno, i just long for a sense of community and something really fuckin special, and junyah gives me that. but hey, im all for this party being very mixed, like ive said. my party is really after noon on sundays anyway, and most of the people who arent REALLY passionate about junior are gone by then anyway. and thats how it all works...for the good of those who love him. :eek:

ok I never knew DT was mainstream.. but If he is Then I love mainstream..But I would have to say junior Is more main stream I mean I hear some of his songs played on Ktu I would think thats mainstream.

And "Sweetie" you got real ignorant with the African American shit. I don't need to align my self with a stigma to know who I am I dont need to eat fried chicken and watch cops every night to feel black but if you need to go to Gay parties.. where only gay people are and feel the need to belong to a culture that thinks its ok to Malign people because of something that really should be Sacred and private in my opinion then your just as bad as gay bashers neo-nazis and all those other createns.. you want to seperate your self thats fine.. but don't you dare make the decision to seperate me with out my permision .. then shit will get real ugly real fast... just proves the truth I have known all along its not about black or white, gay or straight, rich or poor... Its about people who try to live by truth and love ( unconditionally) and people who are selfish and who SUCK... so I pose the question to you and answer me honestly junyahsboy which side are you on?

-C

who cares.. JV still sucks.. you cannot put that focker in the same category as -sasha -diggers -erick morillo -DT 0r even -carl cox. those guys are real dj's ..their skill goes beyond the call of duty as a Dj/producer so dont even try to say he rocks.. JV just shows up to put on sum vinyl & attract all the fruits of labor

Originally posted by dfresh000

who cares.. JV still sucks.. you cannot put that focker in the same category as -sasha -diggers -erick morillo -DT 0r even -carl cox. those guys are real dj's ..their skill goes beyond the call of duty as a Dj/producer so dont even try to say he rocks.. JV just shows up to put on sum vinyl & attract all the fruits of labor

Amen... Lay it down reverend and let the spirit touch me.

Out of the mouth of babes..... stand up and be recognized son.

-C

I had the best time last Saturday when I heard Junior spin for the first time. I loved the club, I LOVED the music, and I loved the people, all of them.

Reading this post makes me feel really:( . Isn 't our clubbing thing supposed to be all ecstacy-induced love and acceptance? There's so much bitterness given out at the slightest prompt.

Too bad I'm a girl, I guess. Now I can't even be accepted doing my favorite thing, clubbing, because I'm not the right type of GUY.

If Junior ever tries to kick my shakin ass off the dancefloor, I'll...I'll...raise Hell? Be rolling my ass off and not be able to comprehend why someone would be so pissy as to hate girls for being girls and not gay guys.

:(:mad::(:mad:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i dont dislike JV because he is gay :rolleyes:

i dislike JV because i'm not a huge fan of remixed disco and 80's freestyle, and his music sounds a little to close to KTU for comfort

You havent really heard Junior spin! Deep dark tribal!!

Originally posted by siceone

And "Sweetie" you got real ignorant with the African American shit. I don't need to align my self with a stigma to know who I am I dont need to eat fried chicken and watch cops every night to feel black but if you need to go to Gay parties.. where only gay people are and feel the need to belong to a culture that thinks its ok to Malign people because of something that really should be Sacred and private in my opinion then your just as bad as gay bashers neo-nazis and all those other createns.. you want to seperate your self thats fine.. but don't you dare make the decision to seperate me with out my permision .. then shit will get real ugly real fast... just proves the truth I have known all along its not about black or white, gay or straight, rich or poor... Its about people who try to live by truth and love ( unconditionally) and people who are selfish and who SUCK... so I pose the question to you and answer me honestly junyahsboy which side are you on?

-C

whoa, whoa. sorry, i really didnt mean to offend. i was merely lauding the opportunity to feel a sense of community, to feel, as a minority, that I AM the superstar, no longer trying to fit my way into a world dominated by "others," but here I walk right in the door w/o waiting in line, and the dj speaks to ME. junior makes me feel like a star, does that for all of us. i really didnt mean to offend. forgive any ignorant/inappropriate parallels. :(

Originally posted by guinevere

If Junior ever tries to kick my shakin ass off the dancefloor, I'll...I'll...raise Hell? Be rolling my ass off and not be able to comprehend why someone would be so pissy as to hate girls for being girls and not gay guys.

:(:mad::(:mad:

wow, i raised a lot of bitterness in this thread! NOT my intention. girl, you shake it, keep shaking it, and junior will give some fucking fierce respect! you stick it out through everything he throws at you and you are rewarded. i LOVE seeing girls out there on the floor...and i know that the girls who are shaking it out there at noon on sunday are VERY cool people id like to know and party with. junior obviously doesnt "kick out" girls per se (except for that hired dancer story from boston, but thats different), he just plays a lot of music early morning sunday that tends to make a lot of people choose to leave. thats all. stick with him and you get the fierce shit on sunday...and THATS what he's all about.

hope to see you shaking it at noon next week!

sorry for all these posts from me in a row...just keep finding new stuff to address.

so i decided i was wrong. junior vasquez is very human. i discussed this with a friend who better likened junior to high priest as opposed to angel or deamon. this seems far more appropriate.

Originally posted by junyahsboy

wow, i raised a lot of bitterness in this thread! NOT my intention. girl, you shake it, keep shaking it, and junior will give some fucking fierce respect! you stick it out through everything he throws at you and you are rewarded. i LOVE seeing girls out there on the floor...and i know that the girls who are shaking it out there at noon on sunday are VERY cool people id like to know and party with. junior obviously doesnt "kick out" girls per se (except for that hired dancer story from boston, but thats different), he just plays a lot of music early morning sunday that tends to make a lot of people choose to leave. thats all. stick with him and you get the fierce shit on sunday...and THATS what he's all about.

hope to see you shaking it at noon next week!

Love is love, no hard feelings, I'm sure we were all voicing our opinions which we are all entitled to and what we discused is important and wouldn't draw such passionate responses if it wasn't plus I like and argument once and a while.. about stuff that matters. Its not so much about whether or not im right or wrong its more about whether or not I AM... be cool keep on dancin'

[*_-=C=-_*]

I gotta argue this m'dear. I think that there are a lot of folks out there that consider this part of his set their favorite. Personally, I really enjoy it and I think it compliments his closings/more vocally periods all the more.

My personal favorite thing about Junior is that he doesn't stick to one "sound" throughout the night. My personal favorite is when his hard/tribal sound runs later into the afternoon and drifts into his more "well known" sound and then into the closing.

His tribal/deep/dark period is just so mad sexy. As a friend of mine said who introduced me to Junior "She takes you on a journey." I have to agree and this is a definite part of the journey that I just *love* and I think many others who aren't as into vocals/happier house agree. If his entire set was closure to the end of his set I think I would find myself a bit bored.

-Oo

wow, this is only one aspect of junior's music, and i dare say NOT his most popular. is this your favorite of his stuff? what he plays up until around 9am??

thats awesome. id actually like to get into this part of junior's music more, myself. ive looked at it as "go-home music," which has put a negative spin on my interpretation...as something i have to endure. i get into some of it: mainly the heavy percussion that is indicative of much of junior's better known work. that always gets me moving.

im going early this week, more for nicky siano, but im gonna give tribal junior a VERY real chance...

Do be patient with the "crossover" though ;) Heh heh.

PS got your email, responding now. :)

-Oo

thats awesome. id actually like to get into this part of junior's music more, myself. ive looked at it as "go-home music," which has put a negative spin on my interpretation...as something i have to endure. i get into some of it: mainly the heavy percussion that is indicative of much of junior's better known work. that always gets me moving.

im going early this week, more for nicky siano, but im gonna give tribal junior a VERY real chance...