Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez Cannot Be Human

Originally posted by junyahsboy

moreover, its hard for me to believe that junior is REALLY all that pompous and conceited. if you check out other articles on him, youll find hes often complaining about having no one to go home to. imagine how that would feel--hundreds of beautiful men screaming your name and hanging on your every beat in the club, but when you go home--nothing. its gotta be REALLY depressing.

I stand corrected - it seems Junior actually IS single, as of very recently.

And yes, he really is close to THAT conceited. Ah well...

As for beat matching, ummm... i have heard him cause and recover from more train wrecks than many, many other dj's... the difference is, he can usually make it sound intentional - or at least make it work for him. That's the benefit of being a more 'technical' dj.

ichi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, totally...but at the same time i PREFER the IDEA of him actually losing control of the music...letting it spin away into chaos. and then, reaching out and reclaiming it again, pulling it all together. doesnt this tell a much better story, and in fact make him a more active player, than if he did such things intentionally? which is true--well i guess you cant know...

Originally posted by junyahsboy

yeah, totally...but at the same time i PREFER the IDEA of him actually losing control of the music...letting it spin away into chaos. and then, reaching out and reclaiming it again, pulling it all together. doesnt this tell a much better story, and in fact make him a more active player, than if he did such things intentionally? which is true--well i guess you cant know...

but doesnt that sound .... BAD?

[*_-=C=-_*]

Damn !!!! I think you are ALL right.

But thinking about it...I love JV, DT and Calderone. They are the best, but even still there are days when even I don't feel it. You know what I'm talking about. I go to Salvation in Miami 'cause I just thing Abel is the best (at least when I'm there). But sometimes he sucks. And I can say the same about al of them.

It's all about their state of mind at the moment.

I went to a party @ Twilo with Susan Morabito and had to leave after only 1 hour. Some of my friends swear by her. Go figure.

That's why color was invented. Red for you, blue for me.

Enough said.

im not gay but ive been to the roxy on occasion for a good party

however dont believe all the hype being circulated by the roxy residents that he is the best DJ. hes great for jungle type tribal shit but he dont know anything else and who really cares about how good he mixes- all the great Dj's can mix

ANYWAY I HATE TO SEE JV DESTROYING EXIT [EARTH]

ALL THE HOTTIES ARENT GOING AND THE CHINESE GROUP IS GONE NOW, AND BESIDES WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH EXITS OLD DJ'S ANYWAY???

WHOS IDEA WAS IT TO CHANGE THE DJ"S AND IF THEY WERE GONNA UPSCALE EXIT WITH ALL THE NEW WORK THEN WHY BOTHER DOING IT IF ITS JUST GONNA BE FOR JV AND HIS FOLLOWERS WHO ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY IN DARK CLUBS LIKE ROXY AND TWILO? ? THAT WAS ANOTHER REASON I LIKED ROXY WAS THAT IT WAS DARK AND U COULD HIDE OUT AND ENJOY YOURSELF . AND NOW THEIR IS NO PLACE TO RELAX IN EARTH - ITS ALL LIT UP- ITS SUCKS NOW

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i dont dislike JV because he is gay :rolleyes:

i dislike JV because i'm not a huge fan of remixed disco and 80's freestyle, and his music sounds a little to close to KTU for comfort

:(

Guys, parties change. This is a natural thing especially in this scene. We've all "lost" a party we really enjoyed at some point or another. Another one inevitably replaces it that will of course, not be the same, but will certainly let you get your groove on again. No use asking why this happens. :)

-Oo

DT and JV's style is so different, I don't understand people even comparing the two. I used to be a Huge Junior fan. I was @ fatory, the road show, tunnel, Arena and a little of juniorverse I'm not really too into his music now adays but I still have respect for him. I now go see DT as much as possible, because I perfer his music more. both are great @ what they do. I have a certain expectation when I hear junior and I have different expectations when I hit vinyl. They both still turn me out!!