Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Riddle Me This

aboyfrombklyn

You're walking down a road when you run into two men. The two men are standing side by side before a split in the road. They inform you that one way leads to heaven and the other leads to hell, but they don't tell you which one is which. So how do you find out which way is to heaven?????

There are 2 rules to this riddle:

1. You are only allowed to ask one question to one of them (not a question to each person, just one question)

2. One of the men is a truthful and the other is a liar, but you don't know which one is which.

And yes, it is possible. Think.

i got it

i'd ask one do u want to fuck me

if he responds no then he must be the liar, haha

seriously now, i think ur missing something

cause then even if with my question i find out who is the liar

how would i know which way is to heaven

did u forget to mention that the liar is standing in front of hell??

i dont know maybe im just not smart enough

but at least i can tell whose lying

I'll give you a little hint. The key is NOT to find out who the liar is (which is impossible, believe me on this), but to find out which way heaven is.

Don't bother asking questions like "Are you the liar" or "Is he lying to me". It won't work.

Have fun!:laugh:

Sorry, but I went crazy for 45 minutes before I figured it out. I deserve to have a little fun with it.

Originally posted by glowdancer

ok i got a real guess now

which way are u gonna end up when u die?

cause the liar is going to hell but would lie and point to heaven

and the truthful one will point to heaven

please tell i'm right

I'm sorry, but that's the wrong answer. This is why:

If you asked the truthful guy which way is heaven, he would tell you the truth and point you to that direction, right? But, you can't forget that you don't know if he's telling you the truth. The only way to verify that is if you ask the liar the same question, but you can't since you only have one question.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

I'm sorry, but that's the wrong answer. This is why:

If you asked the truthful guy which way is heaven, he would tell you the truth and point you to that direction, right? But, you can't forget that you don't know if he's telling you the truth. The only way to verify that is if you ask the liar the same question, but you can't since you only have one question. [/QU

duh........

ok, heres the question id ask: will the honest person please point to heaven?

You're walking down a road when you run into two men. The two men are standing side by side before a split in the road. They inform you that one way leads to heaven and the other leads to hell, but they don't tell you which one is which. So how do you find out which way is to heaven?????

1. You are only allowed to ask one question to one of them (not a question to each person, just one question)

2. One of the men is a truthful and the other is a liar, but you don't know which one is which.

ask which one of you is a liar...

the honest one would say im a liar and the liar would prolly say hes the liar...

Yo Seriously, A someone asked me that riddle a couple of years ago, and till this day I still havent figured that stupid thing out and trust me I have tried.

I have come to the realization that the answer is just to simple for me to think of. I hope you actually do know the answer, because i have asked people before in hopes that they would come up with the answer and they would get mad when i tell them i dont know either.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

how bout this: ask them what the other man would answer if I asked them which is the road leading to hell.

??

Exactly!!! You got it right.

You either:

Ask one guy what the other guy would tell you if you asked him which one sent you to hell, and then take the opposite path.

Let's assume hell is to the right.

If you asked the liar what the truthful guy would tell you, the liar would of course lie to you and say that the truthful guy would point you to the left, which really is heaven, but he doesn't want you to know that.

If you asked the truthful guy what the liar would tell you, he would tell you that the liar would point to the left (which is heaven) to try to trick you into going right, which is hell.

This is why you choose the opposite path.

OR

Ask one guy what the other guy would tell you if you asked him which one sent you to heaven, and then take that path.

Let's assume heaven is to the left.

If you asked the liar what the truthful guy would tell you if you asked where hell was, the liar would try to trick you by telling you that the truthful guy would send you to the left which is hell, but it really is heaven.

If you asked the truthful guy what the liar would tell you if you asked where hell was, he would point to heaven, knowing that the liar would point there trying to make you believe it's hell, when it's really heaven.

This is why you choose that path.

You never actually figure out who the liar is or who the truthful guy is, but you do figure out what path to take.

If you still can't figure it out, draw it. It might make it easier. But believe me, it is possible.

Originally posted by glowdancer

i'm right

both of them would point to heaven

the liar would point to heaven cause he's going to hell

and the truthful one would point there too

so it doesnt matter who i ask

u better tell me i'm right or give me the freaking answer

ur alomst right, but u can only ask ONE question to ONE of the men. so they're not gonna both point, only one will point to either path, cuz only one can answer ur question.

hopefully that wasnt too hard to understand

You either:

Ask one guy what the other guy would tell you if you asked him which one sent you to hell, and then take the opposite path.

If you asked the liar what the truthful guy would tell you, the liar would of course lie to you and say that the truthful guy would point you to the left, which really is heaven, but he doesn't want you to know that.

If you asked the truthful guy what the liar would tell you, he would tell you that the liar would point to the left (which is heaven) to try to trick you into going right, which is hell.

OR

Ask one guy what the other guy would tell you if you asked him which one sent you to heaven, and then take that path.

If you asked the liar what the truthful guy would tell you if you asked where hell was, the liar would try to trick you by telling you that the truthful guy would send you to the left which is hell, but it really is heaven.

If you asked the truthful guy what the liar would tell you if you asked where hell was, he would point to heaven, knowing that the liar would point there trying to make you believe it's hell, when it's really heaven.

You never actually figure out who the liar is or who the truthful guy is, but you do figure out what path to take.

If you still can't figure it out, draw it. It might make it easier. But believe me, it is possible.

ugh...that's too complicated. i understand it, but i would have never thought of that

But how would you know which one is the liar and which one is honest? And which one to listen to?

You either:

OR