Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Jersey Absolutely Sucks!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dudey

Trenton? Dude ..trenton is as an "Airstrike Realestate Area" as i've seen. Airstrike realty includes all the areas around NYC :) Newark, Bayonne, etc. Most of NJ is pretty rural. esp since i went to a private school in Morris County - its farm country up there.:D

airstrike

real

estate?

:confused:

...it aint about where you came from or even where you live...it's about who you are and where you're going...

man, this ny/nj drama never dies...we should concentrate on our commonalities and similarites not our differences...we all know where that road leads too...

that's enough fluff for a saturday morning...somebody get me a second cup of coffee...

-zito ellatha

Originally posted by kre8r

yeah..

jersey definitely sucks. no offense to ppl who live there.

alot of you are cool, but the state itself sucks, i mean

as soon as i enter it...i'm like shit.

A.C is cool though.

"that's a bold statement"

just curious - could you elaborate on that...what makes an entire state suck and what about it makes you feel like shit or is it that you're like "shit, i'm in nj" or is it...

i dont get it...and where's my second cup of coffee...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by phatman

"that's a bold statement"

just curious - could you elaborate on that...what makes an entire state suck and what about it makes you feel like shit or is it that you're like "shit, i'm in nj" or is it...

i dont get it...and where's my second cup of coffee...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

i dunno i just feel awkward in jersey, like a fish out of water

i could give you many reasons why, from the way people act

to the strictness of the state in terms of police. i just feel relief

when i'm out of the state, i guess maybe it's only me. but jersey

never treated me good. except the blackjack tables.

but seriously i don't like the make-up of it. it seems like the

cities are seperated by waste land, and the high ways forget

about it, confusing, so many tolls and the rest areas thats another story. the cities themselves it's like if they know if you're from NY they have to challenge you or give you rude looks. i don't need that shit. not anymore anyway

I’m not being a fucking asshole im just stating a fact. That NYC is a very densely populated place in American this makes it a prime target as we all know for terrorist attacks. I recently quit my job at American express on 40 wall because I simply couldn’t take the people that I was running into every day on the subway and all around me in the city. I’m the first to say that NYC is number one for nightlife and for food and things to do. BUT at the end of the night when im back in Morristown NJ and I can breath without smelling that nyc stink and I can see green grass I THANK GOD I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY.

Originally posted by notallthere

I’m not being a fucking asshole im just stating a fact. That NYC is a very densely populated place in American this makes it a prime target as we all know for terrorist attacks. I recently quit my job at American express on 40 wall because I simply couldn’t take the people that I was running into every day on the subway and all around me in the city. I’m the first to say that NYC is number one for nightlife and for food and things to do. BUT at the end of the night when im back in Morristown NJ and I can breath without smelling that nyc stink and I can see green grass I THANK GOD I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY.

...i hope you dont live by the "hollow" section of motown because there is some different type of funk going on down there...

seriously, i'm a jersey boy too but there is plenty of stank on both sides of the border...as far as your quote, perhaps you miswrote what you wanted to say 'cause it sure didn't come across as a nice statement about overpopulation...

and as far as nightlife is concerned, ny's dense population is what puts it on a different plane...because nj is so spread out, you can't have clubs two three blocks from each other...think about how far apart nj clubs are and how far the average nj resident has to drive to get to a decent scene...that's the problem with this eternal argument...people are comparing apples to oranges...

Guest jaxl

i dunno i just feel awkward in jersey, like a fish out of water

i could give you many reasons why, from the way people act

to the strictness of the state in terms of police. i just feel relief

when i'm out of the state, i guess maybe it's only me. but jersey

never treated me good. except the blackjack tables.

but seriously i don't like the make-up of it. it seems like the

cities are seperated by waste land, and the high ways forget

about it, confusing, so many tolls and the rest areas thats another story. the cities themselves it's like if they know if you're from NY they have to challenge you or give you rude looks. i don't need that shit. not anymore anyway

I feel awkward when I come into to the city and I love it anyway, despite the fact that I'm always get pushed out of the place when I take mass transit or simply walking in the street. And no, I do not walk around like a tourist, I adapt to the the climate in the city. I'd like to know if you have personally met everyone in the state to make such sweeping comments. You're going to find assholes wherever you go and unless you want to live on a one man (or woman) island, you just have to deal with it.

I live in central Jersey, across the highway from Watchung, where it's not country but it sure isn't city. I like to know when I come home in the evening during the summer, I can sit on my deck with a drink and just relax. If I want to run around in my backyard, I have one to run around in; if I want to sit on my front step and just chill, I can. When I wake up in the morning, it's to birds chirping, not horns honking or garbage trucks making noise. Yeah, it's a pain in the winter when I have to get up and shovel snow out of my my driveway and sidewalk, but that's my choice. Yeah and nothing ever happens in my sleepy town and the highlights of the year are:

1) Memorial Day parade and picnic in the park (shared by my town and the one right next door)

2) Fanny Wood Day (founder of the town - also shared by the next door town)

3) Santa riding thru town on our one fire engine delivering wrapped presents (supplied by their parents) to the kids

4) Summer concerts put on in the town square by locals

5) Summer evening movies in the park, where the kids can run around and their parents don't have to worry that they may get snatched up.

Everyone comes out for these events as hokey as they sound and everyone has a good time. And the best thing is.....the crime rate is low ----no murders, no missing people, etc. I've lived here almost 6 years and I think the only major incidents occurred when the rotissere (sp?) caught on fire at the A&P and when we had a high speed chase go thru the town after some teenagers stole a car from the parking lot at the train station a couple of towns over and smashed into the mailbox across the street from my house. Practically everyone knows everyone and we all look out for one another.

Don't judge the entire state and its people because of a bad experience you had, that's as ignorant as judging someone because of their race or religion.

Originally posted by usa

Edison in in Central NJ. Most NJ posters here are from Northern NJ. duh.

No most NJ posters are from Central Jersey. Personally I've lived in North Jersey, central, oversees, and now down the shore, and I like Jersey. Only a small part of it sucks with all the factories but it is a nice state. Where else can you have like 30 malls within a 50 mile radius. NYC is great, but I would never want to live there for a long amount of time.

yeah..

jersey definitely sucks. no offense to ppl who live there.

alot of you are cool, but the state itself sucks, i mean

as soon as i enter it...i'm like shit.

A.C is cool though.

Ok for all of you morons who have not been past the damn NJ turnpike please shut the F up! Most of NJ is rural land with a lot of farms...great beaches....ext.

Just because you've seen NJ after the tunnels doesn't mean you can speak for all of NJ. It would be like judging NYC by the Harlem. We all have our shit areas.

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

Ok for all of you morons who have not been past the damn NJ turnpike please shut the F up! Most of NJ is rural land with a lot of farms...great beaches....ext.

Just because you've seen NJ after the tunnels doesn't mean you can speak for all of NJ. It would be like judging NYC by the Harlem. We all have our shit areas.

vini.vidi.vici

by the way the beaches are not all that.

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I lived in Bayonne for 3 years and the only bad thing was that you needed a car to get everywhere. If you or one of your friends didnt have a car, you were pretty much fucked.......But the girls, ya gotta love them Jersey girls.....:rolleyes:

I lived in bayonne for the past 23 yrs (my whole life) and I know jersey isn't that great, but it's not that bad either, nycmuzik, you really don't need a car around here...when i was younger before i got the car i went everywhere, if u were feelin the city....it only takes about 20-30 to get there by transporation. Hey Jersey really isn't that bad

I don't think jersey is thattt bad, I lived in bayonne also until 2 years ago and now I'm in nutley. Still really close to the city and its a nice area, and it's pretty damn clean. Of course there are places that arent but thats not the majority of jersey