Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who here strictly listens to electronic music

casting myself away as an exile from my pearl jam pearl jam and pearl jam crazed "peers" in high school i grabbed up every piece of weird of electronic sh!t i could find in local department/electronics stores and started on my quest to devalue the all-too-idolized distorted guitar / bass / drummer / lead singer formula.

i haven't stopped.

90% of my collection is electronica ranging from strictly percussionless ambient to ear bleeding hardcore.

the rest is rock which does not suck.

the police, cure, etc.

I'm pretty particular to what styles I listen to, but I've never limited myself to just electronica.

The main styles I listen to are: hard house, nu-nrg, acid breaks, Batlimore breaks, gabber/hardcore, hard trance, acid trance, freeform, tech-step, industrial, ebm/elektro, power electronics, noize, black metal, doom metal, death metal, classical, new age and ambient.

French Hip hop is a nice alternative, and for that person that said la moment it is actually le moment, but whatever i just nitpick since i am french. Otherwise, basically only that type of genre, no need to hear overmarketed crap on the radio, be it horrible rock, pop, rap or whatsoever. The only rock that I ever thought was any good, was Led Zep, Doors, and the rest of that time, as well as early 90's STP, Nirvana and such. Also classical for a real change of pace, but overall, Trance, house and rest.

it's a lot of trance and house for me...but i do mix it up with about half electronic and half other stuff i listen to which includes Tool, RATM, 311, Weezer, Cake, Better Than Ezra and the likes of that (none of the main stream pop or punk rock or blow your head off metal)

Back in my youngen days I used to listen to a lot of Rap, but then I discoverd Electronic music. I used to buy CDS with Groups and Dj's I didnt know, just to test em out. Eventually I would start to learn styles and peoples who created the music. So whenever I saw a CD with like Modo on it for instance I would grab it up and listen to all the mixes and from there stemmed out my fascination into house. For quite some time now, even before I went clubbing I was listening to house music. Later I evolved to club music, like I would be in SF and be like shit I want this song and can never quite get the same music that I heard in clubs. But now with the advent of the internet I usually here a track first then I would hear it in the club. Its sad but the only reason I used to go to clubs was to hear the phat house tracks. Now I could listen to them all in my car or computer. I mainly listen to hard house, trance, dance, once in a while I throw on a Euro Dance song, but I like Dj Mmixes. Something about all the tunes on the same damn sound level. I hate cleaning up my CDS. Call me lazy :)

Not at all.Variety is the spice of life,well for me anyway.I would say being raised by hippies has really influenced my diverse and ecclectic tastes in music. Classic rock became drilled into my brain at a very young age.Bands like Black Sabbath(my fav)Deep Purple,Zepplin,Mountain,Stephenwolf..etc etc were always on in my house.Blah Blah Blah anyway as far as electronic goes I only really like hard house and hardcore.

So anyone coming to see OZZY with me on Dec 23rd? :D

<------------------ Strictly electronica since 1992...yea im pretty old skool as far as my music tastes but i can thank my cousin for all this. He introduced me to THE ORB in 1992 with the album...U.F.Orb and i fell in love with electronic music. Then i discovered Aphex Twin and was fuckin changed forever by how much a persons ambient/experimental techno could have a personal effect on you...or i as i call some of his songs....mood music. But i basically eat, sleep, shit electronica. Example: i was at work eating some Doritos from the vending machine and i was kinda bobbin my head to this sudden beat that came into my head as i was eatin and so my partner Jamie goes "Damn Mike, whats there some techno in them chips or what? " :laugh: one of them moments u had to be there to acknowledge it.

Well ever since I got into the club scene which is about 3 1/2 years , Ive been listening to electronica music, mostly hard house, hardcore, hard trance, some trance, d&b. But at work I listen to K-Rock all the time, If i don't have any cds with me. I love linkin park. Before my club days I used to listen to r&b, raggae, rap, all the time, but now its mostly electronica music. ;O) .. plus if am in a :( mood, i hard house and hardcore always :D me up