Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY NIGHTLIFE SUCKS!! I QUIT! (Mugz puts down the glowsticks and retires!)

Doneskee...

Can't deal with all the velvet rope bullshit..

The retarded GLAM shows..

(WHO THE FUCK WEARS COWBOY

HATS AND SUNGLASSES INDOORS!)

The Coke heads thinking they are god's gifts to the scene..

(When most of them don't even have a fucking clue where

the scene came from and what they are listening to!)

Don't want..

over prized tiny cups of drinks..

Security that dosen't treat clients with respect..

Over packed dance floor sthat you can't dance to..

get thrown out because I dance with lights/sticks!

WTF HAPPENED NY?

It's like every place I go to now wants to be a studio 54!

FUCK ALL THAT!~

I'm done...

see ya round hooches and guidos..

I'm crawling back to the under ground...

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY WORLD!

see ya....

*drops sticks and walks off over packed dance floor

and out the door....:( :( :(

Originally posted by mugwump

Doneskee...

Can't deal with all the velvet rope bullshit..

The retarded GLAM shows..

(WHO THE FUCK WEARS COWBOY

HATS AND SUNGLASSES INDOORS!)

The Coke heads thinking they are god's gifts to the scene..

(When most of them don't even have a fucking clue where

the scene came from and what they are listening to!)

Don't want..

over prized tiny cups of drinks..

Security that dosen't treat clients with respect..

Over packed dance floor sthat you can't dance to..

get thrown out because I dance with lights/sticks!

WTF HAPPENED NY?

It's like every place I go to now wants to be a studio 54!

FUCK ALL THAT!~

I'm done...

see ya round hooches and guidos..

I'm crawling back to the under ground...

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY WORLD!

see ya....

*drops sticks and walks off over packed dance floor

and out the door....:( :( :(

What does Jenny have to say about your slandering of the NYC nitelife MUGZ?

I feel ya man.

Its turned into more of the thing to do. People go to clubs now and treat the situation as if they were in a bar. It sickens me to an extent, however this was inevitable.

My favorite spots now are the places that try to keep the underground vibe like Vinyl for example and the lounges. Its all that is left besides the parties and raves.

Velvet ropes are getting on my nerve too, especially on the lower east side and east village. WTF, no velvet ropes should exist in those areas. I was so pissed last Saturday I stole the velvet rope from some lounge I won't name in ABC city.

NYC needs the velvet ropes, it is NYC after all, not some honky tonk town were people where jean shorts and Abercrombie and Titch T-shirt and hats. But there a time and place for everything, and the velvet rope shouldn't be at certain places and bars.

. . . Seriously though, someone needs to buy a warehouse somewhere, I don't care where, but somewhere (I'm thinking the Bronx, and NOT a warm and fuzzy part of the Bronx. . a bombed out, mid-eighties, terrified white people don't go there part of the Bronx) and create a club, then stock it with DJ's who are going to play catchy songs that are hard enough to keep the mainstream crowd from overtaking . .

. . In all honesty, and to keep the vibe of P.L.U.R. (remember when that meant something ?!? . .) central to the theme . . you gotta abide by what I call the 80/20 rule. . It goes a little something like this . . The party people (Kandy Kidz, Combat Crew, B-Boys, Fly-Girlz, Freakazoids, Selektas. . etc . .) MUST make up AT LEAST 80 percent of the party/club/massive population in attendance. This prevents the trendies (the remaining 20 percent) from competing with each other, and competition is exactly what we're trying to avoid (except in dancing from time to time . .:) ).

Think about it for a second . . . what are bars for? You get drunk, hit on chicks in the hopes of getting laid. . .Since getting laid, in a male sense, is outcompeting the other males to pick from the existing female population . . as a guy you're forced to wear the most flashy stuff and play the most dominant and smooth guy character that you can muster. . all in hopes of attracting females to you. . That need for attraction causes you to sub-consciously and even consciously subvert your fellow males . . That subversion does not fit into the true model of a underground party because it doesn't foster a sense of unity ( the U in PLUR). .

Aaaarrrgh . .I'm too discombobulated today . .but continuting right along . .

. . If the trendies are kept to under 20% percent of the party, they're FORCED to get into the vibe that the Controlling majority (the Party People) are giving off. . . I mean . .If you're a trendy swimming in a sea of ravers, you've got one of two options to choose from: 1) get out, and quickly at that . . OR . . . 2) start dancin and don't give a fuck!

Another benefit to following this rule is that the trendies will interact with the Party people in a non-competitive way. They'll be more willing to get to know the people who shout and get angry about how their scene is going down the toilet, and therefore be more understanding of what the whole scene is all about . . and maybe . .JUST maybe . . they'll eventually be converted into party people themselves . . .

. . Just a thought . .

-Phuturephunk

Siceone and i are going to open a club up in NYC.

It'll be the awesomest place you've ever been to.

It'll have the greatest vibe you've ever felt.

It'll be a place where everyone can enjoy the MUSIC and be who they want to be...

the downside is that this wont be for another 20-30 years :(

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Think about it for a second . . . what are bars for? You get drunk, hit on chicks in the hopes of getting laid. . .

i actually go to bars, get drunk, & hit on chicks in hopes of getting them to balance my checkbook. but that's just me.

on a serious note, didn't someone say they're trying to turn the lunatarium @ dumbo into a venue where these underground parties that you speak of can be held?

Originally posted by heretic909

Mugz, does this mean you're not doing your Friday night parties at Fun anymore?

Nah dude...

I'll be @ Fun..

and there is a "ROPE"

But it'll be a cold day in hell that I don't

let anyone and EVERYONE inside!

ALL ARE WELCOMED TO MY NIGHT!

Plus FUN is more of a Lounge than an over packed club..

very eclectic vibe..

Very CHILL..

Had something like last night occured

I believe the owner would have fired everyone involved..

and they would have refunded the partie's $$..

"PEOPLE OVER MONEY!"

The clubs should remember that!

*You'll still find me @:

Baktun

Lunaterium (@ Dumbo)

FUN

Guernica

Filter 14

Variouse LOUNGES (Leps..etc)

Shine

Plant

Frying Pan

Vynil (on raaaare ocassions)

and Limelight

(Just as soon as Trancend hooks me up..wink-wink)

Mugz man, I hear and feel ya on all this shit. It sure as hell aint what it used to be, but personally I gotta say that it can only get better. Who knows what club/s will open, what tracks will be dropped and what DJ will make their debut. You've got the knowledge man, it'd be a shame to see it all go, past the meatheads, past the k-holers, flip off the security, and out the door. Hang up the sticks man, but if you ever decide to come back, I'll save you a spot on the floor. It was good to meet you if only once. Good luck on the other side kid.

Well, its one of us...or maybe both of us. Nope no one is typing right now. BAR MENACE is having a bit of an identity crisis...

but that's ok, cause we're picking up our turntables on Sat. and we can start to develop our new persona then.

OK, sorry u had such a bad time. I (we) have to say that what happened was WACK!!! However, the problem is just that the place can't handle a crowd like that and it got a little crazy. Deep Dish should be at a place like Roxy that has the space. On quieter nights, Centro's fine. I (we) just go for the music and chillin with with all U guys anyway.

Hugz for Mugz. Cheer up!!!!!!

And NO MORE BITCHIN!!! (that's SBJ's job anyway, isn't it?)

That's a pretty good list Mugz, but I don't know about Plant anymore, that bouncer has become a jerk, he wouldn't let my friends in even though the place was dead because they had only one girl with them (there were two of them). Shine can be like that on the weekends too (the weekday parties are better.)

Baktun still has great parties. I haven't been to FUN in over 2 years now, it was a pretty cool place, but no cool crowds or DJs back then. I'll have to check out a la leche party sometimes.

peace and everyone have a great weekend

It's a pretty good venue...Countdown n Simpty parties have been pretty good there. It's bigger than Exit (the main floor is) and since it's in the South Bronx it should scare all the trendies off.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

:rolleyes: right......

BTW, HOW COME THE PARTIES DRIED UP AFTER THE SUMMER. There used to be one one after the other this summer. What happened????? After Boo6 got cancelled everything else seemed to be cancelled too. The last one that kinda came close was Tiesto at World, but it was so ho-hum....

phuturephunk, you got it down, man. amen! that bit about the shiny shirts is hysterical.

problem is that the icky crowd brings in the dough. most club owners don't really want people to dance, because if you're dancing all night, you're too busy to spend lots of money at the bar. the icky crowd spends most of the time drinking and just enough time filling up the dance floor to make the place look good.

plus, for some ridiculous Gulliani driven reason, the poser-wannabe shiny-shirt-wearing, cheap-hoochie, rude, neanderthals are considered respectable and desirable society. and all of us trying to practice PLUR are considered slacker, drugged out, vandalizing troublemakers that bring down property values and cause all the evils in the city.

so a group of adults dressed funky, bouncing to music and hugging in a warehouse in dumbo is somehow more of a threat and less desirable when compared to a bunch of molesting, vomiting, cokehead, brawlers at some velvet rope club uptown. unless of course you take the latter bunch and put them in the warehouse and charge $30 at the door and $15 a drink...then it is contributing to the economic development of the city.

alas, this seems to be the case for all of nyc, whether it's housing, art, music, performances, etc...the young "underground" folk move in, create something good, the icky trend chasers want to be a part of it, infiltrate it, and then it becomes just like all the other crap joints.

if vinyl ever goes under, I will be inconsolable.

re: the lunatarium --since this place has been giving us some good times lately, how 'bout we all keep in on the DL so it stays around, k?

peace,

FireGirl

don't put down the glowsticks...MOVE!!!

ok I'm about to start ranting so you can just skip dis part

yeh fuck ropes, ropes keep people apart

fuck jet set posers

fuck greedy club owners

fuck, fuck ,fuck and then fuck some more (he he he:tongue:)

fuck security

fuck dress codes

fuck people who fuck up the vibe

fuck making it all bout loot instead of love

fuck this

fuck that

fuck the cat in the hat

fuck boozing(oh yeh that helps the vibe alot):rolleyes:

fuck not dancing

fuck rotating people on the floor

fuck telling me what to do

and fuck clubs, we only been saying the same shit over again and they don't listen... I mean that I havint been to a club in months and I'm not going to any more unless #1 a friend is spinning #2 I know who owns the place and there friends of mine

otherwise what is going on in (most) clubs is not what I am about. its too"fake"

peace