Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Sean BOOOOZY"

beyondo

ok all his little buddies are going to flip but ......you were a snoozer Sean.

sorry.

When i got there i thought i was in the clear and was ready to hear Edgar play when i walk in to our tables and as we were all getting ready and set i say "god Edgar is lousy today" ......only to look to my immidiate right and see Edgar there in the vip hanging out with some friends as everyone passing by was saying ..get in the booth !!!....including some Space employees and managers.

:mad:

then (im guessing its u) i see the dj walking around doing laps around space with his blue record bag as to say "hey im the dj"...next time a sign will do.

grant it you did throw in some songs that were good (like 2) but overall the dance floor from the vip looked motionless.

in the Vip it was like "uuuuuuuh, whats going on here"

and pod since u looove quoting people.......i laughed when a host sat someone next to our table who were appearant first timers or tourist and said

"im sorry about the dj its some guy who won a contest our regular dj is coming up" that right there made me laugh.

but i guess the shameless self promotion on this board is over now and you had your 15 min of fame and now let the big boys take over.

looking forward to DJ Dan.;)

Well I may be a bit biased, but I enjoyed the hell out of Seans set.

but the thing I did notice is that while he was spining at Space and people were talking about him, you were sitting around totally ignored as usual.

face it beyondo... your a just a dimwitted negative nobody who feels better about his petty little existance by degrading others.

I thought most guys got over that "All attention, even negative attention, is good" attitude after 3rd grade. Guess not.

Sean wasn't a snoozer, but given his lack of experience on a large system, he did quite well.

Compare it to flying. I can easily fly a LearJet or a Gulfstream 5. Sure it makes me a pilot by definition, but I am not qualified to fly say, a B-2 strategic bomber.

Sean has the skills to handle himself on the decks, yeah, but he was unfamiliar with the Rane ***6 mixer, as well as the power of the Space system, among other things. To go back to the plane analogy, he had his issues, but he 'flew' well, considering it was his first time on a large system.

Besides, if he was really horrible, Space would have asked him to let Edgar take to the decks early.

Hey, if you were at Space, why didn't you say hello? I'm easy to spot, plus my cell number was on almost every video display that evening. I would have gotten you a drink, really. I'm civilsed and urbane, my 'internet battles' stay there. Just ask geob69, I met him at Shadow (RIP), and we got along just fine.

I believe in criticism as much as the next guy, but I really think that you say what you say just to get other people angry.

Now, Beyondo, that's what they always say in the VIP. I love VIP as much as the next person, it's my favorite place to take a break in most clubs. But the level of intelligence in the VIP lounges of every venue, not just Space is around what you would find at a Sigma Alpha Epsilon keg party. Of course Space is gonna cover their butts, since the VIPs are laying out serious cash...If I was running a club, I'd do something similar to keep the rich kids placated.

Sean, don't sweat it, you did just fine considering the situation!

I'm not going to start a pissing contest with Beyondo because too much attention on this board is given over to people who are negative for the sake of being negative.

What I am going to do is post about Sean's set because I'm sure a lot of people will look at this thread.

I had the pleasure of watching Sean spin from the booth, the dancefloor, and the VIP, and I can assure everyone that he played a great set and was well received by the Space crowd, most of whom appreciate the importance of supporting local up and coming talent.

Sean's set was planned to run from 1-2 am, but was extended due to the great reaction he was getting. His job was to play a good set, but also not to overshadow the Space residents, and so he wisely chose a track selection which had high points but didn't use too many 'anthems' to catch an easy cheer.

We'll be posting a full review with photos on the site soon, so look out for that to get a feel of the night. Thanks to everyone who came down to support Sean and ourselves. We'll see you at the next one!

peace,

Nick .junkie.

p.s. There were a total of around 30 people in VIP during Sean's set, in contrast to the several hundred who were on the dancefloor. A privilege is seeing someone make a huge effort to entertain a crowd, not having a band on your wrist.

cooljunkie_logo_box.gif

Judging by the previous posts it appears this guy opened up the room for Edgar beautifully without stepping on Edgar's set. As for playing on a big system or with the Rane ***6 mixer, it comes with experience, I personally prefer that mixer, and could care less about the size of the room, I've played big, small, indoor, outdoor, great systems, shitty systems, and each room and crowd has its vibe, I never play two rooms or crowds the same, thats just me I guess. Hope to see some of you at space when I come down for Thanksgiving weekend, hopefully I can find enough work or a day job to stay down there permanently.

Peace, Love and House Music All Night Long.

BTW- did anyone hear Come On Down by Crystal Waters, with the Price is Right Sample? I would like to hear some opinions of this record, I think its campy, but would actually work in some spaces, is anyone playing it, someone must be, because its on the Billboard Dance Chart-if that means anything?

sean, i only heard half of your set, but what i heard was pretty damn good. for a first time slot in a big time club you did your part and got the action going despite the other remarks made by some(beyondo). good luck to u in the future...peace..

Originally posted by beyondo

ok all his little buddies are going to flip but ......you were a snoozer Sean.

sorry.

When i got there i thought i was in the clear and was ready to hear Edgar play when i walk in to our tables and as we were all getting ready and set i say "god Edgar is lousy today" ......only to look to my immidiate right and see Edgar there in the vip hanging out with some friends as everyone passing by was saying ..get in the booth !!!....including some Space employees and managers.

:mad:

then (im guessing its u) i see the dj walking around doing laps around space with his blue record bag as to say "hey im the dj"...next time a sign will do.

grant it you did throw in some songs that were good (like 2) but overall the dance floor from the vip looked motionless.

and pod since u looove quoting people.......i laughed when a host sat someone next to our table who were appearant first timers or tourist and said

"im sorry about the dj its some guy who won a contest our regular dj is coming up" that right there made me laugh.

but i guess the shameless self promotion on this board is over now and you had your 15 min of fame and now let the big boys take over.

looking forward to DJ Dan.;)

talk about attention gathering. this seems to be, a particular talent of yours. the fact that sean got the gig; is impressive in itself. judging from the feedback here, sean’s future looks bright.

I was driving home, cutting off drunken members of the oye crowd on I-95, and I had the same thought, just as I nearly shoved a lowered honda into the guardrail. Don't fuck with me on the road, people.

Can you do any better, Beyondo? In anything any of us do? Can you take to the decks and even get us to dance, much less impress us?

As the DJ, I'd be the first to know if I made a mistake and I made few small ones...but that's it....nothing very noticeable......overall I performed well......I did what I had to do and I am completely satisfied with my performance........the set was recorded on minidisc, so when DJFX gets that shit equalized and sounding good, I'll be hooking you all up with copies of it.....I'll call it Sean Bauzay Live at Space - The Big Snooze.

thanks to everyone who was there to support...including you beyondo.....

junkies, Pod and Bru....it was a pleasure meeting you guys and I hope to be seeing you all soon.

Mimi, Danny, did you guys catch any of my set?

Shroomy and Joey...good to see you guys!

I really appreciate the feedback and support I've gotten from all of you here.:D

besides the 10 or so clubplanet geeks nobody knew he was a "new up and coming local talent" .....they just knew ...hey what the hell is up with the music today.

now for the MOST part the Dance floor was pretty motionless and non reacting.

but again you guys dont wanna see that cuz he is ur buddy and thats fine. Im just telling you what i saw and god knows ive been to a club or two and can pick up the vibe in an instant.

pod i love ur analogys from left field always make me wonder wow this guy is a wacko. actually im going to start being reeeally nice to u cuz you have the characteristics of a unabomber or something of that nature (whew) Can u say timebomb?

i

sorry i dissapointed the clubplanet geek popualtion once again...for telling it like it is ....but hey im Beyondo its my job

;) ;)

They're not out of Leftfield. They're just over your head.

Yeah, I'll admit, I do know a little too much for many people's comfort, but if it puts you on edge, I can't say how good that makes me feel. The fact that my normal behavior irritates you provides me with good feelings this Sunday afternoon.

I act how I want, I do what I want, I say what I want to. Just because you choose to be constrained by an arbitrary set of rules society puts on you isn't my problem. It's people like you who get tossed into an unmarked grave at the end of their lives, the "CP Geeks" as you call us, will at least go out contributing something to the world.

I can't believe you aren't taking my advice though. Nobody likes you here, I'm willing to be nobody likes you in the real world. Your bedtime companion is probably the 2002 Fireman's calendar and a cucumber. At the least you should stop posting here, you're costing Clubplanet money each time you post, filling up their storage arrays with meaningless drivel. As a matter of fact, just cancel your internet service now altogether...do us all a favor, ya know? Cancel yourself, too, and do the real world a favor.

1) It speaks volumes that Space moved Sean's time slot from 11 when cooljunkie originally scheduled him to 1 to open up for Edgar. And that's simply based on what they heard off his demo submission.

2) His set was to run till 2. The FACT that he went on well past that time goes to show how pleased the staff at Space from the top all the way down felt about not only the quality of his set, but the way it was affecting the VIBE within.

3) Sean was asked to play a very particular type of set by the staff at Space. The quality of track selection, the impeccable mixing, and the level of composure he displayed on the most intense and nerve-racking night so far in his career as a DJ was top-notch.

4) I have heard Sean play countless times. He is able to adapt to any situation as a DJ from spinning head-splitting breaks to carefree laid back house to a deeply moving, patient, and slow-rise progressive set. You have no idea what he is capable of. I wonder whether you where even there???

5) For me, as it has been for the past 7 years that I have been listening to electronic music, going to a club to listen to electronic music should be an educational experience. I don't wanna go in wondering, "When am I gonna hear Rapture?" I go in hoping to be hit from all angles, to dredge out of me a variety of emotions and feelings that are uniquely my own. Sean did that. He played a set full of juxtaposition. It was taylor made for the environment, the people, the time, the sound quality! It was a DJ's DJ set....it was enlightening for the undiscerning ear...a breathe of fresh air amidst the surge of over-exposed melodies charging through trance today...It was one of the best sets I have heard in Miami in a very long time.

6) How dare you speak about vibe, Beyondo...time and time again, you poison minds with your bad vibes. "I had another dream the other day about music critics. They were small and rodent-like with padlocked ears, as if they had stepped out of a painting by Goya." - Igor Stravinsky (He was a composer, Beyondo - a pretty good one from what I hear)

We'll see what Space has to say regarding his set Friday night. You'll eat your poison, and hopefully THINK a little bit before you speak.

-FX

Originally posted by pod

Your bedtime companion is probably the 2002 Fireman's calendar and a cucumber. At the least you should stop posting here, you're costing Clubplanet money each time you post, filling up their storage arrays with meaningless drivel.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Beyondo's a dork.

Sean, I was there for about 30 min of your set, I couldn't keep still walking around and shifting from place to place. I must say that I liked what I heard and I thought you managed yourself great. Keep up the good work! :)

Just Curious,

What Tunes did Sean spin, Its a pain in the ass when you have to modify your style or track selection due to other people but you have to pay your dues to get where you are. And especially when you have alot of people who can only recognize "anthems", to get those people moving is like you have to spin Zombie Nation three times a night 3 years after its realeased. Also I know the Rane mixer is the Best but why arent other mixers' made after it , I mean how do you get practice on it when its bascially one of a kind that retails for $1500.

Think Postive :} "2 weeks till Sasha & Digweed NYC style, 4 weeks till MIA Baby"

get your facts straight........GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT

the only reason his set was pushed back was cuz they didnt want to open up the old blue room cuz there were 40 people in the god damn place and they wanted to keep everyone closed in to make it seem busier. DJ Roland was playing during this time. it was a slow night ...and we all know why.

then they were in a tight spot cuz they wanted to keep a promise to him for winning some sort of contest.

which infact was rigged cuz they wanted free promos from cooljunkie.com and all the other crap he is involved its called good PR. simple as that

and i heard several Own Space staffers say a comment about the dj and the crowd was pretty motionless.

i dont wanna make it a personal attack on this DJ but its the fact that u guys blind yourself cuz hes your buddy.

hey you know what Im really long time friends with George Acosta since he was in his late teens before Planet soul ever came around ( a while back !!) and you dont see me giving him biast comments. I pull for him with all my might for ultimate success but i dont have to "defend" him

stick with the obvious:flame:

I did not meet Sean until the night of the event. We've chatted via PMs and he's sent me a few demos, but anyone with SoundForge and Acid Pro can put together an impeccable mix. Give me a week with those tools and I'll make a comp the likes of which god has never even seen. The true test of a DJ's mettle is a live set. In other words, I barely knew him. I considered him to be a stand-up guy, but I wasn't familiar with him as a person until Friday. Upon meeting him, he was a decent person, and a little nervous about the set. You'd be too.

To reiterate, I liked his live set, and was glad it measured up to the CD. I've seen many a DJ or an act just be plain horrible live...

So I'm not only defending Sean on the basis of him being a friend, but in the fact that he genuinely pulled off something decent.

Oh, and Beyondo, please learn to spell.

Originally posted by beyondo

get your facts straight........GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT

the only reason his set was pushed back was cuz they didnt want to open up the old blue room cuz there were 40 people in the god damn place and they wanted to keep everyone closed in to make it seem busier. DJ Roland was playing during this time. it was a slow night ...and we all know why.

Ummm.....no...they changed his time slot on Thursday, before they had any idea how many people would be there and at what time they'd show...how do I know??? Because I was standing next to Sean in Space on Thursday when they gave him the news.

then they were in a tight spot cuz they wanted to keep a promise to him for winning some sort of contest.

Nooo...they weren't in any tight spot...they fulfilled their obligations to Sean and CoolJunkie by giving him his assigned slot...letting him play longer was a choice that Space made for themselves. You're talking about Space here, I really don't see themselves getting into many tight spaces. They liked what they heard and rewarded Sean for that appropriately.

i dont wanna make it a personal attack on this DJ but its the fact that u guys blind yourself cuz hes your buddy.

Noooo...Your words are just filled with such ignorance and hatred. So you don't want to make it a personal attack, huh? WELL THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! This diarrhea spewing from your mouth is hearsay. There is no question what occured in there on Friday. Why do you do this???

Sean is an honorable guy. He is modest and has a heart of gold. Why do you feel the need to drag him through the dirt like that. The boy's got skills. There's no denying it. SO unless you have something constructive, factual, or otherwise intelligible to say, then let him enjoy this moment for what it truly was...a spectacular opportunity matched by an equally splendid performance!!!

Peace,

FX

This Beyondo is an arrogant fuck! Who really should give a fuck what he says.The way I see it is,If Beyondo says something sucks then I know it's good,If he says someone's no good at what they do then they must be the best.Why pay attention to a hermaphrodite anyway,He has enough to worry about whether or not he/she will wear a dress or not.My guess is that probably has alot to do with how he picked that stupid name BEYONDO.:laugh:

I choose not to waste typing on Beyondo. But I do want to tell him this:

Who else has had anything negative to say besides you here in this thread? I haven't seen a post here yet saying, "Who the hell was that crappy DJ before Edgar?"......just you, man...as usual.....same shit courtesy of our resident dickhead beyondo. You think these guys here are telling me that I played well because they know me? Those would not actually be friends. I know that my friends would be the first to say that I fucked up and it sucked. But I didn't and I had a good set of progressive house and trance that Space doesn't get all the time. I actually played better than I usually play. I wonder why space staff would come into the dj booth to meet me to give me their business cards and tell me that I was doing a good job and that people were filling the dance floor. I wonder why Edgar would nod at me with approval everytime I would turn around to grab the next record......actually I don't wonder....I know.....and any further engagement with you on this is a waste of time and energy....which is exactly how you like us to react....

that's about all I'll be typing for you, beyondo...

This is what I spun:

Bedrock-Beautiful Strange

Timo Maas-m.a.a.s.m.e.l.l.o.w-casseopaya mix

Trancesetters-Synergy

Star-Rock Rose-ddh mix

Bedrock-Voices Pt.1

DJ Nukem vs. Chab-Forward-Piece Process mix

Yum Yum- Heavy Fluid

Tracesetters-Roaches-Peace Division remix

Mo Shic & Zidan-2 Loose La 'Track

Sean Cusick-Paraiso Obscuro

Yunus-70 Watts