Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nov 22 - Oakenfold...

Wow. good show! D:Fuse spun pretty good and oakenfold was amazing as always. First 45 min was a little to much drum'n'base but he picked up after. Seb Fontaine... Im a litle disapointed in. He usualy spins better. I thought he spun very repetitive tonite and that was kid of disapointing. Post your thoughts for the evening...

-Adam

www.omniwarp.com

OMG -- oakenfold was fuckin amazing !!! what a fuckin nice gig !!!

i have all the songs he played and they are not old accept few oldies he played like

seven cities

The prophet

urban train

im really fried right now i will post his tracklist by tonite !!!

he started with

GLAD I ATE HER

then

Paris + Sharpe - 'Aphrodite'

New Order - 'Someone Like You (Futureshock)' (White Label)

New Order - 'Someone Like You (James Holden)' (White Label)

X-Press 2- 'Smoke Macine' (Skint)

Warrior 'Voodoo (Oliver Lieb Mix)' (Incentive)

Flash - 'Day After' (White Label)

Insigma - 'Open Your Eyes' (White Label)

u2- where the st have no name !! (remix)

thats all i can think of right now !!!

2 hours of oakenfold was much better then 8 hours of s&d

whoever says oakenfold cant mix !! sounds stupid cause we saw how amazing he WAS!!!

I tripped out when a girl standing next to me was showing oakey her boobs hahaaaaaa

amazing !!!

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

Insigma - 'Open Your Eyes' (White Label)

I died happy as soon as Jan came out.....OMG :eek:

but when he dropped insigma......OMG, I could have died all over again lmao :laugh: :laugh:

A-W-E-S-O-M-E NIGHT!!! Ummmm they said I had to experience him 1st hand to see how pathetic he is....I could give 2 shits about that now.......If thats pathetic, im a loser lmao :tongue:

AAAahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I was on the screen like 6 times!!! hehe, He absolutley killed it with the towers up on there :)

:);):D

THAT SHIT WAS BANGIN!!!! I WAS RIGHT UP FRONT TO THE RIGHT IN FRONT WHERE D:FUSE SPUN NEXT TO THE SUBS AND MY EARS ARE STILL RINGIN...HE WAIVED TO ME AND MY BOY TWICE, ONCE WHILE HE WAS DIGGIN IN HIS CRATE AND ONCE RIGHT AFTER HE DROPPED A TRACK...FUCKIN SIK! ALL THE OAKIE HATERS CAN STFU IS ALL I GOTTA SAY!

SIK!

OH AND HOW BOUT ALL THE CHICAS FLASHING AND STUFF...AHAH AND THE TWO CHICS KISSED...

OH YEAH AND WHO WAS THE FIRST GUY THAT WAS SPINNIN WITH THE BALD HEAD BEFORE ANYONE REALLY GOT THERE?

Oakie was fuckin sick last night. He took me on an unforgetable journey. He is an amazing DJ, his mixing skills were amazing, he DID NOT at all play commercial sell out stuff. He started off pretty deep trancey (Very Chill), and progressed into some really intense shit.

I was right next to the 2 chicks that kissed, they werent really kissing, but it looked like it on camara. And I was right infront of the chick that flashed the camara, most people didn't see but she had her tits hanging out for like 15 min. It made me wish my girl was there with me.

I went insane when oakie's set was peaking and then "Come with me". AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

And when Flesh was performed live, I went insane too, I'm obsessed with that song, and out of every song that exists, it was that one.

We had to leave at 3 cause my friends had to make the train, so that really sucked, I was planning on staying the whole time. Fontaine was pretty good for the time i heard him. he dropped West on the 27th which was insane.

Now I'm 100% positive Oakie is amazing, anyone that says otherwise is just jealous. People say he's selling out and spinning just for the money, but last nights set proved them all wrong. The man amazed me. I felt like i was rolling even though i wasn't. There were parts where I just closed my eyes and felt the music rushing through my body, and I could see it. FUCK IT WAS JUST AWESOME.

aright im gonna go back to sleep

peace

i know u oakie fans will probably hate me for this but i thought it was absolutely horrible. what is so great about him i dont see, the system was absolutely horrible, there is some special performance by a female singer in between sets, i was like wtf, so commercial wow!! i might as well have gone to a backstreet boys concert, it felt too much like a concert and i guess thats why it sucked, and why does he spin the same songs from years ago, after the first dj is done just start spinning no flashy entrance necessary, GOD i miss twilo !!!

yes! oakey kicked the llama's ass once again... ive seen him a shitload of times and i think this was the best set yet... anyhoo

umm--yea- jan johnston is a cokehead-- did you guys notice her singing?? first of all, half of the time she wasn't singing when she was supposed to-- then, she would sing off time and messup.. nd then, her crazy jumping around (she was barefoot too!) and she stupid comments like "i feel like skydiving! but i cant cuz i'm singing flesh!" yo that was crazy, i was laughin but the poor chick made a friggin fool outta herself...

d:fuse also kicked ass massively. who was the dude before d:fuse? he dropped the remix of billy jean!! ah! i loved it!

oh, and one more thing before i shut it for the nite-- whoever the sluts were that were flashing the camera so that all could see deserve a flogging bc what they did was stupid and uncalled for and imo, it took away from what we were really there for-- THE MUSIC. but there's always a bad apple in the bunch (no matter how entertaining in this case.)

peace in the crease

-daniela-

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

Now I'm 100% positive Oakie is amazing, anyone that says otherwise is just jealous. People say he's selling out and spinning just for the money, but last nights set proved them all wrong. The man amazed me. I felt like i was rolling even though i wasn't. There were parts where I just closed my eyes and felt the music rushing through my body, and I could see it. FUCK IT WAS JUST AWESOME.

I was doing the same thing closing my eyes and just feeling it...i definately could feel it standing right next to that wall of subs up to the right. I too felt like i was rolling even though i wasn't. Another thing i did was just stop and turn around (I was all the way at the front rail) and just look at all the people in the place going insane and feeling it just like i was. Amazing. I think the best part of his set was the "when the streets have no name" mix and everyone was singing the lyrics(atleast around me they were) and at the end when it was fading out and everyone was cheering....wow.

The reason D:Fuse had tech. difficulties is cause the first time the breaker tripped or someone stepped on a wire wrong...and then the second time their was lint on the needle. Just bad luck I guess but he absolutely ripped shit.

Does anyone know who that first guy was spinning? When he dropped the billy jean remix....holy shit that was phat!

Carson

i used to love oakie a few years back, but i tihnk he just got stuck at a point and hasnt progressed if i wouldnt have heard all of his stuff then, i probably would still be the first one to go hear him, but i got a bit tired of hearing "the prophet" he's played that song every single time he's been here towards the end of his set. i mean, ok, first time i heard it i was feeelin it, but it just stops doing it for you after a while. i guess thats why i just dont feel like wasting a night to see him do the same thing and play the same tracks. plus, its annoying when a DJ thinks so highly of himself.

i remember when it was the SnD 3 year anniversary, i met sasha in Fun the night before, and he was the nicest guy in the world. not pretentious in the least. and the next night at twilo, Diggers just comes down to the bar to get a drink, and i spent a few minutes talking to him about his then upcoming Hong Kong GU. cant imagine doing that with oakie

oakenfold tracklist

1- cass and slide - glad i ate her (original mix).mp30

2- Paris + Sharpe - 'Aphrodite'

3-ID

4- New Order - 'Someone Like You (Futureshock)' (White Label)

5-New Order - 'Someone Like You (James Holden)' (White Label)

6-Flash - 'Day After' (White Label)

7-Warrior 'Voodoo (Oliver Lieb Mix)' (Incentive)

8-X-Press 2- 'Smoke Macine' (Skint)

9- Insigma - 'Open Your Eyes' (White Label)

10- cj bolland- the prophet

11- u2 - where the st have no name

12 - solar stone - seven cities

this is all songs i know i am missing like 4 songs so if u guys know then pls lets us know!!!

the last song he played was

tiesto- urban train

Great time, Oakenfeld set was very uplifting, and NYC background scene was moving.... BUT! Sound system sucked!!! Volume was waaaaaaaaay to low, I was feelin great rolling hard, just wanten to dance my ass off, but had hard time gettin really into it since volume was to low.. I was on second level mezzanine, but no excuse... For the big money everyone spent for a six hour party, they could have rented some better equiptment and really hooked that place up... Oakenfeld should have stayed out longer...

I had a great time that night. The music was off the hook. D:fuse put on a phat set, and Okie threw on some phat tracks, however Okey being my most favorite DJ, and one who i will continue to see every time he comes to NY, dissapointed me a bit:

For a person who has so much respect in the industry, all he did was change records, he did not work the tables at all. Record to record and then stood ther posing and looking at the screen. Again i enjoyed the track selection very much and it did really get me moving.

By the time Seb came on I really was not feeling it, just a bit to repetitive, I thought He was a bit better at Centro -Fly a few weeks ago....

And also one last thing "Where the streets have no name" did not sound like a remake at all. I am a very big U2 fan and I knew that was the song with in the 1st min. If he did anything, he may have added an extra beat here and there, but I don't think so...

I will do it again next year, great way to dance off the turkey.....

:cool::D:idea::monkey: :bounce::afro:

ive been to hammerstein ballroom before when i saw underworld. i believe i also saw prodigy there too. the sound was great for them..

this night.. november 22 2001 changed my mind about dance music. i enjoy oakenfolds sets.. his selections.. and ive seen him 3 times before this night in NYC.

the sound in hammerstein just a few minutes after oakie started playing was awful .. the bass was way too low and loud to be played on those speakers.. the woof of the bass was totally out of tempo.. and it was no fun to dance to.. i stayed until 10 min after seb started up. but left to get some food.

ive been to twilo, sound factory, vinyl, huge indoor raves and out door raves in cali, and ive never heard sound so polluted except in a bad college bar/dance/club. even wearing ear plugs through oakies set didnt help.. and know what bothers me the most.. when oakie took off his head phones and stood away from his monitor speakers.. he didnt even hear the puke sound that was coming out.. the sound could have been adjusted for better quality.. but not even the sound engineers would listen to what i had to say.

i dance all night when i go out.. this night.. i danced only before oakie came on stage.. then stood sort of swaying to the music.. in disbelief that such a thing could happen..

i could think of many many ways that 40 $ could have been better spent.. i was on the floor.. and every where i went.. the sound was awful.. i can not listen to that and dance and love the experience.. UNLESS I WAS ON DRUGS,,

I know this post is late..but I didnt have access to a comp for a while. I just wanted to say that I was very disappointed that night. I dont really feel Oakie anymore! System sucked, place was too packed and Oakie played everthing I thought he would...how boring! :blank: