Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who brings in the crowd? The dj or the promoter?

Guest funkysoul

It's a combination of both. If a club doesn't promote for the DJ then nobody knows about the party & doesn't show up. Even if it's a really good DJ. If noone sees any flyers or anything they sometimes aren't sure if the party is really happening so don't go.

But if the DJ sucks no matter how well you promote people won't continue to go.

IT all depends on who the DJ is and the venue. and then the Promoters do their job.

Say... Twilo , all you need to know is S&D spun at the end of every month and there are thousands of people.

Paul Van Dyk is insane, he doesnt need any promotion besides himself just being there!

Promoters do a real good job though depending on who you are.

Um...yes. ;)

Even great djs can play to empty houses if they're not promoted right. Saeed and Palash and Lee Burridge both played in Chicago to like, 50 people because the word didn't get out to the right people. But, then again, you can whisper the name Paul van Dyk and watch as people line up at a portapotty under the Brooklyn Bridge.

So, the answer is yes. :tongue:

I think it is a combo of both....If you don't have a good dj, it doesn't matter how much promoting is done.....The first thing I want to know before anything is "WHO IS THE DJ????"....

Everything else is secondary....IF the venue & dj are good, the promoter will have no trouble bringing people in....

Originally posted by fuclubkidd

so then y do people still go to EXIT.....are they deaf! lmfao:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO!!!:laugh: let's all accept the fact we will never have an answer to that time old question!!!! but on the topic...it is definitely the dj~~>but promoters..good promoters..do deserve credit!! anyone who is in this scene for the music is going to go where their fave dj's spin...etc etc. *BUT..promoters do get the word out on guest dj's and special performances...and also in some cases draw in the more main stream crowd simply looking for a good party!

i think its both but.. I have noticed that bigger clubs get a lot of people based on the dj..bigger clubs post flyers in the street, you can check their website, or they send the flyers to your house.

...smaller clubs "neeeddddd " promoters that way they can get the word out on when they have events plus if you know promoters you can get into clubs for at least 5 dollars cheaper and at a lot of small clubs be comped and after a few times at a small club maybe you will go back every once in awhile

If its not a superstar dj then the promoter has to do work!

the true promoter is someone who lives the lifestyle... many people go to the parties not because of the dj or location, but because the promoter is such a positive vibe, that they wouldnt wanna let him/her down by not going!

so... its alittle bit of both!

believe me..

Dj Raz

lifetime dj and events coordinator :-)

see u all at vinyl this friday!!! biaaatch!