Clubplanet Nightlife Community

94.9 zeta.

mikeydny

Is quite possibly the only decent radio station down here, all I listen to is house music, hating hiphop/rap more and more by the day, but I also like zeta more and more everyday.

Power 96 sucks monkey balls, they played that I'll Fly away with you song in July for the first time, and said it was exclusive, meanwhile I had it since March, horrible. Someone put this station out of its misery. :blown:

You dont have to tell us about Power 96 its awful.........

i blame them a lot for such an awful music scene here playing crap.

and Zeta is cool its basically all we have but to tell you the truth for the Major Market Miami is the rock station in other cities ive been to is much better .

i usually put on cd's of rock/ House on....or Catch Big 106 (105.9) thats a good station if you liek older rock.

The bad thing about Zeta is not it's fault...it's that all this new rock music sucks ass......you may be better off listening to BIG106 and catching Pink Floyd, Rush, or Led Zeppelin......but to hear the same Blink 182, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Incubus tracks 5 times a day......fuck that.....this is a bad era for rock music in my opinion....the last time good bands started popping up was in the early nineties with bad-ass bands such as Alice in Chains, Primus, Rage Against The Machine(which almost every band is copying now by the way), Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc......at least they made people stop listening to Skid Row and Poison that's for sure.

Zeta sucks due to the content of rock made after 1990. Rock died after Guns N Roses released Use Your Illusion I and II.

106 is decent. I'm not big into rock in general, but the older stuff is good and plus, it's the only thing my boss and I can agree on to listen to at work. Of course, when he takes a vacation, in goes Deep Dish, Robbie Rivera, or whatever I have on me :)...

Stern in the morning is a big plus. Screw Paul Castellano, he's just imitating the best.

Oh, and Power 96 sucks too :)

Meng and Pod we ALMOST agree here .....creepy.

Zeta is Ok ....could be better if you guys are in West Palm Put on the Buzz 103.1

thats what a complete rock station sounds liek they play the best of all rock new and old.

i usually skim threw zeta and hardly ever stop anymore.

Big 106 has better overall rock

and Howard Stern in the morning ruules !!

he is way ahead of that god awful Bo Griiffin on Power and wannabe Sterns on Zeta.:idea:

Originally posted by beyondo

You dont have to tell us about Power 96 its awful.........

i blame them a lot for such an awful music scene here playing crap.

and Zeta is cool its basically all we have but to tell you the truth for the Major Market Miami is the rock station in other cities ive been to is much better .

i usually put on cd's of rock/ House on....or Catch Big 106 (105.9) thats a good station if you liek older rock.

Originally posted by Meng

The bad thing about Zeta is not it's fault...it's that all this new rock music sucks ass......you may be better off listening to BIG106 and catching Pink Floyd, Rush, or Led Zeppelin......but to hear the same Blink 182, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Incubus tracks 5 times a day......fuck that.....this is a bad era for rock music in my opinion....the last time good bands started popping up was in the early nineties with bad-ass bands such as Alice in Chains, Primus, Rage Against The Machine(which almost every band is copying now by the way), Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc......at least they made people stop listening to Skid Row and Poison that's for sure.

WOW! ... agreed, is all I could say, hmmm?, I'd never thought I would agree with beyondo?. sad but true, Power 96 has alot to do with the demise in the music scene down here. an to think they have the balls to say they are the #1 dance station in america, pah!!!! yeah right, I'll spit on studio equipment ...

POD I REMEMBER WHEN HANK THE ANGRY DRUNK WARF PAST ON ......IT WAS LIKE 3 DAYS AFTER THE TERRORIST ATTACKS.

MY FAV IS BEETLEJUICE AND I LIKE HIGH PITCH ERIC.

HOWARD IS GREAT HE MAKES ME LAUGH OUT LOUD IN THE CAR ....AND THATS SAYING A LOT IF SOMETHING IS FUNNY I USUALLY GRIN OR KINDA LET A BREATH OUT ...BUT NOT PLAIN LAUGH.

HE RIPS PEOPLE LIKE I DO ........WE SAY IT LIKE WE SEE EM.

:laugh:

power 96 blows. period. end of discussion on that. wvum is right behind it too. can't stand that weak-ass station.

zeta's alright. usually when i hear some of the grunge stuff from the early 90's. can't stand the new stuff comin out. i mean...smooth criminal??? wtf is that?

IF i listen to the radio...it's usually big 106. i'm a HUGE classic rock fan b/c of my older brother. the police, FLOYD, zepp....all that.

hey have you heard Oysterhead yet? They fucking jam!!!! I highly reccommend you get that CD.....It's Stewart Copeland on drums(The Police drummer), Les Claypool on bass and vocals(Primus), and Trey Anastasio on guitar and vocals(Phish)......this album and this band is probably the best thing to happen to rock music these days......

actually i have sean. VERY good to say the least. i haven't picked up their cd tho...but I'm looking to do so in the near future. i'm a VERY big fan of copeland. to me, he's the best drummer EVER. very close to neil pert from rush, but i still like him better. copeland's been doing scores for movies ever since the police broke up. glad to see he's in another band...with great talent surronding him. guess he needed the right mix. i mean anything other than the police would be a step down in my opinion.

Phrank, HBO has a series that's been played this past week with 3 or 4 songs live from Oysterhead along with some other bands....I forgot the name of the series though....They showcase live bands......

...as far as best drummer ever.....Stewart is up there in my top 3.....Neil Peart used to be my top drummer....until I heard Carter Beuford from Dave Matthews band.....I don't think anyone is better than Carter....I've seen him live twice and also have the Dave Matthews Listener Supported DVD......Carter is in a league of his own.....whatever Neil and Stewart could do....Carter could do it playing right handed OR left handed......plus his licks are amazing....

Zeta is just your garden variety mainstream rock station - it's nothing special. I'd rather hear Big 106 myself, which in itself is a garden variety classic rock station........but it is a reflection of how much better rock was *then* as opposed to *now*..........I can listen to Floyd, Zep, Rush.......or Staind, Godsmack and Creed. This is not a tough decision. Yeah, Zeta still plays some Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and AIC which is cool.........HOWEVER they only seem to play the SAME tracks over and over again!! It's as if Pearl Jam has never released anything besides Jeremy, Even Flow, and Daughter. Hell, according to Zeta, the ONLY thing Nirvana ever released was smells like teen spirit because that's ALL they play of them!

God, its good see you young punks appreciating the classics. Floyd, Zep. The Who etc!!!

Lets add the Eagles, Stones, The Guess Who, Steve Miller, Joe Walsh, Santana, and the Dead (more for the scene than the music)

As for Oysterhead. Yes Meng, yes they jam (was the pun intended?)

I do miss Phish.. shitty albums but a great time at their shows.

Originally posted by shroomy

God, its good see you young punks appreciating the classics. Floyd, Zep. The Who etc!!!

Lets add the Eagles, Stones, The Guess Who, Steve Miller, Joe Walsh, Santana, and the Dead (more for the scene than the music)

As for Oysterhead. Yes Meng, yes they jam (was the pun intended?)

I do miss Phish.. shitty albums but a great time at their shows.

lol .. hell yeah, I actually grew up listening to the likes of Pink Floyd (my favorite all time band), Led Zep, The Police, Jimi Hendrix and whatnot. I love The Eagles and The Who, two of my all time favorites. We cant forget about Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, Creedence Clearwater Revival, David Bowie, ELO (Electric Light Orchestra), Jimmy Buffet, Alan Parson's Project, The Beatles, Foreigner, Genesis, The Pretenders, ect, ect ect which all came out with classic shit ...