Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who spins records here , and what kinda music?

I wanna for all the Dj's out there , I know all of you want to spin that one big ass party that will get ur ass known , if fucking sux man. I wanna know what kinda music do you peeps spin,

I am a big Tiesto Fan

And spin all that type of music, Thats my shit!!

just curious

Totally hear you on the party thing. I dont think my mixes sound THAT bad... kinda wish i could afford better equipment tho. I've got a sucky setup. I spin a range of stuff but it's usually dubby, latin, tribal house mixed with a splash of vocals and served on a plate of tech/prog/techno beats. I guess i just alternate between dub, vocal, deep and techno.

something like that.

I don't have that much of a setup myself.......I definately need a burner, 909, etc. However, that will come when more $$$ start rollin in.

I keep my mixes to the dubby, percussive, dark, tribal, and even harder style. I throw in vocals on occasion and mostly the vocals that I mix in are accapellas. I do love using tools though like locked in beats and I'm constantly throwing loops on top of songs. Thats it in a nut shell.

Yeah , i know , I have Technics 1200 m3d and a vestax mixer,i usually stick really to the trance, vocals are always good to get the girlies going, and u know everyone would like to sing along to the beat thats always a plus. I never really had a chance to record a cd yet but i am working on it, just need to get my ass up and do it.

i am a CD DJ hater and im an old school kid been into electroniuca since 1992 when i first heard The Orb and Aphex Twin. So as far as spinnin, i spin on Vinyl like people should spin and i play mianly...

in no paticular order depends on the mood im in and party...

progressive/uplifting trance

minimal/tribal/detroit/and electro techno

L.A. hard house (waxworks,house-o-holics type shit)

a nice lil variety of drum-n-bass

and definitely got a nice selection of french house and old skool fuckin classic tracks.

oh and btw....all these generes on VINYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so all u fuckin people talkin all this shit bout PCDJ and BPMS and fuckin Pionner CD-1000's can all fuckin eat my fuck and shit on my grave cause yer nothing more than a fuckin modern day wedding singer.

PEACE BE WITH ALL THOSE TRUE KIDS WHO EAT,SLEEP,AND SHIT VINYL FOR IT WILL FOREVER BE SETTIN STANDARDS WORLDWIDE

OOh! I do! (Just refer this post to the "where are the female DJs?!" thread)

I haven't been spinning long, so I'm not like, spectacularly wonderful yet (only moderately wonderful ;) ). I spin a lot of stuff - tech house, house, breaks, and some deep trance and progressive stuff when I'm in the mood.

Originally posted by quoth

i am a CD DJ hater and im an old school kid been into electroniuca since 1992 when i first heard The Orb and Aphex Twin. So as far as spinnin, i spin on Vinyl like people should spin and i play mianly...

in no paticular order depends on the mood im in and party...

progressive/uplifting trance

minimal/tribal/detroit/and electro techno

L.A. hard house (waxworks,house-o-holics type shit)

a nice lil variety of drum-n-bass

and definitely got a nice selection of french house and old skool fuckin classic tracks.

oh and btw....all these generes on VINYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so all u fuckin people talkin all this shit bout PCDJ and BPMS and fuckin Pionner CD-1000's can all fuckin eat my fuck and shit on my grave cause yer nothing more than a fuckin modern day wedding singer.

PEACE BE WITH ALL THOSE TRUE KIDS WHO EAT,SLEEP,AND SHIT VINYL FOR IT WILL FOREVER BE SETTIN STANDARDS WORLDWIDE

Should I bitch-slap you now or later? Am I a modern day wedding singer since I use cds? Granted, I've got my pair of Technics and a few crates of vinyl at home, but I also use cds when I play out so I can play my own mixes. Plus, not a lot of industrial gets released on wax. Most of my vinyl is old house shit that I used to play up in Boston along with a decent collection of hard breaks and some Tresor techno. But down here, there are some places that don't even have turntables (if you can imagine) so I've been burning all of my wax down to cd so I can be sure that I'll be able to play it if the club doesn't have decks.

And you wanna talk about old-skool? I was in Europe when U96 first came out with Das Boot back in '91, and I was playing tracks coming out on Tresor while you still had your Stryper poster on your bedroom door. So don't be running your mouth on how you're an old-skool CD DJ hater and blah blah blah... :laugh:

LOL j/k

But seriously, wtf are you doing with French House in your music collection? heh heh

Originally posted by heretic909

Should I bitch-slap you now or later? Am I a modern day wedding singer since I use cds? Granted, I've got my pair of Technics and a few crates of vinyl at home, but I also use cds when I play out so I can play my own mixes. Plus, not a lot of industrial gets released on wax. Most of my vinyl is old house shit that I used to play up in Boston along with a decent collection of hard breaks and some Tresor techno. But down here, there are some places that don't even have turntables (if you can imagine) so I've been burning all of my wax down to cd so I can be sure that I'll be able to play it if the club doesn't have decks.

And you wanna talk about old-skool? I was in Europe when U96 first came out with Das Boot back in '91, and I was playing tracks coming out on Tresor while you still had your Stryper poster on your bedroom door. So don't be running your mouth on how you're an old-skool CD DJ hater and blah blah blah... :laugh:

LOL j/k

But seriously, wtf are you doing with French House in your music collection? heh heh

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok yer the exception to the rule Heretic cause i think yer alright...and first...no i never listened to Stryper *asshole* and second...u know we are BOTH old skool regardless of where and when u were in europe cause of course yer older than me...and third....have u ever heard french house?? its very playable in a set..im talkin shit like motorbass,cassius,les rhytem digitale etc. its just THERE hehe in my crates. But on the upside......im a fiend for TRESOR records...and am curious of what u got and are willing to sell to Quoth.....cause shit my cousin hooked me up with a lotta new shit on tresor since he spins over there. But fuckin-a dual disc cd players SUCK!!! err...with the exception of you...everyone else can kiss my ass and fuck my billygoat. BAH!!!!

Originally posted by quoth

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok yer the exception to the rule Heretic cause i think yer alright...and first...no i never listened to Stryper *asshole* and second...u know we are BOTH old skool regardless of where and when u were in europe cause of course yer older than me...and third....have u ever heard french house?? its very playable in a set..im talkin shit like motorbass,cassius,les rhytem digitale etc. its just THERE hehe in my crates. But on the upside......im a fiend for TRESOR records...and am curious of what u got and are willing to sell to Quoth.....cause shit my cousin hooked me up with a lotta new shit on tresor since he spins over there. But fuckin-a dual disc cd players SUCK!!! err...with the exception of you...everyone else can kiss my ass and fuck my billygoat. BAH!!!!

LMAO

I knew you'd like that Stryper comment. lol

Yeah, I know you're old skool, bro. My Tresor shit is older stuff, mostly Joey Beltram, Blake Baxter, Holy Ghost, etc. I don't have the energy to actually get up right now and go look them up, but I might be willing to part with a few of them. Just let me burn them to cd first :laugh: And yeah, I have heard Cassius and LRD, and no, I'm still not a fan of French House or French-anything for that matter. heh heh

What are you doin this Friday? We got asked to come back and do our party again this week, so I'll be spinning the industrial and hardcore again. If you wanna check it out, lemme know and I'll get you in reduced.

Originally posted by heretic909

If you wanna check it out, lemme know and I'll get you in reduced.

a true friend would get me comped. hehe

but seriously, i was kinda actually thinkin bout what to do friday and i membered u spin at that place but ...

1)i think im kinda freaked out to go and be with people who will be lookin to chain me up and whip me

2)dont think they would like me cause im not into fetish shit

3)but i think i have PLENTY of black in my collection to fuckin blend in.

trust me, id really like to meet ya and fuckin hear yer shit..cause u know i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee GABBER..so if u can PM with some details on just how this place is..cause i read yer first post back when u posted where u were playin and the crowd didnt sound like me cause yo ill bust someones ass if they come up to me with some vampire shit or askin me if i want to get whipped in leather etc. FUCK THAT!!!