Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT at Space last night>>>>

bbflux

Just thought I'd let you guys know what a great time C and I had. :D I was having some issues b/w 2:30 - 3:30am because I was getting kind of tired of the overpowering and persistant DRUMMING in the Tribal tracks that Oscar G was throwing down. But I will say that he was TURNING IT OUT earlier on in the evening with a fun and fresh sound. DT, as always, was AMAZING but I do wish that he would have hit the decks a little sooner than he did. I can't tell you how happy I was to finally hear him say "hello Miami, SURPRISE!" :bounce: But that didn't happen until almost 4:00am.

Anyway, it was GREAT seeing you all again... I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :heart:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was a great evening to bad DT started so Freaking late, kinda dissapointed on that one. By the time he came on i was so tired, that i already had wasted a lot of my energy just lounging around. Sucks Getting only 3 hours of sleep the night before=(.

well it was great seeing everyone again. As to OscarG's set it was good but why did he have to go for so long when we had DT going for his marathon sets. At one point during the night i think chris was wright and Manny Denaglia was the guess not DT. Well again its was great seeing everyone again.

true,on danny coming on late,wish it wuz earlier.but his set wuz good but i wuz too tried, wish i had gotten there later,but i would have had one draw back if i showed up late,wouldn't have been able to party w/my girl (the beautiful loraine)she's probly going to kill me for posting that statement.

aye, bbflux next time your mine on the dancefloor.

and chris sorry but i tried my best, next time i'll do better.

nice seeing all the cp soliders,out in full representation.

catch y'all on the rebound.

Danny was Danny what can i say.........

e

thats why he is the king of Djs he throws down whatever he feels like (example the new order song the original retro one) and he speaks to the crowd and enlightens you with stories which is cool.

as for him going on late that adds to his mystery.....everyone shouldve known that he loooves to play in the morining and afternoon....thats his way of making sure that the "true hardcores" listen on in.

i got there around 3 am well rested but only lasted till about 11 am. the wife (who wears the pants in the fam) said ok thats enough.

But ive heard Danny through out before and he is THE KING

its funny how he ended up at Space this weekend ......he just got in his car with a Deep Dish Cd and stareted driving.......he reached Maryland and said ....."fuck it ill just go to Miami"

got to Space and said "he want me to Dj this saturday?"

:laugh:

I GOT ALL THIS INFO TALKING TO HIM AT THE PATIO WHERE HE WAS HANGING OUT FOR LIKE 3 HOURS ON FRIDAY BARELY UNNOTICED!!

THANKS DT !! SEE YA AT WMC...IF NOT SOONER

Great set by the man, the myth, the legend, Danny Tenaglia. I got so hyped when he got on the mic and annouced, SURPRISE! .. LOL ... He just got on the tables too late, 4am was way too late. Oscar had wore me down by 2:00am blasting the horn every ten min or so, which was the only downside to Oscar's set, beside's that, everything's gravvy

I had fun just hangng out with all the CP crew and my WALTER on Sat, all you guys are AWESOME!!!! I have to agree with most of yous, that I was tired by the time DT came on......SHAMEFUL!!!!!

Barb......."tribal catastrophe" nice talkin' to you girl :D

Pod........2 pm??????? WOW!!!!!!!:eek:

Loraine.........Leo is so sweet!;)

Coolassleo..........How sweet......(beautiful Loraine);)

Beyondo..........good point about the "real followers" of DT!

Stace, Chris, Laliux, Treepwood, Rene, Shroomy & Annette, Mina and Danny, and anyone else that I am guilty of leaving out.........I luv you guys........I had soooooo much fun just hangin' out with some of the coolest people I have ever met!!!!!!!

:heart: Zules

Originally posted by Nolimit

perhaps the reason for DT coming on so late was that he drove down instead of flying.

lightweights!

WRONG BOZO HE HAD BEEN HERE FOR A FEW DAYS ALREADY....SE LIKE I TALKED TO HIM ON FRIDAY NIGHT AS I SAID BEFORE HE EVEN SHOWED ME HIS TRUCK A LEXUS LAND CRUISER WITH THE NY TAG....:blown:

HE LOVES TO PLAY LATE SETS

WOW! THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS!:( PSSSSSS

I don't mind criticism, but it needs to be based on fact.....

For example THE HORN...before Danny went on I hit the horn on two songs and one of the times it was Danny who did it. (BTW: Danny hit the horn in his set more times than I ever have, but I guess it's OK when "DT" does it)

Danny wanted to go on at 4AM...he arrived at the club at 2AM and told me he wanted to hang out and listen to me for a while because he never gets a chance to hear me. He was dancing for most of that time in front of the booth and shining his flashlight at me. He enjoyed my set (but I guess his taste is different from you guys) or maybe he's just not a jaded Miami clubber who can't bring themselves to enjoy a local DJ (no matter how global that DJ is) Danny actually wanted to go on at 6AM but I told him I was as eager to listen to him as everyone else.

Another funny thing is that everyone agrees that Danny's set was great. So I guess you guys didn't notice that Danny and I switched off several times during the night. I guess as long as you think it's "DT" it sounds good.

It's very strange to me what a weird stigma there is attached to being a local DJ in this town. But it is a reality I have had to face over the past year as a resident at Space. FOR EXAMPLE: I played at Avalon in Boston this past Friday. When I played my last record people stayed and demanded an encore, here you guys can't wait for me to get off. There people came for autographs on their recently purchased "CLUB SPACE - HOUSE SESSIONS CDs", here I get no respect, no love; and that is true for dates I do the world over.

But then again I always need to remind myself that I don't play for the handful of people on this board that come to Space only when there is a big guest, I play for the couple thousand people that pack my dancefloor every week and support me as I go for my weekly 10 hour sets.

BTW: DANNY WAS AWESOME!!!

sorry forth long post, but a little venting was in order:)

your friendly neighborhood DJ,

Oscar G.

Amen Oscar you're right people don't noticed crap. Vent all you want we hear you. Keep it real and keep it up, jamming the floor away. People don't even noticed the amount of your remixes you played. Not onlyall of this goes to Oscar G. but also all the locas Edgar V., Iggy @ Liquids, Me:D and etc. Guys keep it up I'm 150% supporter of the locals.

BTW DT was great

Peace

Eddie S.

Unfortunately, Miami is kinda fucked like that......I could see what Oscar's talking about....and being a bad-ass house DJ in your hometown should be enough for Miami to show even more support........

....but please.......forget about that damn horn.......can't hear the music when it goes off.......

i will agree that there should be more support for our "locals". but not everyone has the money to going out to these clubs on a weekly basis. me being one of them. i tend to hit the clubs when a big name comes to town. i mean i've heard the locals over and over again. i just can't afford to listen to the same dj every w/e. plain and simple. so yes, i WILL go out when there's someone ELSE to hear. and that's my choice. i don't even like what most of the djs @ space play. but that's just my taste. my opinion. if you don't like it, then don't dj. you're succeptible to criticism. there are many that don't feel the same way i do. and they are the ones that are there week in...week out.

not everyone has to like what you do. that's what makes us individuals. for every person that doesn't support a local, there are 10 others that will. so just b/c that one person chooses to voice his opinion, that doesn't mean that others feel the same.

point is, just play your music and there will be a crowd dancing, feet tapping and arms waving. don't focus on the person holding up the wall.

:D

Originally posted by djoscarg

But then again I always need to remind myself that I don't play for the handful of people on this board that come to Space only when there is a big guest, I play for the couple thousand people that pack my dancefloor every week and support me as I go for my weekly 10 hour sets.

Oscar > in all due respect; I can't recall were anybody on this board, has ever shown a lack of respect for you. I think it's a normal reaction, when people know there is a guess dj. that they are eager to hear the guest dj. it's similar to, an opening act for a major band. regardless of how good you are, people want hear the main act. personally, I go for the music, and I have heard opening acts, blow the main act anyway. so go figure. my point is, the people; on this board have mad respect for you. I’ve expressed that to you on a personal level, and I believe many people have expressed that via their post.

I have said this before, and I will say it again Yourself, Edgar, and Ivanno are the heart and soul of space. without you guys, space would just be another club, with fancy lights, and good sound.

nuff said !!

Peace, Tony

Originally posted by beyondo

WRONG BOZO HE HAD BEEN HERE FOR A FEW DAYS ALREADY....SE LIKE I TALKED TO HIM ON FRIDAY NIGHT AS I SAID BEFORE HE EVEN SHOWED ME HIS TRUCK A LEXUS LAND CRUISER WITH THE NY TAG....:blown:

HE LOVES TO PLAY LATE SETS

no way!! he did???? you're the fucking man beyondo. we gotta hang next time im down. matter of fact, it's a date. me, u, & your big fat mouth on XMAS!

see u soon!

FOR EXAMPLE: I played at Avalon in Boston this past Friday. When I played my last record people stayed and demanded an encore, here you guys can't wait for me to get off.

There people came for autographs on their recently purchased "CLUB SPACE - HOUSE SESSIONS CDs", here I get no respect, no love; and that is true for dates I do the world over.

There is no way in hell we can't wait to get you off the tables !!

This was not a personal attack against you or the set, I thought it was short of fabulous!. I'm just a clubber stating my given opinion. I dont like the horn at all, I think it takes away from the muzik. I'm sure there some people who would agree, just like there will be people who would disagree. Its all a matter of taste.

Your Space cd was awesome by the way

Well for oscar G's set i personnaly loved it, and yes there where a couple of times that i thought DT went on during his set, for example when whoever it was mixed the "WELCOME TO SPACE" from Elements i thought DT had gone on for sure. And yeah another time i thought that DT was ready to go on was when i kept seeing his foglights go off i noticed them a couple of times, but it was just him playing around. Well i wish i wasn't such a wuss when it came to sleep, some people have the will to go on even if sleep deprived, i guess i'm not that good yet. And Oscar G

if u read this post i really liked this set and the one that u did last time Deep Dish was here.

...here I get no respect, no love; and that is true for dates I do the world over...

awww c'mon, Oscar.... :( Don't be upset. BTW, if you refer to the first post you'll see that I thought you were "TURNING IT OUT" earlier on in the evening. We were ALL movin' and grovin' to the sounds. The tribal thing just got excessive later on, in my opinion. It could have been you or Danny T. It wouldn't have made a difference to me.

BTW, just for the record, I didn't dance to that first track DT played and I was gone by 6:30am (I can't party like I did in my 20s anymore). So I didn't notice if you guys switched off or not. Anyway, sorry if you've taken my post the wrong way. :)

BTW, if you or anyone else could ID the beautiful vocal track you played that packed the floor at about 2:00am. I can't even remember the lyrics but what I do know is that it was the vocals that really carried the track. Beautiful.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

i don't even like what most of the djs @ space play. but that's just my taste. my opinion. if you don't like it, then don't dj. you're succeptible to criticism. there are many that don't feel the same way i do. and they are the ones that are there week in...week out.

not everyone has to like what you do. that's what makes us individuals. for every person that doesn't support a local, there are 10 others that will. so just b/c that one person chooses to voice his opinion, that doesn't mean that others feel the same.

:D

I am totally open to criticism and welcome it.....why else would I even read this board?

But I am entitled to an opinion as well as everybody else. I was just expressing my thoughts on this board like everyone else.

If you don't like it, then don't read it.

I was also just trying to shed some light on some of the issues you guys were talking about. I figure it's better to form an opinion based on facts.

IT'S ALL GOOD:)

Originally posted by bbflux

I can't tell you how happy I was to finally hear him say "hello Miami, SURPRISE!" :bounce: But that didn't happen until almost 4:00am.

bbflux, you have to remember this was a last minute "special guest" type thing. And being so (even though it is Danny) with a $20 door charge does not warrant a DT classic 16 hour set. However it is "DannY",and if he's in the mood he will play 16 hours anyway. Also this was a saturday nite for all us hard core partiers so the better parts of us are on the beach til 5 then on to space.

For me I was at billboard for the fashion tv show and to see my friend adam palmer spin in the VIP from 130-3. Then to crobar VIP to give ivano a big hug from 315 to 430 and then off to space for a very refreshing DT (and you can definitely tell when Danny is at the controls, theirs NO doubt about it).

Did you know he actually drove down from NY.

Anyway I was there till like 11:30 and didn't want to go(but had to catch a plane to philly, otherwise I would have been there to the bitter end) and he was still playing.

Personally I think he just came down to check out the new layout accoustically speaking to assist his preporation for what will undoubtably be the best WMC ever.

Danny, hat's off to ya. Wanted to come up and say hello, but Lewis told me you wouldn't even let OscarG up in the booth with ya. You know you should change your title from "The DJ's favorite DJ" to "Everybody's favorite DJ". Look forward to seeing you at conference!

peace and love

mj