Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Miami Superclub?!?!?!

festivalcre8or

Are you kidding? Miami is the MEKKA. Vegas is close second. (for different reasons) New York distant third.

Beach, friendly people, good music, good clubs, good times, GREAT WEATHER, women. What more could you ask for?

New York... such a pain in the ASS to get around. My best friend lives on Staten Island going to school. We would go out to some clubs in Manhattan and it would take us 1-2 hours to get home. Not cool.

Well my only grip with the clubs are the 21+ problems, I think some clubs should be 18+ with the rule of if your under then 21 and look like you dont belong, then your not getting in, nuff said, I mean clubs do that to people here now anyway, deny people at the door, or have more 18+ nights with a decent dj on weekends sometimes, no hiphop shit, same djs, just 18+.

Just my $0.02 :)

Well mikey i went through what you are going through i recently turned 21, and i was so bitter that i couldn't get into clubs. A month before my bday i missed digweed, and that was the time he said he would never spin @ space again. Well hopefully crobar does something about that. My point is that most of our music scene is ruled by the older crowd, like from 20 and up unfortunately being 20 you can't get in, I remember going to Mad House with my friend, and everyone there was so fucking happy to hear Zombie Nation and Sandstorms, thats what the younger crowd likes here. Well we can't blame them they haven't heard decent music, cause power 96 sucks and there is no other radio station that will spin this type of music.

In other words

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

What I would love to see at a club is a chillout room. There isn't a club in Europe that doesn't have one. Everyone needs a little less bassline every once in a while to recharge and talk.

More seating that isn't VIP would be great too.

Obviously the music matters, but your not going to please everyone so I won't even get into it.

Taking better care of the regulars who come week after week would be impressive.

One of the nicest touches I have ever seen is the fresh squeezed OJ machine at Escape in Amsterdam... now thats catering to your crowd :) (not to mention a glass was $2.50)

I'll think of more... gotta work

I would like to see more clubs that stay open past 5:00AM. There is only one club, Space, that will stay open until 3-4PM. NYC might be hard to get around but they accommodate those of us who stay out to the wee hours of the afternoon.

Well, blame Susan Lieberman for the 5 AM closing time on South Beach.

In case you didn't know, Miami Beach is a different city than Miami proper. We'll get more 24 hour joints, but not on South Beach. Miami itself, yeah, South Beach, no.

Though Miami Beach has been toying with making a 7 AM closing time a permanent thing...they'll do it for sure for New Years, and usually during conference too.

Originally posted by agbomb

I would like to see more clubs that stay open past 5:00AM. There is only one club, Space, that will stay open until 3-4PM. NYC might be hard to get around but they accommodate those of us who stay out to the wee hours of the afternoon.

There's nothing down here that even holds a candle to closing FACTORY ~>8:30 PM BABY!

Also, I find that the music is pretty bla, not enough tech for starters and for the amount of clubs that there are down here I've been pretty dissapointed with the lack of world class, international and nationaly recognanized DJ's; maybe 2-3 a weekend compared to 5-6+ every weekend in Boston, NYC, Hartford and Providence. I dont think there is enough music appreciation to bring them in, up there its ALL about track ID's and the Luz bootlegs. Ive only been here for 2 months so maybe its the off season or something but from what I have observed this sceene is suprisingly immature compared to the North East or maybe Ive just been to the wrong places...

Originally posted by pod

Depends on what you classify as recognized talent. We may not be NYC, but we can easily slaugher boston, hartford, or any other places. Heheh at least we don't have to worry about coat checks!

Hey I here DC is the shiznit too. Check out this lineup at Buzz for Dec 27:

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2001: BUZZLIFE PRODUCTIONS presents SASHA

Doors open early < set times TBA

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

SASHA

JIMMY VAN M

LEE BURRIDGE

Originally posted by fuzzybunny

There's nothing down here that even holds a candle to closing FACTORY ~>8:30 PM BABY!

Also, I find that the music is pretty bla, not enough tech for starters and for the amount of clubs that there are down here I've been pretty dissapointed with the lack of world class, international and nationaly recognanized DJ's; maybe 2-3 a weekend compared to 5-6+ every weekend in Boston, NYC, Hartford and Providence. I dont think there is enough music appreciation to bring them in, up there its ALL about track ID's and the Luz bootlegs. Ive only been here for 2 months so maybe its the off season or something but from what I have observed this sceene is suprisingly immature compared to the North East or maybe Ive just been to the wrong places...

I completely agree.

There is nothing like the Factory in Miami. Last time I went to Space, we left at 9:30AM and the crowd was dead. This weekend when I went to SF we left at 11:30AM, (I would have stayed to at least 4:00 or 5:00PM, but we had to catch a plane), there was still a line to get in and the crowd was jumpin. You cant find that anywhere that I know of in Miami.

Originally posted by shroomy

What I would love to see at a club is a chillout room. There isn't a club in Europe that doesn't have one. Everyone needs a little less bassline every once in a while to recharge and talk.

More seating that isn't VIP would be great too.

I completely agree with you...Shroomy! I think that many of the clubs in Miami are putting to much emphasis on VIP and not enough on the regulars!!! It seems like VIP areas are getting larger and larger!!!!

I think Chillout rooms would be great.....in the Miami club scene:)

You guys are comparing apples and oranges. I bet if you asked 500 people from each city where they would rather live... Miami would win hands down. Shit, you always hear about New Yorkers moving to Miami but hardly vice-versa.

Why, because winter sucks ass.

Originally posted by nightstar01

I completely agree with you...Shroomy! I think that many of the clubs in Miami are putting to much emphasis on VIP and not enough on the regulars!!! It seems like VIP areas are getting larger and larger!!!!

I think Chillout rooms would be great.....in the Miami club scene:)

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I always thought that the VIP was supposed to be hard to get into. There are several clubs in town where the VIP isn't even full and they keep adding and adding more VIP. What about the average, everyday Joe who works 8-5 and wants to spend a couple hundred bucks chilling and listening to good music? These people can't enjoy the clubs because there's no room due to OVERLYEXPANDED VIP rooms. I mean come on. What happen to large dancefloors???

Also, hey Pod. Get ready for a WMC full of Progressive Breakbeats.

Well, as long as there's enough of what I like to go around (disco house among others), I don't care if WMC has a lot of progressive breakbeats. :)

Hmm...last time I checked, Space shrunk their VIP area...crobar's are the same as they were since day one, and Level added some...so not all the clubs are expanding their VIPs...