Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is "Rapture"

miamijosh

Undoubtably the best dance song of the year. I heard it first in Ibiza in september. When I got back to miami in october they were playing it everywhere. It's just now arriving in philly. At the oakenfold concert on 11/21 they played an extended mix. The first remixes were championed jointly by tenaglia, sasha, and digweed. The ministry of sound even bought the song before it was even released.

Wanna here it. Check out the video clip.http://www.ministryofsound.com/music/tunes/features/iio/default.asp

One person quotes:iio - Rapture

I went to Ibiza. What did I hear? Rapture. I went to the festivals. Rapture. It's everywhere, and no matter how many times I am exposed to it, it still provokes the most gloriously euphoric bout of emotions. Progressive heaven with the sexiest female vocal in the world. Both the Deep Dish and John Creamer mixes arouse me, although it is the former that has me questioning my sanity. This is huge. Bigger than The Beatles in fact.

enjoy

peace

josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by StArBrYte

I just wanted to say that I just downloaded that song the other day (the creamer and k remix) and I am so obsessed with it I can't stop listening to it!

By the way hi... I'm new to the board...

:spin: :spin: :spin:

welcome and I know, it's adicting. The more you hear it, the more you love it. And yes the creamer version "in my opinion" is def the best.

peace:love:

By the way, I am just wondering if anyone can tell me more info on the song Aftermath... I heard it last night at Hunka Bunka in NJ and it was amazing- everyone went out of control when started. I want to download it but I don't know the artist, what remixes are good, etc. If anyone knows anything about it, could you please tell me? Thanks!:)

miamijosh where do you go in Jersey?

Originally posted by miamijosh

In jersey, I go to sleep and dream of my next trip to miami. There is nowhere to go in jersey. The thought of trying to compare the two is very depressing.

peace

:laugh: LMAO I'm sure Miami is on a totally different level... I've never been there but my best friend went to the wmc last year and said it was amazing... I really want to go this year. As for Jersey... it's not THAT bad! Well... okay maybe it is a little cheesy sometimes but my friends and I have the best time wherever we go! During the winter we go to Hunka Bunka... the music is really good especially on Saturday nights. :)

Originally posted by StArBrYte

:laugh: LMAO I'm sure Miami is on a totally different level... I've never been there but my best friend went to the wmc last year and said it was amazing... I really want to go this year.

wmc was amazing last year, and we're all lookin' for a repeat performance. So, don't say it, do it!! Go this year, you'll have a blast. And you'll even have me as a tour guide.

peace

mj;)

Originally posted by miamijosh

wmc was amazing last year, and we're all lookin' for a repeat performance. So, don't say it, do it!! Go this year, you'll have a blast. And you'll even have me as a tour guide.

peace

mj;)

:laugh2: LOL mj I would definitely need some guidance if I went to the wmc since I have never been there before... I am definitely gonna think about planning a trip...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! :D

Rapture has been playing since mid summer in Boston...I love the Deep Dish mix but it is getting played out big time around here..I just heard the new Armin Van Buren mix and it is nasty..def. check it out!!!Nobody is playing that mis in the clubs here in Boston!

PEACE!

Tut

Originally posted by tut

Rapture has been playing since mid summer in Boston...I love the Deep Dish mix but it is getting played out big time around here..I just heard the new Armin Van Buren mix and it is nasty..def. check it out!!!Nobody is playing that mis in the clubs here in Boston!

PEACE!

Tut

Yeah it's been around here for at least like three months but I still love it soooo much. I am definitely gonna try to get that mix you are talking about- thanks for the idea! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!!!!! That's so awesome that you replied- me and mj were getting lonely!!!! :) Anyway, Hunka Bunka is in Sayreville, NJ and it is pretty far- well like probably an hour and a half from Philly... but it is really cool on Saturday nights- a very nice place and the music is great... the people are just so friendly and the vibe is ALWAYS FUN on a Saturday night... you should check it out one day!!!! I go to Philly every now and then... but I don't go to THAT many clubs when I'm there it's usually just to chill out and relax with my friends... last time I was there we went to the aqua lounge but it was way too dark in there... I am coming up again soon and there are so many places I want to check out- like Spice to hear housemusic4evr ;) , and 32 degrees where mj went (only if I could get in... it's a little busy since it just opened!!!!!)

btw that website makes me want to go to Ibiza!!! I was looking at those pics...

Yeah the site is sweet.

is the place in jersey an hour north of philly?

i'm probably gonna try and go to philly sometime this week, and probably NYC on the weekend.

I'm such a novice in the clubbing scene. So gonna have to learn the ropes, but i hear theres this new place gasoline opened by the same peeps as transit so that might be worth checkin out

iight keep it bright

holla back

pEace

mj, people in philly now about rapture, it's been out since May, well atleast the Creamer mix and Deep Dish...all of the other mixes followed, like Riva, PVD, the best one, which is AVB mix. I have a vinyl copy of that and have been playing it where I were work since the end of Sept. By far Rapture is the song of 2001.