Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What gym do you go to?

Crunch, I believe, is more expensive. But they have a much better selection of classes than NYSC, that's what they're known for. I don't take any classes so it doesn't matter to me, but it may to you. I'm not sure about Crunch, but NYSC has a citywide membership that allows you to go to any NYSC in the five boroughs. They're all over the place, which is useful for me because i'm in different parts of the city on different days. Also, with NYSC, there is no contract to sign, it's month to month membership and you have to give 30 days notice before cancelling. I'm not sure if Crunch has the same thing. Maybe someone familiar with Crunch can help you out.

i go to crunch and i love it! you can get do one of two things for a membership. one gym only or get a passport where you can use all the gyms in the city. ( there are not as many locatioins as nysc) I also get a corporate rate so i pay 1/2 the amt of the normal fare (which i believe is $90 a month?) you'd have to check with your employer. and I never was much into classes before i joined here either, but i've tried a couple and they are fun -- i usually do the dance classes.

btw: the crunch in union square is my least favorite...walk the couple extra blocks to the one at astor place on lafayette.. its the biggest and its open 24 hours!

when i first moved here i went to different gyms in the area and they all let me try out their facilities. that may be your best bet to find where you will be most comfortable.

Originally posted by ctwarrior

I workout at NYSC in Hoboken or at 41st and 3rd.

Asianvixen, how much does the Reebok gym membership cost?

If I call recall, it's a 1200 dollar initiation fee and 188 dollars a month on a month to month basis. Sounds expensive, but since it's mostly models, actors, actresses and other wealthy people that work out there, money isn't an issue usually.

Originally posted by ReginaP

Really? That's the one I go to! I wish they were open longer though...:) When do you usually go?

Actually, I rarely go to this location. I mainly go to Hoboken. However, if I decide to workout at 41st and 3rd, I usually go around 6 pm. The front desk dude Ty seems pretty cool. I've chatted with him a couple of times. When do you go?

Originally posted by asianvixen

If I call recall, it's a 1200 dollar initiation fee and 188 dollars a month on a month to month basis. Sounds expensive, but since it's mostly models, actors, actresses and other wealthy people that work out there, money isn't an issue usually.

I've heard that this gym is amazing. There is an ok friend of mine that works out in this gym. His parents are filthy rich. He was telling me that this gym has really good facilities and you barely ever wait for machine, even during peak times.

Originally posted by ctwarrior

I workout at NYSC at 41st and 3rd.

hahahah

in 2 months when i finish my training, i will be moving into my companies office in that building, so i will prob be hitting up thsat gym quite often...see u guys there:)

lol

Originally posted by asianvixen

so and in what category do you fell in?

hehe....

peace,