Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Local-oriented" New Years?

pod

Originally posted by joeygk

Hmmm.....is Danny Howells spinnin' at Vinyl on New Years? :rolleyes:

Listen, if any of us want to know what's going on in NYC, well ask. You really don't have to taken upon yourself to enlighten us on the superior club scene up north.....we already got the memo!

did i hit a nerve or something? who said it was superior?

if u don't like what i have to say, DONT READ IT.

that simple... fewl!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nolimit

$50 is too expensive? for danny howells on nye for 12 or more hours.. HOW???

that dosent sound like a bad deal to me, however, Im not one to go out on NYE too much, I prefer to stay home with family and drink until I start to pray to the porcelain god. :drunk::puke:

before you jump to conclusions, Beyondo...which you do often. I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone club or any one DJ. But now that you have assumed I will explain. I was talking about Crobar. I'm jumping off the Ivano banwagon. I go to the Space patio now and listen to the same music he was playing a year ago. That music made that party great then. Now its OLD. I'm saying I am not going to pay $50-$75 for that. I'm not knocking any local DJs. I've worked at a lot of clubs on the beach. My closest friend are DJs...so I know music. I also know that people are sick of hearing the same shit being played at every club, every weekend. I hear it from customers that are spending big money on VIP tables. Every club is going to be having a New Years Eve party...if you are going to spend the $$$$ why not do it where you can't go hear the same DJ the following weekend for $20 or for free.

"if you are going to spend the $$$$ why not do it where you can't go hear the same DJ the following weekend for $20 or for free"

that makes all the sense in the world. it's too bad that all they have to showcase down there with the exception of dave waxman, whom plays more down there than up here, are the local talent.

i don't get it. all the clubs opening up down there every week, why the lack of talent? i complain about it up here but it's nowhere near as bad as it is down there. when i was down there for a few days, i went out to a few spots and the djs were horrid. train wreck city. and these peanut heads are getting paid $500 or more a night. why? for playing rapture, innocente, and anything that comes out on hooj or bedrock. it's too easy.

"if you are going to spend the $$$$ why not do it where you can't go hear the same DJ the following weekend for $20 or for free"

that makes all the sense in the world. it's too bad that all they have to showcase down there with the exception of dave waxman, whom plays more down there than up here, are the local talent.

i don't get it. all the clubs opening up down there every week, why the lack of talent? i complain about it up here but it's nowhere near as bad as it is down there. when i was down there for a few days, i went out to a few spots and the djs were horrid. train wreck city. and these peanut heads are getting paid $500 or more a night. why? for playing rapture, innocente, and anything that comes out on hooj or bedrock. it's too easy.

I happen to enjoy and appreciate our local talent. the lack of talent; is hardly an issue, down here. for someone who seems to, loathe the Miami scene so much; you spend an awful lot of time on the Miami board. But, whatever that 's your prerogative. I'm a bit perplexed, as to what you consider talent to be. if the "peanut heads", as you so foolishly refer to them as, are making people happy, and filling the clubs. that's all that really matters. the Miami scene; is not perfect. but, it's far from lacking talent. talent is matter of individual taste.

Nolimit

You don't know what your talking about. Personnally Id rather here thoses tunes then.

Absolutely Not, by debrah Cox.

The clubs in NY are shitholes, with crackheads everywhere you go. The resident {NY} djs are crap Peters, Boris, Draper, Tsttos, the idots at centro, Scribbles, Moody, mada, who else the list continues. Plus Ny gets no real talent to visit. and then the world renown NYC hard House is absolute shit, A monkey can Mix it and it's so boring.

Im born and raised in NY and I just got out to MIA. At least people attempt to listen to new tunes, new types of music and are into it. You can feed MOST people in NY a tune with Just Bass and they will think its the best tune they have ever heard, and its 2 years old already. I love NYC but its gone downhill, and is not gonna come back anytime soon.

Originally posted by sobeton

I happen to enjoy and appreciate our local talent. the lack of talent; is hardly an issue, down here. for someone who seems to, loathe the Miami scene so much; you spend an awful lot of time on the Miami board. But, whatever that 's your prerogative. I'm a bit perplexed, as to what you consider talent to be. if the "peanut heads", as you so foolishly refer to them as, are making people happy, and filling the clubs. that's all that really matters. the Miami scene; is not perfect. but, it's far from lacking talent. talent is matter of individual taste.

good for u tony. im glad someone appreciates it. i wasn't talking about those locals that u so adore. i was talking about the sci sci resident djs like the ones at nikki's beach, bed, and mint to be exact. go see for yourself. you'll be bored to death, i guarantee it.

as for me spending time here more than the NY forum, you're absolutely right, it is my perogative. thank u for pointing that out. what does THAT have anything to do with?

and i do call a dj a peanut head if they're up there and can't mix 2 records if he/she tried.

Originally posted by djdekan

Nolimit

You don't know what your talking about. Personnally Id rather here thoses tunes then.

Absolutely Not, by debrah Cox.

The clubs in NY are shitholes, with crackheads everywhere you go. The resident {NY} djs are crap Peters, Boris, Draper, Tsttos, the idots at centro, Scribbles, Moody, mada, who else the list continues. Plus Ny gets no real talent to visit. and then the world renown NYC hard House is absolute shit, A monkey can Mix it and it's so boring.

Im born and raised in NY and I just got out to MIA. At least people attempt to listen to new tunes, new types of music and are into it. You can feed MOST people in NY a tune with Just Bass and they will think its the best tune they have ever heard, and its 2 years old already. I love NYC but its gone downhill, and is not gonna come back anytime soon.

you're as clueless as they come. those resident djs that u mentioned are garbage. in response to NY starving for talent... are u crack or something? do u live under a rock? there's talent that comes here on a weekly basis from all over the world. lol

moving down to miami was a wise choice. u belong down there...

what new tunes, new types of music were u referring to? please, enlighten me.

you're as clueless as they come. those resident djs that u mentioned are garbage. in response to NY starving for talent... are u crack or something? do u live under a rock? there's talent that comes here on a weekly basis from all over the world. lol

moving down to miami was a wise choice. u belong down there...

what new tunes, new types of music were u referring to? please, enlighten me.

Since Twilo has closed what clubs have really been bringing in talent, Exit just brought in the Judge, and Tiesto, Acosta, and a lot more are gonna be there. What other clubs are doing this? Centro has some guests, world has scot project once a month. But Draper and Peters are the 2 popular in the city, on Friday and Saturday, and there the same old story every week. Im from NY and come up all the time and go to exit, I love it there, but the crowd does suck.

Originally posted by staceyg5

divide $50 by 12 hours of mr. howells; it's roughly $4.17/per hour

cheap for quality talent

True, true - but what can I say, I'm a cheap bastard and thus the lump sum of it all sounds like a lot. And plus, you know full well I am physically incapable of staying out in a club for 12 hours (much less 7!!), so for me that average rate skyrockets :o