Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so how much do i have to pay to put my list name in my sig :-(

Yeah, I was asked to remove my party info and reduced list from my sig. They said if I sent them the info that they would promote it for me, but that never happened. Hell, the email I got last night with the CP updates had the party info for Pseudo listed, but I didn't see shit for mine. I don't know if it's a case of having to pay to promote or not since the PM I got from one of the moderators made no mention of having to pay. Sucks, though.

mine said...

"I need you to take the flyer out of yur SIG. Read the rules in your sig box. If you want us to post and promote it email me the info at ..."

So I emailed the info but I got no response or anything. Even now when you do a club search on Flamingo East, they still have a house music party listed for Friday nights.

Hey guys. Due to everyone and their mother having lists nowadays. Promoters and owners alike of the various NY clubs have asked us to use direct listings from the clubs themselves. Due to this we have asked you to take out flyers out of your sigs and your personal lists. If you want to promote those specific events you can put the respective links into your sigs for ex.

www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/ sign up for "whatever club name"

We do this to keep the bias of Promoters hyping their parties out of the main boards unless it is a one off we are not involved in.

Heretic please resend me the email. lainie@clubplanet.com And we'll get your stuff up. Please bare with us a lot of stuff is being updated not only in NY but in the Miami and other boards not to mention everything with New Years Eve and still making it to all these parties to try to show our support for the scene. Trans I owe you a drink for not making it to LIMELIGHT I will make it some how to you Friday.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Hey guys. Due to everyone and their mother having lists nowadays. Promoters and owners alike of the various NY clubs have asked us to use direct listings from the clubs themselves. Due to this we have asked you to take out flyers out of your sigs and your personal lists. If you want to promote those specific events you can put the respective links into your sigs for ex.

www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/ sign up for "whatever club name"

We do this to keep the bias of Promoters hyping their parties out of the main boards unless it is a one off we are not involved in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's basically telling everyone here to use the clubplanet guestlists (Which I gather make money for clubplanet) so basically any sub-promoters will not make any money from people viewing the parties here. I guess clubplanet has to make money some how, but kinda rules out the impartiality of clubplanet as a message board/forum don't you think?

We can still post in the Promotions Forum right?

peace

coming from someone who

1. hates promoters

2. never use their or cp guestlists

3. has been reading this board for a long time,

I can give a non biased opinion that what is happening here is not right. there is something called freedom of speech, and people shold be able to say whatever they want in their sigs. i'm sure lots of people who are not regular posters surf to this page on weekend nights before they go out (after your lists are closed) and they see something like 'say ____ at the door' for reduced, or even times when owners of places (thanks filter 14) have given out secret words for free admitance, and it helps people out.

Originally posted by momadance

coming from someone who

1. hates promoters

2. never use their or cp guestlists

3. has been reading this board for a long time,

I can give a non biased opinion that what is happening here is not right. there is something called freedom of speech, and people shold be able to say whatever they want in their sigs. i'm sure lots of people who are not regular posters surf to this page on weekend nights before they go out (after your lists are closed) and they see something like 'say ____ at the door' for reduced, or even times when owners of places (thanks filter 14) have given out secret words for free admitance, and it helps people out.

I agree Momadance, but technically clubplanet owns the board, pays for the board I assume, so they probably do have the right to censor what they want. I think everyone here has grown accustomed to the freedom of speech and the ability to talk, speak and promote unbiasedly here, but if you think about it clubplanet as an organization (and company) is itself a promoter, so them allowing other promoters with other lists hurts their business.

Me I don't like it either, but I guess I don't have any choice really. I myself used to use clubplanet (when it was til clubnyc.com) lists a lot back in 1998/99 for guestlists, but a lot of the time their info for the parties is incorrect themselves (ironic isn't it?)

peace

Moma

I completely hear you. However because of the arrangements we have made with venues predominantly promoted on this board we are making this extremely easy for all CPer's to get the most accurate information. We are updating around the clock. FRI. and Sat. stickies go up on the board to tell you what, where, who, etc... This is not to say people can not post personalized signatures. Just that we ask them not to promote their lists or other promotional sites on the main boards. In the promotions forum that is all well and good. Thing is right now there are Too many Chef's One Pot. We are trying to give you all options and because not everyone that lists parties on our site goes to the boards and promotes it. It is in our eyes a bit unfair. So we are opting not to take sides of parties and just let you guys decide for yourselves. Post reviews all you want talk about the parties but please do not disrespect the generosity of DaVe and Clubplanet by promoting individuals instead of the party itself.

I think it is not to harsh to ask promoters this.

L

Moma

I completely hear you. However because of the arrangements we have made with venues predominantly promoted on this board we are making this extremely easy for all CPer's to get the most accurate information. We are updating around the clock. FRI. and Sat. stickies go up on the board to tell you what, where, who, etc... This is not to say people can not post personalized signatures. Just that we ask them not to promote their lists or other promotional sites on the main boards. In the promotions forum that is all well and good. Thing is right now there are Too many Chef's One Pot. We are trying to give you all options and because not everyone that lists parties on our site goes to the boards and promotes it. It is in our eyes a bit unfair. So we are opting not to take sides of parties and just let you guys decide for yourselves. Post reviews all you want talk about the parties but please do not disrespect the generosity of DaVe and Clubplanet by promoting individuals instead of the party itself.

L

You might want to remove in your signature then "VINYL. CHANGING EXITHEADS INTO HUMANS WEEKEND BY WEEKEND!!

" if we are going by what you said above.

Post reviews all you want talk about the parties but please do not disrespect the generosity of DaVe and Clubplanet by promoting individuals instead of the party itself.

L

Well I dont' think I'm an actual promoter in the traditional sense. I promote my party because I'm directly involved with it as one of the DJs, and I'm just trying to build some support for it since the scene is rather small. As far as I know, my party is the only weekly event where a person can dance to gabber/hardcore and industrial along with more traditional electronica styles such as hard house and trance. I tell people to mention my DJ name at the door not only so that they can get in for only $5, but so the door staff knows that they're there to see a specific DJ. We had problems with random people coming in off of the street and starting shit with our regulars along with trashing one of the bathrooms, so we're trying keep the people that are unsupportive of the scene out so as to provide a better experience for the people that are there to support it. Mentioning my name at the door doesn't put an extra $10 in my pocket per head that comes in as I've seen with the bigger clubs. It just lets the door staff know that you're there to support the scene and there won't be a problem since you're there to see a specific DJ.

You know what! You are completely correct my sig is Changed. Been updating all the info and haven't taken it down. All Better?

And no it does not hurt Clubplanet's business for you to promote the parties. PROMOTE THE EVENT. But not yourselves. Too many a promoter has come onto these boards and promoted solely for the reason of getting paid. Well how about we start promoting it because we love the DJ's, The room, The Vibe, The People. Save self promotion for the street. Come hear and keep people coming back because you love the party. GQ I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE ROGER to the point of no return. And I fully think that yes you have every right under the sun and freedom to promote the event. But not your particular list. That is why Tom sends us info. So that direct information comes from the house to us. As someone said no middleman. And that is so we get all the correct info from the club and organizers. And if you notice on Centro's info is has been drastically updated.

You know what! You are completely correct my sig is Changed. Been updating all the info and haven't taken it down. All Better?

And no it does not hurt Clubplanet's business for you to promote the parties. PROMOTE THE EVENT. But not yourselves. Too many a promoter has come onto these boards and promoted solely for the reason of getting paid. Well how about we start promoting it because we love the DJ's, The room, The Vibe, The People. Save self promotion for the street. Come hear and keep people coming back because you love the party. GQ I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE ROGER to the point of no return. And I fully think that yes you have every right under the sun and freedom to promote the event. But not your particular list. That is why Tom sends us info. So that direct information comes from the house to us. As someone said no middleman. And that is so we get all the correct info from the club and organizers. And if you notice on Centro's info is has been drastically updated.

Well spoken indeed! :) (I was the person who said middleman, heh).

What I meant about incorrect info wasn't actually Centro (I know its been updated.) It was some other stuff but it seems to have been updated as well.

It's all good! :D :D :D

I understand CCandy, promote the party not the person's list. I understand your position, and respect it. and you are right, everyone and their mother seams to have some sorta list to promote on their sig. the whole list sceen has gotten so whacked anyway in general what can you do besides what your doing, so right on. I just hope you will fugure out some way to allow people like heretic909 to let us know about small cool things of the like.

Peace

how much do i have to pay to see my pic in my dam sig? it like never works...

and that's messed up about the GLists...

sorry to hear that well Trancend and many of you thankfully we all know your GLists by heart. i hope that shines some light on this.

i was asked to take out the TWIRL flyer from my sig....and quiet rudely i might add by a person on the board who will remain nameless...and it even said club planet on it(the flyer that is)...and im not even a promoter, i just liked the flyer....but for this reason i rarely post on CP anymore(i have found new friends, that are unbelievably nice i might add)....i dont really wanna participate on a board that acts like 5 year old children...CP is just not the same anymore.....and on that note,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:blown:

ok, this is definitely a bit ridiculous. I mean why the fuck dont they just make separate websites completely??? register a domain name such as CPGUESTLISTS.com and CPMESSAGEBOARD.com or some shit like that so that the people lookin to get on CP gueslist just stick to themselves. I mean dont u realize that, the messageboards is a limited community?? how many people who randomly search the regualr part of this website even KNOW that there is a messageboard that exists on it? NOT MANY...cause i myself was lookin at club info back in the day and im like WTF is this messageboard shit? So its odd to me why u would want people to take that shit outta their sigs cause its only a limited number of us who see it?? and 75% of the time, people wind up not using anyone's list and just paying full price. I mean who the fuck wants to be bothered by signing up for some list..waiting for confirmation etc etc when they can just say a list name at the door and get reduced?? I mean seriously u might as well start charging a monthly rate to use this website? Being that there is no law on the internet and that it is a free domain what else other than the fact that u people wanna profit off it is the real big deal with whats in a sig??? i belive thats takin CP VERY SERIOUSLY and just cant get over this sudden move. Like all this time and shit people been puttin this and that in the sigs and no one cares...but i guess u guys realize that people are using Echostar, RealnMenace,SexxybabyD, and countless other guestlists while u people arent makin money meanwhile they are makin some. Now this is a totally unbiased opinion but shit, to me...i look at the CP messageboards and CP guestlists as 2 complete and different entities. I mean i dont get how people can curse and argue and say this and that bout one another on here and get away with it..yet something so little as guestlist info can not be shown? pretty ridiculous if u ask me. Damn, if only the internet had a Union i would fuckin be the fuckin delegate or shop steward. :laugh: sorry for the ramble people...but...just seemed a touchy subject and the funny part is..is that..i dont even have list info in my sig nor do i give a fuck bout guestlists...i dont mind paying full price to get in. I got moolah and lots of it. ;)