Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lord of the Rings

shroomy

I am going - tonight. I HOPE the theatre isn't going to be a pain in the ass........I already have tickets but still. Having to sit in the front row at Sunset Place because the stadium rows are all taken up is NOT good. I can't believe I am leaving like 50 minutes early to see a movie. The masses should just calm down and let Tolkien fanatics like myself get it out of our system! If there are little teenagers with cell phones in the house tonight, I think I am going to go over and strangle them. Hopefully, the fact that it's a school night still means something!

OK, went to see it last night.

Even with all the hype, it did not dissapoint.

Very good movie whether you have read the books or not. You realize how involved the books are as they try to fit most of the scenes into a 3 hour movie and still have to fly through some of them.

The battle scenes are insanely good.

My only grip is they never should have cast the matrix bad guy/agent as a good elf. I could only think of the matrix interigation scenes every time he was on the screne.

All in all a A+ though.

I have been too corrupted by the books - what I was looking for in this movie could not possibly exist......it would have to be 7-8 hours long to be what I was thinking of. And would probably bore the hell out of everyone who hasn't enjoyed the books.

And dare I say it, yes, there was a throng of people at Sunset Place making.........a dwarvish racket. I cannot believe that on opening night of this movie, there were ANY cell phones turned on at all....I need to see it again at the end of its run, when there isn't a bunch of assholes in the audience with ringing cell phones.