Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Wars: Space uses BBL to setup Spin

plasmajockey

None of us know if luis puig and george nunez (the owners of space) are intelligent enough to create the following scenario but we all do know they are easily ruthless enough, so let's just speculate for a few moments. Our brain trust has come up with an intriging theory concerning the " new team" that has taken over Billboardlive. Could it be possible that the ownership or management of space has assembled this so called "team" to use the BBL venue as a platform to develop a new following on the beach in preparation for the opening of their new club (Spin) which is located just a few blocks away?

All of the neccessary elements are present:

1. A desperate struggling big-name club with a huge debt that needs a second wind.

2. An inexperienced/naive ownership group at BBL who would beleive that this great team would drop great jobs and long futures with their current employers to work and most likely fail in the short term with BBL.

3. A successful powerful club moving their employees around and even inside other clubs like chess pieces. Especially one that is opening new clubs in another area where they do not yet have a foothold. And one that needs to develop a second team in the new location regardless

4 The entire team has long ang strong ties to the space owners.

5. A current base of clubbers who will continue to go space no matter what happens with current DJs or employees. (See current thread from Spacious)

6. Advantages for space include BBL financing the new team's management style and identity formation. Advance PR and legwork again on BBL's tab. Obtaining customer lists, emails, and phone numbers of BBL's current clientle. Development of new clientle lists and folllowing at BBL and shifting them to Spin upon opening. And so on and so on......

7 We are even going to stick our neck out and speculate that even Edgar V is part of this scheme and will be head resident at Spin after developing a following at BBL and his "firing" over a flyer in south america was a spoof. (Note that Edgar had offers from all over the beach but mysteriously parked himself in ft. lauderdale..... a DJ cant afford to burn local bridges)

This board has become a bit boring so we thought we could develop a new new angle for discussion.....

we would love to hear everyones insight

Only time will tell, but it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Tony leaving Sharif and the Forge

Emi leaving Space and Louis

Carlos Perez selling his business

Leo Nunez selling his restaurants

All for a club rumored to be flirting with Chapter 11

We personally know one vendor owed nearly 20 thousand dollars by BillboardLive whos going to collection and looking for other creditors to begin a forced bankruptcy proceeding.

And does anyone know if leo is related to george nunuz (the other space owner with luis)?

I THINK LEO NUNEZ IS HIS BROTHER...I KNOW GEORGE HAS A BRITHER FROM THE WARSAW DAYS WHEN I FIRST STARTED GOING OUT I THINK I REMEMBER HIM BEING PART OWNER.

ANYWAY, THIS STORY IS A BIT FAR FETCHED...I MEAN IT WOULD BE A BIGGER CONSPIRACY THAN JFK ASSASINATION OR THE SUPPOSED "OJ FRAME" OF THE WHOLE LAPD IN ON FRAMING OJ.

I MEAN ALL THIS TO TAKE PLACE SEEMS TO BE LIKE A MOVIE ...THEN AGAIN ISNT LIKE A MOVIE ALREADY????

ILL TELL YOU THIS MUCH ......TO BREAK THAT THEORY ILL BRING UP SOME POINTS TO ARGUE FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUING......

EDGAR DID GET FIRED BECAUSE OF THE FLYER INCIDENT AS SILLY AS IT MAY BE PEOPLE CLOSEST TO HIM CONFIRM THIS.

EMI LEFT OR WAS ALMOST FORCED TO LEAVE I GUESS BECUASE

1) MORE MONEY WAS THROWN AT HIM WITH OWNERSHIP SHARE OF BILLBOARD LIVE (I SUPPOSE)

LIKE IN SPORTS (PAT RILEY)

2) HE FIGURES SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN CANNED AT SPACE FROM BARTENDERS TO HIGH MANAGEMENT HE FIGURES ...HEY WHY AM I SO LUCKY???ONE DAY IT CAN BE ME WHY NOT JUMP SHIP NOW WHILE IM HOT

3) FOREVER HE HAS WANTED TO WORK ALONG SIDE HIS BROTHER TONY....IF YOU CANT TRUST YOUR OWN BROTHER YOU CANT TRUST ANYONE.....BE CAREFUL OF WHO U PUT TRUST IN REGARDLESS

4) THE NEW TEAM OF CARLOS AND CREW IS AGRESSIVE AND HAS THIER THUMB ON MIAMI NIGHTLIFE

5) MAYBE SINCE MICHAEL CAPPONI IS HEADING THE PR @ CLUB SPIN (320) EMI FIGURES HE MIGHT BE REPLACED OR WOULDNT HAVE FULL CONTROL.

AND FINALLY GO BACK TO #1 ..$$$

THOUGH YOUR SPECUALTION SEEMS VERY VERY VERY POSIBLE I WOULDNT DOUBT ITS OUT OF A SCRIPT FROM A MOB MOVIE

HERE ARE SOME HOLES

EMI HAS BEEN BANNED FROM SPACE

SPIN OPENS LIKE WITHIN A MONTH...AND A MONTH ISNT ENOUGH TIME OR WORTH THE HASSLE OF ALL THIS.

LETS KEEP ON PONDERING AND ONLY TIME WILL TELL

Beyondo ..... Its not far-fetched and happens all the time it's called corporate espionage. In the club arena one has to screen applicants and detect any moles before hiring them and giving them access to your business information.

Pod.....thanks for confirming george and leo's relationship as brothers. I'd say its pretty risky hiring the brother of the owner of one of your top competitors as far as privacy goes. Do you know if george and leo's relationship is in good standing?

what the hell is going on in Miami, did Tony really leave the Forge and did Emi really leave Space or are these just more board rumors. If they did leave where are they working, These two guys were among the handful of people that I really liked working with in Miami while I was there last year, and I can't wait to get back.

i think no matter what happens in bbl and spin, space will continue to thrive. they still have some of the best local dj's and still are the ONLY ones that offer afterhours and a 24 hr liquor license. not too many clubs can offer that. they will continue to bring in big names.

Funny you mention that because a similar tactic was used when Peter Gatien took over the palladium in the early 90's. Supposedly, steve lewis, the promo director quit in order to work at palladium. Next thing you know, he spent all of their money and when they were broke Peter came in and bought them out, but still kept steve lewis!!!

Very interesting....