Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how was vinyl last night?

how was sander klienenberg at vinyl?

i really wanted to go, but i was pretty crippled after roxy. next week i'm wearing sneakers. i mean i love my space boots, but i think i'm risking permanent damage wearing those out to clubs. i will def be at vinyl for howells

so, how was sander? what did he drop (please dont say innocente. if he did i may have to committ hari-kari :blown: )

Originally posted by crobra

He was good - :D !!

You're alive!!!!!

My review off Sander.......believe it or not I will give you a completely sober review since thats how I rolled into Vinyl last night.

Sander was incredible, but I was expecting that. His music was on the housier side, which I like. He dropped some pounding beats and was absolutely relentless. Had me dancin like a madman. Around 5:30 or so he just drops two hard breakbeat songs right in the middle of his set. The place went nuts. I was thoroughly impressed. The bouncer in back of me was like "Ohhhhh shiiiittt." Then he goes right back into house without a hitch whatsoever.

He started to get a little more trancy as the night wore on, not progressive....more like tech trancy. He started getting very uplifting and spiritual for like a half hour or so which I wasn't into and thats about when I decided I wanted to leave, then he starts dropping some insane beats and I had to stay a little longer....didn't leave till like 7 or so.

As far as songs he played, he played a couple that were on the Nubreed disk. The house he was playing were songs I know,but they aren't popular songs, more like filler songs that have a strong bassline and good groove.

Example, Drumattack.....Ashram remix

b-factor....make me cry

He didn't play any commercial hits that I heard, thean again I got there at 2 or so so he might of.

He was awesome, as usual. Great night for music.

I can't believe you didn't go!!!! the music was great...too slow for my groove when we first got there but it got faster and harder (ooh baby!) as the morning went...........first time I ever left Vinyl before the sun was up, but oh well :) he was slammin' missed ya in the circle babe :) To all my boys and girls who came and danced you rock :) muah!

Originally posted by misskittie

'tis was a good time - ahh yes, a good time indeed!

hey miss kittie, nice meeting u, i knew when i read ur calderone review that was you. I dont talk much in clubs as u can see the music puts me in a trance :). As for sanders he was pretty good im glad i went. He played a a nice mellow set (much needed after howells' onslaught) he wouldnt let me go i think i sat down for like 20 mintues the whole time i was there. The blisters on my feet now suck but it was worth it!!

sander was droppin bombs the whole nite. i wasnt really feelin porter, but when sander came on at around 2:30, i knew it was on. at around 5 he played a buncha remixed reggae tracks, which seems to be the new hot thing as i heard it on ktu late nite.

me being a newbie o this whole messageboard, i bumped into a buncha headz who i know and didnt even reazlize they were on clubplanet. party was ill overall; the vibe was ill as i met mad cool pplz the whole nite.

sander dropped:

peter bailey - u need it

he spun at least a couple of tracks of the deep dish moscow cd.

i left at 5:20

somebody let me know if he dropped the "dirty dirty, immoral" track, as i was waiting for it but didnt hear it.

Excellent set by Sander K. last night. I was feeling it more later on as he got harder and faster, on the techie-trance side..

As usual, the CP peeps represented in full (and mostly sober!) effect. I'm too exhausted to do shout outs, but you all know who you are. See you again soon :D

Coming from Boston I'm disappointed to hear that one person here didn't like Porter... anyone else have any feedback on him?

Also, when's Howells' first night of residency?? I just bought a new car and I think it needs to go on a road-trip... could anything be better than seeing the first night of Howells' residency at Vinyl?

Originally posted by brooklynkid

Excellent set by Sander K. last night. I was feeling it more later on as he got harder and faster, on the techie-trance side..

As usual, the CP peeps represented in full (and mostly sober!) effect. I'm too exhausted to do shout outs, but you all know who you are. See you again soon :D

wow!

sober cp-headz?

thats a rarity!!!!

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I could speak for a lot of us by saying a break was needed. But, it was Saturday and there ain't no way in freakin hell that I'm not going out unless I'm sick. Oh, and SK was spinnin.

Break definitely needed. Wondering if i'll ever have normal sleep patterns again...

What a great night of music.

I was throroughly impressed by Steve Porter. Not only is this kid a great producer, he's a great mixer and put together a nice set. Very groovy in the beginning, bangin' by the end. Perhaps a little too hard and fast at the end, since he was the openning DJ. That' doesn't leave much room for Sander to build, so he had to take it down a bit noticably.

But Sander really showed us what he can do when he has more than 4 hours. I felt his set built up very nicely, and the crowd loved it when he threw in those breaks. The best was when he played New Order's Blue Monday towards the end. He even joined us on the dancefloor during the encores.

Big ups to Sander! Can't wait to hear him again...

Good seein' the peeps I know. For those I don't, hope to meet you this weekend at Pappa/Cusick...

Originally posted by Raman

hey miss kittie, nice meeting u, i knew when i read ur calderone review that was you. I dont talk much in clubs as u can see the music puts me in a trance :). As for sanders he was pretty good im glad i went. He played a a nice mellow set (much needed after howells' onslaught) he wouldnt let me go i think i sat down for like 20 mintues the whole time i was there. The blisters on my feet now suck but it was worth it!!

Might this be who I think it is??? lol It was a pleasure to meet you as well. It's always nice to put a phyical being to a name. I definately had a good time but had a wayyyyyyy better time at Victor of course. Im going to be hitting Roxy Saturdays starting real soon for Peter.

When will you be in attendance at Vinyl again? Of course we will have to meet up. Hopefully, Ill be in better spirits then. :D Glad to hear you had a good time. The night was good, but its going to be hard for anyone to top that Calderone night at Vinyl for me. The vibe was just too incredible. *sigh*

much luv,

~kAt~

Originally posted by misskittie

Might this be who I think it is??? lol It was a pleasure to meet you as well. It's always nice to put a phyical being to a name. I definately had a good time but had a wayyyyyyy better time at Victor of course. Im going to be hitting Roxy Saturdays starting real soon for Peter.

When will you be in attendance at Vinyl again? Of course we will have to meet up. Hopefully, Ill be in better spirits then. :D Glad to hear you had a good time. The night was good, but its going to be hard for anyone to top that Calderone night at Vinyl for me. The vibe was just too incredible. *sigh*

much luv,

~kAt~

yeah you were going nuts fer victor i remeber that. long after most people were dead (including me) you were sitll jumping everywhere i just sat and watched u there for awhile :) . havent seen rauhofer and would want to but roxy saturdays arent for me i get hit on by enough gay guys as it is, i dunno they have a thing for me i guess. I take it as a compliment but they always want me to take off my shirt and put their hands on my chest and shit. Im always like no thanks, "not that theres anything wrong with that" haha.

i make my way to hubert st. pretty much every friday including this one (dt is always at his best when he comes home from a week away cant wait!). theres been a guido infestation as of late but theres still no place id rather be. my friends think im a crackhead when after a bar they are going to bed and i hop on the gwb hehe. the next time ill be there on a saturday will be for howells in a few weeks. lemme know when ull be there maybe we'll talk for more then 30 seconds, hopefully b4 im a sweaty stinky mess :D

Well High-d Hi!!!

I really liked Sander's set. There wasn't a ton of variety, but i was energized by the vibe and had to keep coming back to the floor to groove all night. There was a nice level of mild crowdiness on the floor too, so u could dance and move around and stuff.

Fun chillin with the sober and non-sober crews...lol. I've always been good that way.

Crobra - does u'r girl post? The two of u were great hanging with.

There was alot of variety in Sander's set. He started off nice and groovy, with his trademark soulful progressive house. He built and built and peaked with some phat breaks with reggae on top. He continued to bang it out, with sprinklings of some classics like Bizarre Love Triangle.

And nothing will beat the moment the music paused, and a vocal came on saying "the muthafuckin saga ain't over"...the crowd went NUTZ when the beat dropped right after that...

Can't wait till Sander comes back...