Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Many Board Members Spin??

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Wasting your time with cd's.......

BTW.....I don't spin, I just put a dj in front of my name to pick up chicks.

..........seriously though, I spin house::::dark, hard, tribal, techy house

for what i do, it is definitely not a waste of time...i do mobile gigs and moving a pair of 12s into my hyundai, in and out etc isnt exactly practical....and its easy to get a lot of different styles of music from AG

im not a club DJ....do enough for me

BG

ive had this debate one too many times.....i dont feel like linking it, but go to djtimes.com and read DT's latest interview where he says he spins half his set on cds....

im sure your boy JV spins cds too....

cds are respected and used by the biggest names in the industry..its only the "true undergound" that uses only vinyl....

DJing is not about what you use to play music....its about what music you create, and how people react to it....play 8tracks for all i care, if you make me wanna dance, im gonna dance!

BG

....almost! I just got started, so I still only get good mixes about half the time. :) But I'm getting a lot better, and I *love* it more than any other form of music I've ever tried (I'm a classically trained singer and violinist as well).

I spin a lot of stuff...some *deep* trance and house, some techno, some funky stuff, some breaks...anything with a really driving bass line. :grin:

I've got Gemini 1000 decks...bought em before I knew what I was doing, but they get the job done. They've got Stanton groovemaster cartridges. My mixer is a Vestax 170....I drool over it. It's a beautiful wonderful piece of equipment. :)

i got two tech 1200's, ortofon concorde dj's, numark em260(lots of people shit on this mixer, but i think its fuckin great)....yorkville 3 way 15's..eminance 15's subs...qsc amp, crown amp..gettin a new cd player..dont know which one yet though....rediculous records...rediculous ligth show.....

i do mostly mobile dj, but i spin hard trance for fun.

peace out

gianni

Originally posted by ibclubbin

ive had this debate one too many times.....i dont feel like linking it, but go to djtimes.com and read DT's latest interview where he says he spins half his set on cds....

im sure your boy JV spins cds too....

cds are respected and used by the biggest names in the industry..its only the "true undergound" that uses only vinyl....

DJing is not about what you use to play music....its about what music you create, and how people react to it....play 8tracks for all i care, if you make me wanna dance, im gonna dance!

BG

Uh.. hello.. Look at what Richie Hawtin does.. I dare anyone to Dis that man...