Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sony MDR-V700DJ

bro, sound is superb from these..actually the bass hits in them so hard that they will eventually hurt yer ears..the highs are crisp as well. um the technics headphones aint bad either...just try and look for ones that rated at 20-20,000 HZ (hertz) which is the measurement of the entire sound spectrum so that u will hear the lowest lows and the highest highs. if there is any complaints at all..its that..the trademark folding design that lets u keep them on and just slip one earcup behind yer ear when yer cueing up, it sometimes gets a little bit annoying cause depending on the size of yer head and shit u must fit them perfectly on yer ears which sometimes results in not being comfortably..but eh..its just little bullshit other than that...id say go for it..or look at technics ones cause both of them sound damn good but i own the sony's and am very happy with them. they should be like $120-30 in like sam ash or guitar center...so good luck bro. peace. -Quoth

They ain't bad- any of Sony's pro line are good units. If you dont wanna spend that much, look at the Sony 7506 they are the units that we use in radio, all of the DJ"s use them and they work great for live broadcasts in clubs. comfortable to wear for long periods, folding ear design, and all for between $80-100 depending on where you buy 'em

the 700's suck. yea they loook real cool and the acuracy might be better then the 600's butt .. the 700's WILL break! I've broken 2 sets already

if your a dj that needs a good set of headphones that wont break and you dont want to end up with tape or wire ties on your new coooooooool silver headphones - i suggest getting the 600's

for durability alone!

for you acccuracy junkies ... the 7509 is the exact same model with digital studio monitor ... THEY WONT BREAK!!!

i use the mdr 600 when im spinning and in my studio theres a few 7506's layong around here.

for dj use ... i just feel that the 600's are more comfortable, more sturdy and overall a better choice

shawn ink

Originally posted by shawnink

the 700's suck. yea they loook real cool and the acuracy might be better then the 600's butt .. the 700's WILL break! I've broken 2 sets already

i have heard a lot of people say that they break....i wonder why that is, and i wonder if maybe Sony has gotten wind of it and fixed the problem

BG

guys thanx for the feedback. i went to the 123dj.com site, they def have good prices. but i also saw some nice headphones from Stanton and Denon for like 40 bucks cheaper. the Stanton DJ Pro 2000 looks real nice, anyone have those? or should i stick with the Sony?

They look really nice, but think twice when buying them. I know so many DJs who've gone through at least two of those. They have the same complaint- it breaks very easily. The construction isn't good enough. I have the technics rp 1200, and they're really nice. Similar sound quality as the sony, but feels more durable. The earcups are smaller, but the fit is tighter, so it keeps the sound in better. they're also pretty light, and quite comfortable. I've heard good things about the Sony 7506 also. The Sony 600 is good, but not enough bass. Too much mids. If you're looking for headphones, that will last you a while, then you might think twice about buying the Sony 700s.

Originally posted by mikelac

The earcups are smaller, but the fit is tighter, so it keeps the sound in better. they're also pretty light, and quite comfortable.

same deal with the sennheisser's i have (hd-25-sp)

when i have them on i can't even hear someone talking to me in the same room (and that's Without any music going yet)

good sound..

bad construction....

i have the 900's...i just always liked the old constructed style headphones better then the new 700 style..

never heard any complaints about the sennheisers...i just find them a bit too small for me. but the sound quality is great..

hey hacker, are those sensheisers comfy on the ear? and whats the price range for those. ive seen guys like darren emerson and joey negro use those senshiesers. then again ive seen Sasha, Diggers and Tiesto use the V700. im going to compare them b4 i buy them. guys thanx for all your help

Originally posted by tribal

hey hacker, are those sensheisers comfy on the ear? and whats the price range for those. ive seen guys like darren emerson and joey negro use those senshiesers. then again ive seen Sasha, Diggers and Tiesto use the V700. im going to compare them b4 i buy them. guys thanx for all your help

yeah they're really comfy. very 'huggy'...

but Not ideal for people with larger ears... perfect for me tho.

try 'em on at Turntable Lab, which is where i picked 'em up for about a hundred bucks -- WELL worth it...

turntable lab is on 120 east 7th street between 1st ave and ave a.

buncha really friendly guys who love their gear.

(they only carry what they themselves would use.)

map, directions, and hours:

http://turntablelab.com/index-newfront/store.html

they have the sony's too so you can comparison shop.