Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Johnny Vicious = Tony Draper

Checked out the Roxy and Vicious Fri night and was very dissapointed. His track selection and mixing was terrible. Got there around 2:45 and he dropped some shitty ass SF tracks, then went straight into Rapture around 3:15. I understand if he was "playing to the crowd" cause it was the cheesiest/youngest crowd I have ever sceen. But c'mon, I expected much more. Thank god we left and went to Vinyl so I could dance to some real music...:smoke:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I KINDA AGREE IN A WAY... THE MUSIC IS SIMILAR BUT THE SKILLS ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT... I PERSONALLY DONT ENJOY THE TRACKS HE PLAYS A LOT CAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF EXIT... VICIOUS IS CAPABLE OF SHOWING US MORE. HE HAS TALENT UNLIKE DRAPER WHO I FEEL JUST THROWS ON TRACK AFTER TRACK. IMO MAYBE HE WILL START SHOWING US DIFFERENT SHIT:D

Originally posted by nyc420

Thank god we left and went to Vinyl so I could dance to some real music...:smoke:

Lmao...going to stay away from this thread

::so much to say but, nahhhhhhh::

What I will say is that I saw u at both places and both times i missed you :(

well Johnny has proved himself time and again to be a true player in the NYC music scene. I wouldn't count him short. I couldn't make it to Roxy but i wouldn't call him Tony Draper by any means. He's been around forever and he's earned a lot of respect (mine included) by playing a good, energetic style of house. it varies from place to place, but hey. Respect is due.

Him and Danny are two very different and very talented DJ's. As Danny might say, you shouldn't be so quick to criticize someone simply because their style differs from your tastes.

Vinyl and it's atmosphere represent an open-minded and level headed approach to coming together and sharing good times. That approach should go beyond the dancefloors at Vinyl too. Give Johnny a chance. The man has esablished enough of himself to have a lot of respect even though not everyone might like his style.

Originally posted by cintron

well Johnny has proved himself time and again to be a true player in the NYC music scene. I wouldn't count him short. I couldn't make it to Roxy but i wouldn't call him Tony Draper by any means. He's been around forever and he's earned a lot of respect (mine included) by playing a good, energetic style of house. it varies from place to place, but hey. Respect is due.

Him and Danny are two very different and very talented DJ's. As Danny might say, you shouldn't be so quick to criticize someone simply because their style differs from your tastes.

Vinyl and it's atmosphere represent an open-minded and level headed approach to coming together and sharing good times. That approach should go beyond the dancefloors at Vinyl too. Give Johnny a chance. The man has esablished enough of himself to have a lot of respect even though not everyone might like his style.

bravo, bravo

Originally posted by clubkat

Lmao...going to stay away from this thread

::so much to say but, nahhhhhhh::

What I will say is that I saw u at both places and both times i missed you :(

SUP, I WENT TO GO FIND YOU WHEN I FOUND MOONIE... WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO? YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HER, SHE WAS SO CUTE

johnny vicious is by far my fav dj casue it was his beats that got me into this scene but i gotta agree with steve on this one....same damn songs week after week....come on wheres the vicios trance sound that is sooooooo needed this fri or i think its gonna be a total washup.......when he had that sick asss intro i thought shit was on but i was wrong......went to vinyl at 4 or 4:30 and had a blast the beats were just ridiculous

looks like we got our first roxy hater. what alot of people don't get is. roxy is just one room of house and progressive. not like exit or limelight or other clubs where you have many rooms to move around in. this way you hear differnt songs. yea johnny played some of the same songs, but they are hot now and they still get the crowd going nutts. what about the songs he has been bringing back. "blow the speakers" and "play it loud" i think johnny was hot this week. and can't wait to see what derb has for us.

Jack Z.

All because JV doesn't spin the kind of music DT spins... doesn't mean he's not good. He's my favorite DJ. His music got me into the scene and his music is what's keepin me here. You know I'm not too big of a fan of DT. I never said he sucks, I never said his track selection is terrible. I'm just not a big fan of deep house/tribal beats. I'm more into a track selection that JV would dish out... The only thing I think is missing that JV hasn't brought to Roxy yet is the Vicious trance that MSOPRANO is talking about. I hope Vicious never changes his style. I know me and A LOT of other people that love his music.

Originally posted by jackzelvrp

looks like we got our first roxy hater. what alot of people don't get is. roxy is just one room of house and progressive. not like exit or limelight or other clubs where you have many rooms to move around in. this way you hear differnt songs. yea johnny played some of the same songs, but they are hot now and they still get the crowd going nutts. what about the songs he has been bringing back. "blow the speakers" and "play it loud" i think johnny was hot this week. and can't wait to see what derb has for us.

Jack Z.

na bro youre so off....when he used to do sf and tunnel he used to tear those places apart.....jv gets exclusives that others dont...im still waiting to hear them....hes way off from his sound.....when he did sf in august he spun for about 7 hours and just unleashed....had breaks, tribal all the good shit working....well see....i think this is the week that makes or breaks him.....

you do have a point there, but when he did factory, it was once a month. and maybe he is going after a differnt crowd at roxy. so far so good. packed every week. but it would be good if he did spinn his trance sets like in the past.

Z

we shall soon see...i give him one more chance....if he dissapoints this week he is gonna be done.....u cant play the same records week after week....if that was the case ill go see draper....the peeps on the board who go there are his true and loyal fans...were the ones that begged for a residency so he got it and i feel he is coming to the crossroads this week.....yo make sure u come to the meetup bro....

i understand where your comming from. i love all the music. they are also doing more theme partys so that could be another reason why johnny don't come on till 2-3. when he was at factory, there was no theme, just johnny. hmm that wouldn't be a bad idea for a night at the roxy. call it " One Night-One Club-One DJ" and just johnny. doubt they would do it though.

Z

let me know where the meet up is, i met roninmess last week on the stage. just for a min. though.

Originally posted by nyc420

Checked out the Roxy and Vicious Fri night and was very dissapointed. His track selection and mixing was terrible. Got there around 2:45 and he dropped some shitty ass SF tracks, then went straight into Rapture around 3:15. I understand if he was "playing to the crowd" cause it was the cheesiest/youngest crowd I have ever sceen. But c'mon, I expected much more. Thank god we left and went to Vinyl so I could dance to some real music...:smoke:

lol. :laugh:

Originally posted by msoprano13

we shall soon see...i give him one more chance....if he dissapoints this week he is gonna be done.....u cant play the same records week after week....if that was the case ill go see draper....the peeps on the board who go there are his true and loyal fans...were the ones that begged for a residency so he got it and i feel he is coming to the crossroads this week.....yo make sure u come to the meetup bro....

LOL you looooooove Draper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hey everyone i just got word from scott aguiar that all girls are free this week. i gave him an idea of a theme night and he had suttin to do with girls for free. and what do ya know he hits me up with an email back that all girls are free. not sure till just 12 yet. i will talk to him at the meeting. i am sure some of ya will find out too. i don't want to put a main post yet untill everything is confirmed.

Z

hey everyone i just got word from scott aguiar that all girls are free this week. i gave him an idea of a theme night and he had suttin to do with girls for free. and what do ya know he hits me up with an email back that all girls are free. not sure till just 12 yet. i will talk to him at the meeting. i am sure some of ya will find out too. i don't want to put a main post yet untill everything is confirmed.

Z

someone already put a main post earlier today i think it was...