Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dance Community Mourns it's lost Brother. R.I.P. MARIO ALAYON

I don't even know where to begin.

I guess I could start with the very first time I called a label to ask for product years ago and Got this crazy, vivacious, guy Saying OK DIVA BABY WHAT YOU NEED???

Mario friend, colleague, brother, and at times just the reason you smiled in a day, my friend you taught me so much and I love you and will always miss you and everything about you.

You're love of music and our community shined through ever day. From when you where at Jellybean to when you made the move to Strictly you always had time for me, eddie, jackie, johnny everyone to lend a ear, give advice or just say the exact thing I needed to hear that moment.

May god keep you my friend, my teacher. God rest your soul.

We love you.

prayer33.jpg

\Industry veteran MARIO ALAYON passed from this life on Friday, January 11, 2002 at 2:15AM after a brief illness. He was surrounded by his longtime friend and roommate, Marc Katz, and a bevy of friends.

Mario's career in the music industry spanned a quarter of century during which he worked for Warner Brothers, Quality Records in Miami, and owned his own promotion company before moving to New York City in 1996. During his tenure at Jellybean Records and for the past year at Strictly Rhythm/Groovilicious, Mario earned the honor of "Promoter Of The Year," 3 years running.

Known affectionately to most as the "Little Diva", he had a knack for making everyone laugh with his outgoing personality and hilarious antics. Rarely was he found alone as he was the type of person people wanted to be around. Mario's beautiful smile will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved him.

I didn't know Mario well, but I did have the opportunity to speak with him from time to time and I know he was a (very animated) sweetheart, as well as being a top-notch record promoter. I know he will surely be missed by many. My condolences to you, and to his friends and family.

We've lost another friend. :(:(

Originally posted by victor dinaire

Dance music lost a very special person

he will be missed

very sad

hey. i saw you spin at Leopard Lounge I believe it was on Friday the 4th. Nice set man. I don't know if you remember, I was talking to this cute girl in front of the turntables, she had this shirt that was open on the shoulder on one side.

Originally posted by mysterynyc

hey. i saw you spin at Leopard Lounge I believe it was on Friday the 4th. Nice set man. I don't know if you remember, I was talking to this cute girl in front of the turntables, she had this shirt that was open on the shoulder on one side.

hey whats up man!!

i think i remember!

see u soon bro

Originally posted by victor dinaire

i think the 1st fri in feb

if not the 2nd fri for sure!

cool...im there. by the way, any job openings at your label. i have previous experience in licensing and royalties...use to work for EZCD.com/Volatile Media...doesnt exist anymore.

i actually have an interview with JuniorVasquezMusic.com...but its an unpaid internship i think. not exactly my style of music anymore, but its a foot in the door you know.