Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mike Macaluso......

tyco

for all who haven't heard him spin........get out and hear him next time he comes around.......

heard him at Platinum in Jersey last night and he completely blew the roof off.......

just wanted to put that out cause I know he is one of the most underrated DJs in NY........he's comfortably one of the best here.:D

Mike Is A Verry Good DJ - Plays Mostly Tech-House, Every Party We Promoted With Him - HE KICKED A%* And Yes I Also Think He Should Be With Johnny @ The ROXY. I Personaly Know Them Both And Know They Are Very Good Friends Working Together Will Be No Prob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by nitelifeent

Mike Is A Verry Good DJ - Plays Mostly Tech-House, Every Party We Promoted With Him - HE KICKED A%* And Yes I Also Think He Should Be With Johnny @ The ROXY. I Personaly Know Them Both And Know They Are Very Good Friends Working Together Will Be No Prob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly....if that were to happen, it would be a sick ass night....:)

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Hey Mystery it's called personal preference. Try opening up that narrow mind ok. I love DT, MORILLO, SANCHEZ, but I ALSO LOVE, ROB GEE, VICIOUS, SAX, MACALUSO, BAEZ, CHRISTIE too many to name.

Expand brother expand.

trust me.ive been expanding since 1994,when i first got into dance music. just doesnt seem like vicious and all those other guys are expanding anywhere. their sound is old and cheesy.

has nothing to do with narrow mind.

I gotta agree with mysterynyc! All those DJs he mentioned play cheesey music. I may be going a little extreme here but the music they play is almost analagous to what bubble gum pop is today. I've talked to those kids who go to Roxy and Exit and they're very uneducated about electronic music. They've never even heard of Paul van Dyk! It seems the mainstream club scene in NYC is just all about hoppin on the bandwagon. To me that's narrowminded! Another thing...whatever DJ spins anything from Digital Allies, particularly "Without You," does not know real electronic music. The song is a cheap imitation of trance, and the guy can't sing...he's terrible!

Originally posted by mikelac

It seems the mainstream club scene in NYC is just all about hoppin on the bandwagon. To me that's narrowminded!

No ones going to argue with you on that fact. Thats why its called mainstream. But I think its even more narrowminded to sterotype a whole scene just based on talking to a few people. I go to Roxy and Johnny Vicious is one of my favorite dj's. But I also listen to guys like Carl Cox, PVD, Seb Fontaine, Digweed, Max Graham, and plenty of others. And I'm pretty sure that a good majority of people on this board know their shit when it comes to music. So if you dont like JV or Mike Mac or any of the other nyc dj's then thats fine. Just dont stereotype the people that do like them. I'm sure you would be surprised by some of the different styles of music that these people listen to. I for one was and still am......

mysterynyc

whats makes u think we dont know the music !!!

ah i listen to howells , deep dish , lee burridge , jimmy van M , sasha , diggers , steve porter , Hernan Cattaneo ,Satoshi Tomie,

Lexicon Avenue, John Graham (Quivver), Rowan Blades (Breeder),

John Creamer, Brancaccio & Aisher, Luke Brancaccio, Anthony Pappa, DT, Moshic & Zidan, Cass, steve lawler

ALL THE TIME BRO!!!

so stop claiming u only have taste !!!

Originally posted by mysterynyc

i think no one on clubplanet knows a damn thing about music.

JV...TD...JP.....that's not music

Danny howells...Lucien Foort....Sander Kleinenberg...Erick Morillo....Nick Warren...16B....Halo Varga

now's THAT'S music

okay shithead the post was about Macaluso so why did you go and sidetrack it........if you haven't heard him spin, then keep your mouth shut........I agree with you that those DJs you mentioned are fabulous DJs and I myself am a bigger fan of international DJs in general........but I wasn't at all making a comparison and god knows why you are trying to........probably because you're one of those people who think you know everything about music because they own a few GU cds and went to Twilo........many of us do th same but that really has nothing to do with this thread........for the record, Macaluso doesn't spin an ounce of "cheese" and even if he did, your post still would not find a way to belong here........like I said, the DJs you mentioned are some of my favs also but get something straight, just because a DJ is not a world-class DJ or isn't international, doesn't mean they can't hang with the rest of 'em and it doesn't make you "cool" to boast that you listen to those that are.......sorry, but you're coming across as a music snob and there is nothing worse than that in this scene........wake up.

ummmmmmm hmmmmm JOHNNY VICIOUS is a international DJ. It's called alternating you style to the crowd.

He has toured around the world is revered in Japan and will be reeasing his Second MINISTRY OF SOUND compilation in 2 weeks. Not to mention has played at raves and clubs with some of the sickest DJs in the world. So where you saying again?:confused:

Originally posted by tyco

okay shithead the post was about Macaluso so why did you go and sidetrack it........if you haven't heard him spin, then keep your mouth shut........I agree with you that those DJs you mentioned are fabulous DJs and I myself am a bigger fan of international DJs in general........but I wasn't at all making a comparison and god knows why you are trying to........probably because you're one of those people who think you know everything about music because they own a few GU cds and went to Twilo........many of us do th same but that really has nothing to do with this thread........for the record, Macaluso doesn't spin an ounce of "cheese" and even if he did, your post still would not find a way to belong here........like I said, the DJs you mentioned are some of my favs also but get something straight, just because a DJ is not a world-class DJ or isn't international, doesn't mean they can't hang with the rest of 'em and it doesn't make you "cool" to boast that you listen to those that are.......sorry, but you're coming across as a music snob and there is nothing worse than that in this scene........wake up.

:laugh: :laugh: damn give it it to him...

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

ummmmmmm hmmmmm JOHNNY VICIOUS is a international DJ. It's called alternating you style to the crowd.

He has toured around the world is revered in Japan and will be reeasing his Second MINISTRY OF SOUND compilation in 2 weeks. Not to mention has played at raves and clubs with some of the sickest DJs in the world. So where you saying again?:confused:

I don't know if you're talking to me but when I say "international" I mean he is not from this country........

while we're on it though, I don't believe in alternating your style to the crowd........if you constantly do that as a DJ, then you have no style defining yourself other than what everyone else wants to hear......if a DJ comes out with a compilation and it's tribal house I don't expect to go out and hear him and he is playing all vocal house because there are a lot of girls in the clubs.......that's bullshit.......I'm not directing this toward Johnny because I haven't heard him at Roxy yet, just speaking in general.

Originally posted by tyco

ok first of all you don't know me to be talking to me this way.secondly, i wasn't knocking this guy Macaluso. I've never heard him spin so I cant say anything. I've been listening to dance music since 1993...and it just seems like people in NYC are only now getting into the whole dance music scene and listening to it, and they are just way behind.thats all i meant. the stuff or TYPE of stuff i use to listen to when i was like 13 or 14, is what people are dancing to at roxy or exit or soundfactory. there's nothing interesting or intelligent about this music.

I cant stand the people who say "omg, how can you listen to music without vocals?". It's called opening your ears and your mind to something new, and progressive. I dont mean progressive in the "john digweed" sense. I mean progressive in the sense that the music is constantly changing and yet getting back to its original roots.intricate rhythms,dubby sounds,tech,funkyness.yes.... I AM one of those people who owns a few GU cds...your right, but I also own shit that you havent even begun to touch or hear of.

I was listening to DJ Tiesto Magik compilations before the people on this board "suddenly discovered" him at Exit lol. it has nothing to do with world class or international my friend. it has to do with what they spin.

i know plenty of UK and Dutch DJs who suck. Example: Fergie.BUT IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT JONNY VICIOUS and all those other guys SPIN MUSIC that sounds like bees buzzing in a can.

im sorry...maybe it sounds like im a musical snob...maybe its because ive been listening to this stuff since i was like 13 or 14 and im musically spoiled, and this country is WAY BEHIND in dance music.

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

mysterynyc

ah i listen to howells , deep dish , lee burridge , jimmy van M , sasha , diggers , steve porter , Hernan Cattaneo ,Satoshi Tomie,

John Creamer, Brancaccio & Aisher, Luke Brancaccio, Anthony Pappa, DT, Moshic & Zidan, Cass, steve lawler

ALL THE TIME BRO!!!

it's called negative reinforcement my friend. I make this comment for this exact reason, so that people who DO listen to good stuff will prove me wrong about the clubplanet messageboard.

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

mysterynyc

ALL THE TIME BRO!!!

u forgot about Omid '16B' Nourizadeh

Guy save it.......you act like your some musical wiz or something. So your telling me Brooklyn's own Danny Tenaglia is way behind, how about Roger Sanchez or Erick Morillo.....Tony Humphries, Morales....even Junior......these guys are all from around here...people fein for them internationally but the U.S. is way behind...:laugh::rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes:

ok first of all you don't know me to be talking to me this way.secondly, i wasn't knocking this guy Macaluso. I've never heard him spin so I cant say anything

dont be fooled by The Final Chapter....MM is nothing but pounding tech house....technically, the man was on point with every transition (as i always listen) and his track selection was impeccable....

he was the first DJ @ Platinum that had everyone dancing until the minute the clubs close, and that list includes your very own JV, who killed the mood of the night by dropping an undanceable trance track for the last 5 min of the night....

my advice to anyone who has the chance, go see Macaluso...not only is he an incredible DJ, he is one of the nicest people i have ever met...as i have talked to him on numerous occassions about recording, producing and the ins and out of the buisness....

BG

Originally posted by cesarleo

Guy save it.......you act like your some musical wiz or something. So your telling me Brooklyn's own Danny Tenaglia is way behind, how about Roger Sanchez or Erick Morillo.....Tony Humphries, Morales....even Junior......these guys are all from around here...people fein for them internationally but the U.S. is way behind...:laugh::rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes:

what i mean by US is way behind is...NOT THE US DJ'S...cuz the guys u just mentioned are amazing. im talking about the PUBLIC. the radio stations, the people, the music channels. its just sad.

ok first of all you don't know me to be talking to me this way.secondly, i wasn't knocking this guy Macaluso. I've never heard him spin so I cant say anything. I've been listening to dance music since 1993...and it just seems like people in NYC are only now getting into the whole dance music scene and listening to it, and they are just way behind.thats all i meant. the stuff or TYPE of stuff i use to listen to when i was like 13 or 14, is what people are dancing to at roxy or exit or soundfactory. there's nothing interesting or intelligent about this music.

I cant stand the people who say "omg, how can you listen to music without vocals?". It's called opening your ears and your mind to something new, and progressive. I dont mean progressive in the "john digweed" sense. I mean progressive in the sense that the music is constantly changing and yet getting back to its original roots.intricate rhythms,dubby sounds,tech,funkyness.yes.... I AM one of those people who owns a few GU cds...your right, but I also own shit that you havent even begun to touch or hear of.

I was listening to DJ Tiesto Magik compilations before the people on this board "suddenly discovered" him at Exit lol. it has nothing to do with world class or international my friend. it has to do with what they spin.

i know plenty of UK and Dutch DJs who suck. Example: Fergie.BUT IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT JONNY VICIOUS and all those other guys SPIN MUSIC that sounds like bees buzzing in a can.

im sorry...maybe it sounds like im a musical snob...maybe its because ive been listening to this stuff since i was like 13 or 14 and im musically spoiled, and this country is WAY BEHIND in dance music.

hmmmm.......you "own shit that I havent even begun to touch or hear of" that could be true, but I wouldn't count on it.......how could you make such a statement when you don't know who you're talking to? be careful with what you say.

you didn't need to explain yourself either, I knew exactly what you're talking about when you said it initially......just to make it clear, I'm not some newbie here I've been on this board longer than you have and I've been listening to the same music as you for a long time as well.......I'm not trying to compete, I can care less but just be aware that even though many people seem "uneducated" to you on this board, not everyone is......with that said, you should refrain from trying to talk down to other people because you really have no right to be.......and I wouldn't take this board as a full representation of people's music knowledg in NY......if you want, I can direct you to other forums where there are people posting who I'm sure surpass you in music knowledge and you will not have to explain the state of NYs music scene, as you really didn't have to to me........trust me, I know what you're saying and I agree.......but that is something I was bitching about years ago and realized there's no point because everyone likes different sounds and you should just concentrate on what you like and stop trying to be elitist because you listened to certain DJs first.......and while I'm at it, we all know you weren't born listening to Sasha sets or Sander K remixes.......you started somewhere just as many in NY are now........so when you were musically stupid at age 13, do you think you would appreciate someone like yourself talking down to them with an attitude of superiority? Yea, we in the states are behind the UK and such but it's growing fast here and the snob atttitude you have about it is unacceptable.......it's fine to diplay how many international DJs and producers you know of but why not do it positively so others would want to be turned on to it?