Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I see no reason why the Roxy party is actually at the Roxy.....

gravity

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by doubtness

'Cause most of the bars/clubs in jersey closes out around 4-5am, and they suck!

hey i don't know about staten island or long island clubs, but most clubs in jersey close at 2am. and for people like me, i like to stay out till 6-7am. i don't get ready till 11. so laugh at me cause i am from jersey but new york city clubs will always be for me. soon i plan to move to the city.

Z

Originally posted by karch

I hate to say this to you. BUt if it wasn't for the B&T crowd. There would be no clubs in NYC. Cause we make up most of the crowd in NYC clubs. And without us....clubs in Manhattan wouldn't be making the money they would be now. So be thankful for us, we keep the clubs running in NYC.

What would I care if every single club in the city that was geared towards the B&T crowd closed?

Originally posted by jackzelvrp

hey i don't know about staten island or long island clubs, but most clubs in jersey close at 2am. and for people like me, i like to stay out till 6-7am. i don't get ready till 11. so laugh at me cause i am from jersey but new york city clubs will always be for me. soon i plan to move to the city.

Z

EXACTLY!

arent we all b&t though??? i mean if youre in brooklyn,queens the bronx or S.I. you gotta take the bridge to get to tha city or the subway or by a mule or sometype of transportation you just cant swim accros the river!!! and besides not taking anything away from the nyc girls (cause there are nothing better than girls in nyc, we got em all!!) but nj girls are hot too. and its not about being cool to come to tha city , its about listening to one of the best DJ's around, being in an atmosphere filled with beautiful people, enjoying the alcohol and partying till you faint and you wake up the next morning and cant remember how you got home but you know you had one hell of a good f***cking time at THE ROXY...It's about beign F***ing sexy baby yeeeaah!!!!!

...DON...;)

Originally posted by ReginaP

Oh man Gary you must've felt that I needed a laugh very very badly today. :heart:

BTW...wtf were you on Friday?! :tongue:

I was at Roxy. :rolleyes: No, seriously, plans changed last minute...ended up going for drinks at Kanvas and then went to GO...never went below 14th... However, I really do plan to go this week. How was it...guess I don't really need to ask.

Like someone said.

The clubs in jersey closes mad early, the music sucks, and i don't want to go home early! If the B&T crowd choses to go to Manhatten for a fun and exciting night-life, who is there to stop them from doing so? I say let them have their fun..

Originally posted by doubtness

If the B&T crowd choses to go to Manhatten for a fun and exciting night-life, who is there to stop them from doing so?

should be the same people that are there to stop the terrorists from coming into the city.

Originally posted by karch

I hate to say this to you. BUt if it wasn't for the B&T crowd. There would be no clubs in NYC. Cause we make up most of the crowd in NYC clubs. And without us....clubs in Manhattan wouldn't be making the money they would be now. So be thankful for us, we keep the clubs running in NYC.

sorry hun this isnt true...many of brooklynites and queens and what ever other borough and LI and westchester come to the clubs. I mean maybe you keep it open cause you jersey kids are dumb enough to spend all your money there:rolleyes: But no clubs being in the city b/c of you jerze peeps not being there is wrong. NYC would still be strong, alive and kicking:tongue:

Originally posted by fierydesire

sorry hun this isnt true...many of brooklynites and queens and what ever other borough and LI and westchester come to the clubs. I mean maybe you keep it open cause you jersey kids are dumb enough to spend all your money there:rolleyes: But no clubs being in the city b/c of you jerze peeps not being there is wrong. NYC would still be strong, alive and kicking:tongue:

amen, soul sista' ;):cool:

this isn't the point that gravity is trying to make, but this is my off-topic gripe with manhattanites:

most (not all, but MOST) manhattanites are NOT TRUE NEW YORKERS. everyone that can afford to live in the city are people that work in the various corporations that have offices in the city.

OR, they are attending one of the various universities/clubs that are in the city.

so yes, geographically, it is much easier and convenient for manhattanites to enjoy the nightlife that exists in the borough they call home. but most of them refer to as their real home as a state that is much farther away from NYC than say, New Jersey.

given that reasoning, i would rather have my clubs filled with TRUE NEW YORKERS from the outer boroughs (QUEENS, brooklyn, etc) and New Jersey heads moreso than the HICK GUYS from bumblefuck, USA that think they're hot shit b/c they can afford to live in the city (like the dumbasses i work with).

so for all you fellow b&t heads, keep filling up the clubs baby..! ;)

Originally posted by kitty19

this isn't the point that gravity is trying to make, but this is my off-topic gripe with manhattanites:

most (not all, but MOST) manhattanites are NOT TRUE NEW YORKERS. everyone that can afford to live in the city are people that work in the various corporations that have offices in the city.

OR, they are attending one of the various universities/clubs that are in the city.

so yes, geographically, it is much easier and convenient for manhattanites to enjoy the nightlife that exists in the borough they call home. but most of them refer to as their real home as a state that is much farther away from NYC than say, New Jersey.

given that reasoning, i would rather have my clubs filled with TRUE NEW YORKERS from the outer boroughs (QUEENS, brooklyn, etc) and New Jersey heads moreso than the HICK GUYS from bumblefuck, USA that think they're hot shit b/c they can afford to live in the city (like the dumbasses i work with).

so for all you fellow b&t heads, keep filling up the clubs baby..! ;)

While I do agree that most New Yorkers aren't really New Yorkers, in terms of being born and bred...there is still a difference between say the kid that moved here on his own from Cali and the kid that still lives at home in New Jersey with his parents when he is 24 years old. Obviously, I wouldnt want my clubs to be filled up with hicks from bumblefuck, but in reality, thats not who is going to places that I would chose to go anyway. What I am trying to say, is that when you live in NY, no matter where you were born and raised, there is a difference...if I could put it into a few words, then I would, but those of you who live here, surely know what I'm talking about...and in all honesty, this is not meant to be snotty. Obviously, I'm just having fun on here, fucking with NJ, as that's what this board seems to be filled up with...but in reality, I think it comes down more to mentality...and I think the mentality of the so-called B&T'ers is tremendously different...that's what brings the scene and the city down.

Originally posted by fierydesire

I AM HURT FIERY:( :mad::tongue:

Originally posted by gravity

While I do agree that most New Yorkers aren't really New Yorkers, in terms of being born and bred...there is still a difference between say the kid that moved here on his own from Cali and the kid that still lives at home in New Jersey with his parents when he is 24 years old. Obviously, I wouldnt want my clubs to be filled up with hicks from bumblefuck, but in reality, thats not who is going to places that I would chose to go anyway. What I am trying to say, is that when you live in NY, no matter where you were born and raised, there is a difference...if I could put it into a few words, then I would, but those of you who live here, surely know what I'm talking about...and in all honesty, this is not meant to be snotty. Obviously, I'm just having fun on here, fucking with NJ, as that's what this board seems to be filled up with...but in reality, I think it comes down more to mentality...and I think the mentality of the so-called B&T'ers is tremendously different...that's what brings the scene and the city down.

I agree with ya here hun. I know exactly what your talking about. That whole jerze mentality. But I must also say that I know a bunch of jersey ppl who are cool as hell and they are the ones that should fill up the clubs...

Orig..it is a general statement I made. Many of you that I have met from jerz are very cool, but I totally see what gravity is saying..