Clubplanet Nightlife Community

COME ON LOCALS..Help out..

Guest tilly

Guest tilly

I can't decide whether or not to go to the WMC!!! HELP!

In my 28 years, I have never attended the WMC...including when I lived in S. FL.

I am one of those ppl that HATES crowds and overpriced commercial money making events...that is why I have stayed away. However, I will be 29 this year and at this point its do or die. A BUNCH of us NYers are coming down and I've been asked to go.

I've been told by a friend of mine that goes every year (in the business) that it is overcrowded and overpriced. I've spoken to friends that went in years past and are going again this year claiming that it was a mind blowing experience (I want what she got)...

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Are you kidding?? Of course you should come to Miami for WMC...if you're really into dance music. Yeah, it's got all those elements you said, but there really is nowhere else that you can see that much talent in one place at one time. Give it a shot.

Dade

Every now and then, it will happen, you will get shut out of major events. However, I have found that often the best parties/shows are the one's you weren't even planning on attending. You can just walk around the beach and accidently stumble upon one of the best sets you've ever heard! Plus, like Frank said earlier there is just so much talent down here at one time that DJ's are forced to spin in hotel lobbys and at poolside parties.....there are affordable alternatives.

Guest tilly

ok well IF I go, who's going to organize the CP meetup? I know a lot of ppl from the NY board are coming down so who's it gonna be?

joey, some of best times i've had during the conferences has been at the poolside/day parties. you don't have many, if any, etards walkin around. everyone's talkin. havin some drinks. just chillin listenin to phat sets. from saturday - tuesday last year i was a day party each day. sometimes 2 or 3 in one day!

i just laugh at those that are skeptical about coming down. yes it's not the same as it was years ago, but it's still the best party of the year. why would u want to miss that and have one of your friends call you and tell u that they're having the time of their life. i wouldn't dig that too much.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

joey, some of best times i've had during the conferences has been at the poolside/day parties. you don't have many, if any, etards walkin around. everyone's talkin. havin some drinks. just chillin listenin to phat sets.

I 100% agree w/ you! You can really enjoy the music, enjoy the company of friends, and just relax. Apparently last year Sander K threw down an Impromptu, poolside chill out set during the day that was incredible...............I can't believe I missed it! :mad:

Guest tilly
Originally posted by blowflyii

I want to see you in Miami, it will be absolutely perfect.

One dove one smooch....

Maybe even your favs will be there.

Check out BMF watchin it with mec....fun fun fun..

cp meet-up I can't wait to find evryone

LEAVE ME ALONE.

Originally posted by blowflyii

I want to see you in Miami, it will be absolutely perfect.

One dove one smooch....

Maybe even your favs will be there.

Check out BMF watchin it with mec....fun fun fun..

cp meet-up I can't wait to find evryone

. . dude, I've held back so far, but now you're even starting to scare ME. . I mean, its bad enough that you stalk Tilly, but now you're even personifying her DOG . . come on man, you seriously need to get some help . . .

Guest tilly
Originally posted by phrankadelic

funny how things turn from the original post.

can u guys keep this shit out of miami? it's bad enough we have to deal w/our own drama.

this drama follows me everywhere...i'm sorry to bring it in here. I never want drama anywhere~! I just wanted your advise on what to do since I am torn.

Based on some of your answers and a lot of thinking, I have been swayed to go. I definitely want to experience this! Thanks a lot and maybe I'll run into some of you around the beach.

l8r!

Last year for Ultra meet up was at the Twilo tent =)

Drama =:blown:

One word Take your Drama to PM's....Learn to use it young Grasshopper.

P.S.

Leave (Board Stalker’s) Tilly Alone what ever she did or has not done its obvious she doesn’t want to be bother.

PROZAC my friend Prozac... I dont know who I feel more sorry for Tilly or you...

:( :( :( :(

Originally posted by joeygk

Every now and then, it will happen, you will get shut out of major events. However, I have found that often the best parties/shows are the one's you weren't even planning on attending. You can just walk around the beach and accidently stumble upon one of the best sets you've ever heard! Plus, like Frank said earlier there is just so much talent down here at one time that DJ's are forced to spin in hotel lobbys and at poolside parties.....there are affordable alternatives.

I couldn't agree with you anymore! Just play it all by ear. It was my first time last year and we got into every party practically with the exception of Danny, and Roger S... and that's 'cause i was too tired to work the game...

of course it helps to be media. the manager? at crobar was nice enough to hook up me and my crew but you should have seen the look on his face when i pulled the 'we came all the way from toronto!' line... i think that sincereity is what won him over...

that was for the digweed gig.

this is a link to my write up of my first wmc party experience with the photo diary of practically all the parties i went to.

http://eye.net/eye/issue/issue_04.05.01/thebeat/wmc.html

kwasi