Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**JOHNNY GETS HIS GROOVE BACK - Roxy Review**

so, me msoprano and blazny get to the club around 12.. fairly empty at that point.. we're chilling by the cp table for a bit, then i hear some good tribal.. so i'm wondering who it is and am shocked when i see none other then VICIOUS on the decks... from that point on after a quick stop to grab msoprano and tell him johnny is spinning, we never left the stage..

JOHNNY THREW DOWN TONIGHT :D

fuckin great to see him turn it out like that.. perfect mix of hard tracks, vocals.. just all around great set...

too bad sexxybabyDERB had to kill it..

i mean, i can only listen to one track for so long...

shout outs to all the cp peeps as usual.. you guys rawk, and we *owned* the stage as usual :)

highlights of the nite musically..

outta space(unknown remix that only johnny plays :D)

ordinary world - above and beyond mix

and last but not least,

EVERYTHING WILL FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

that song will NEVER get old :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and his name is JOHNNY VICIOUS!!!! last nite was a reminder of why we admire this guy vicious so much. what a great set. im mad that i wasnt still there to here him come back on at 5, but from the time i got there at like 11, till 2am, he was killin it. this is the vicious i remember from the first time i saw him live at SF. he def must have seen msoprano's post, cuz he stepped up to the challenge..and he fawkin destroyed the place. so what was his 2nd set like to close? anyone?

i gotta admit..derb wasnt so bad. he started with none other than Derb, obviously, at least the sirens were goin off during the song, lol. i started a "KTU, KTU, KTU" chant, hehehe. and i just kept crackin jokes about derb....like "oh yeah, we got RSL on the ones and twos" lol. but he kept it hard. it was a very scot project-esque set. after derb, he played Paranoid, then Never Stop That Feeling. went on to play Club Bizarre, Derb (Arome Mix), and alot of other hard hittin trance that i cant ID, or dont remember.

i stayed till 3, for the second week in a row completely sober, not even a drop of alcohol in my system (besides all the capt. morgan's i drank thurs. nite). sober is the way to go to really enjoy the beatz. i wish i coulda stayed later. i would have if linabina didnt have to be home. but i guess it was a good thing, cuz im sittin at work now pretty damn tired.

and as usual, great to see the usual CP-Roxy Stage Crew...MSoprano (the man, the myth, the legend...), Roninmess, Trancerxn112, Rdancer, Doubtness, Godfatherbam, PFloyd, Blazzny, Airatomic, Legend, Bigart, DJMikebugout, Gabo, CLubkat, Fiery, Regina, DJJohnStephen, XXlea, Sexxyh, Quoth, Aphelion, JoeG, CotonCandyDream, and a special guest cameo appearance by SexxybabyD.....and to anyone i forgot (cuz i always forget someone)

You guys really thought Vicious was so much better than Derb? I mean Derb was all cheese, it all sounded the same to me. Vicious was just a bit better. Tight mixing, programming wasn't good. His sound wasn't much different from the Derb sound. I didn't see any progression through the night, just steady tracks one after the other. Same hard beats with occasional ni-nana on top of it. I don't want to sound too negative, it's probably not my style. Bounced over to vinyl afterwards, and that really made my night.

all i gotta say is johnny was sick

and Derb was sick

this has been the best night i think so far. look at the crowd. place was packed. i didn't get there till 1:30 so i had to miss alot. i hope they bring derb back cause everyone was on the floor or moving there body.

Z

Originally posted by dzadza

You guys really thought Vicious was so much better than Derb? I mean Derb was all cheese, it all sounded the same to me. Vicious was just a bit better. Tight mixing, programming wasn't good. His sound wasn't much different from the Derb sound. I didn't see any progression through the night, just steady tracks one after the other. Same hard beats with occasional ni-nana on top of it. I don't want to sound too negative, it's probably not my style. Bounced over to vinyl afterwards, and that really made my night.

Vinyl will really make anyones night!!! Have to admit, Vicious did play well though....I was beginning to doubt him until last nite!

yeah vicious was definitely on point, i wasnt feelin it when i first got in there, then i was...but it wasnt hard enough for stomping

i gotta admit i was pissed when derb came on, but his tracks were hard and yummy.....a lot of the same ones scot project plays, now his dj skills on the otherhand i think were a little :blank:

but yeah, generally good time....i think ill be back next week

Y:Lainie, I think Junior Vasquez is here.

L:HUH, I don't think so hun.

Y:Yeah and my friend is gonna spin at 3:30 he said he could.

L:Why doesn't that sound right. Johnny is spinning now hun.

YF:No he's not, some other dude.

L:Justin can you go look to see who'se playing

J:OK no prob............ it's Johnny.

YF:I am tellling you some guy said he was Junior.

L:Ok what did he look like.

YF:Blondish hair.

LOL

That was the gist of my confusing Junior whether he was here or not conversation.

Johnny: Kick ass job AS USUAL.

Bobby: We don't need no Stinking Drink Tickets, Can I buy you a drink, No can I buy you a drink, No let me buy you a drink. HAHA MAGNUM PI lives!! 1,2, 1,2 MC BG up in the HIP HOP HIZZOUSE

A-luv: See the strength is in the Hair

Fe-Breeze: LOL Anyone seen NJ NICK??

Soprano: LOL Told you he reads what you write.

Pfloyd: Totally blinded me with a kissy hellllllo

Ronin: Stage crew casanovas. Yeah I see you baby shaking that ass.

Lina: I say we leave him and go on vacation

Snoozi8: Happy much kissy kissy kissy, I felt love thankyou sis.

DJ JS: HE TOUCHED MY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAATER, you don't know me like that to touch my water.

Teklord: Did you work hard last night hunny?:D

XTCG: Why you look so serious?

SHANON: Glad to see the bouncey patrol

BARVYBE: Where did you go? Tif is too cute.

CLUBKAT: MEOOOOW Sexy even without the Tail

GABO: MEOOOOW MEOOOOOOW Thanks for the RUB

LARAVER: Chris as usual you raaawk. Se you on the Phazzzzzzzz

DJ MOONSHINE: See I gave a shout out to the MOONSHINE HEYYYYYY

SEXXYBABYDEE: my lil sis, so happy you came out. Bobby rocks I dont think I ever laughed so hard in my life. Call me laterrrrz

I tired I go to bed now. If I didn't mention ya i am just rrrrrrrreally tired but I tried. STUCK ON EARTH in 4 hours. JUSTIN YOU READYYYYY!!

Originally posted by xtcgspot

[

and as usual, great to see the usual CP-Roxy Stage Crew...MSoprano (the man, the myth, the legend...), Roninmess, Trancerxn112, Rdancer, Doubtness, Godfatherbam, PFloyd, Blazzny, Airatomic, Legend, Bigart, DJMikebugout, Gabo, CLubkat, Fiery, Regina, DJJohnStephen, XXlea, Sexxyh, Quoth, Aphelion, JoeG, CotonCandyDream, and a special guest cameo appearance by SexxybabyD.....and to anyone i forgot (cuz i always forget someone)

:idea:

bitchass mofo!!!

Had so much fun last night! I missed the meet up like always tho. But I did meet a good amout of people. It was good to see everyone again:

tunnelbandit- you werent lost tonight! Im so proud

mikemc-see ya next week hun =)

msoprano- your mean! lol

trancend- where the hell were you justin!!!

foxyroxy

and the new people I met:

legend38- it was nice to meet you. Remember our deal for next week.. hehe. Thanx for introducing me to people from CP. Your awesome =)

roninmess

Airatomic

bigpoppanils

illlogik

nycmuzik2000

trancerxn112

Bigart

I know Im missing people. lol Like i said I wouldnt remember all the names... Legend, help me out here.. lol. See you all next week.

Debbie mwaaaz

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

BARVYBE: Where did you go? Tif is too cute.

Sleepiswaste (Zoran) was spinning at Ja Lounge hon. Had to bounce to support our local boy (who, btw, spins about 20 times better than JV or Derb, with better track selection. I don't understand why Z isn't playing bigger somewhere).

Hey, had a great time checking this party out for the first time. Have to say that i like that the tracks were hard enough to stomp to, but musically not my style so much - so uninventive and repetitive - but hey, each to his own. Chillin with everyone is worth it :)

Originally posted by barvybe

Sleepiswaste (Zoran) was spinning at Ja Lounge hon. Had to bounce to support our local boy (who, btw, spins about 20 times better than JV or Derb, with better track selection. I don't understand why Z isn't playing bigger somewhere).

Taken under advisement, I will consult the council and the elders of our tribe.

Originally posted by msoprano13

vicious was tearing the place apart and the CLUBNYC STAGE CREW was tearing up the stage hardcore and the rest of the club was like:confused: :confused:

i wacked some meathead with my elbow while i was tearin up the stage. i just looked at him, i kinda just wanted to know who i hit. then i kept doin my thing. he was just takin up space anyway, just standin there for like an hour, didnt move at all, not even a head bob or anything. y go up on stage to just stand there? him and his little friend, takin up my dancin space. FOCKERS!!!!

good times. :)

hey mike, rob, pete... 'did u guys have a good time?'

unfortunately, itll be my last week at roxy for a long time..... Italia here i come. Goodbye everyone! just when vicious decides to throw it down i gotta leave... figures... make sure CP keeps ownership of the stage everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lina: I say we leave him and go on vacation

XTCG: Why you look so serious?

:laugh: soooo.. no lingerie match?? we're just gonna say screw him and run away together huh.... sounds like a plan :idea: ::lol norobinwecantmakeitathreesomesorry:

o and gary looked serious cuz he was sober.. lol he doesnt understand why everyone asks him if theres somethin wrong or if hes ok and tellin him loosen up... lol it IS because u look very serious when ur sober :tongue: