Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Garfield Vs. Heathcliff...

it was garfeild and friends... but for the friends part there was a name for their cartoon. i think it was acres farm, acres barn arosons barn or something like that.

wade was the duck(anyone ever notice how the little duck head on his floataion device would always have the same expression that wade's face had?), bue was the male shep, sheldon was the egg with legs. orson was the pig. and he had 3 mean older brothers that beat the snot out of him.

i liked the garfield quikies those were always funny. :hat:

anyone seen any fritz the cat cartoons?

what about felix the cat. if your gonna talk about about mighty mouse then u can't forget heckle and jeckle, chilly willy, woody woodpecker, droopy, anything tex avery put his name on was funny(still funny)

anyone remember the crazy squirrel? what was his name?

daffy duck the orginal daffy/crazy duck was my fav.

The Hollywood Reporter announced today that 20th Century Fox has optioned the feature film rights to Garfield, the all-too-long running comic strip. Somebody help out with this one! A Garfield movie? Why? In 1986... maybe. It's just wrong. However, I'm not the best one to judge since I never liked the cartoon, or TV specials... or the animated series. I guess someone must have because the thing has been around forever.

r that time period during the late '80s/early '90s when people had those stupid plush Garfields stuck to their car windows with suction cups? I hated that. And I am staunchly opposed to any phenomenon, feature film or what have you, that might bring back such a ridiculous fad. As you might've guessed, I'm more of a dog person.

The film will be a live-action/CG-animated combo – probably along the lines of Doctor Dolittle and Cats & Dogs. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news.

The definite good news is that the script will be penned by Toy Story writers Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow. The story will reportedly focus on the sibling rivalry between the lasagna-loving cat and his canine companion Odie.

John Davis (no relation to Garfield creator Jim Davis) will produce through Davis Entertainment.

I hear Meow Mix and Stouffer's are already lining up for product placement.

:blown:

Originally posted by senestro13

The definite good news is that the script will be penned by Toy Story writers Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow. The story will reportedly focus on the sibling rivalry between the lasagna-loving cat and his canine companion Odie.

John Davis (no relation to Garfield creator Jim Davis) will produce through Davis Entertainment.

i see those facts as GOOD things for the prospects for the film...

i remember those silly suction cup suicidal station wagon rear-window kamikaze garfields ;)

SNOOPY and his ROOT BEER after long nights of being chased by the RED BARON. RUUUUUULE.

Droopy was da MAN! that little bastard could kick any cat's ass. I gotta give the Top Cat prize to Sylvester. Always wanted to eat chicks! (tweety), and remember that baby kangaroo? sylvester thought it was a giant mouse! classic!

by the way, is tweety a boy or a girl?

Originally posted by tribal

Droopy was da MAN! that little bastard could kick any cat's ass. I gotta give the Top Cat prize to Sylvester. Always wanted to eat chicks! (tweety), and remember that baby kangaroo? sylvester thought it was a giant mouse! classic!

by the way, is tweety a boy or a girl?

The guy In your pic reminds me of Odie.....

:laugh: :laugh:

. . . . Garfield in the first round . . no competition . .

. . . Oh, and bye the way , to whomever wrote the U.S. Acres cast list earlier in the thread, you forgot the female sheep, Bo's sister Lanolin . . . She was the hard drinking, salty dog, sarcastic sheep on the farm . . . and my favorite character to boot . . maybe that's why I've always sought out and been abused by dominant women . . . hmmm. . . . .