Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stay Away From Vinyl!!!!

klohe

Originally posted by tyco

oh c'mon dude.......don't we wish it was a perfect world and people weren't judged by how they look......especially in clubs......even better, especially in clubs like Vinyl

one time me and a few friends were dancing on the floor at Vinyl and as expected, as I looked around people were just looking at us like, "get out of our club" there was a lot of dirty looks and pointing and I felt pretty uncomfortable......it really made me sick........

I wish people were more like the way you talked because they would probably realize that a lot of those people in the club who they assume to be attitudes, because of how they look, are really cool people who have the same attitude about clubbing as anyone else in Vinyl.......this will never happen though.......people always have to whine about something.

Well I can always dream, right.

Well that is my philosophy, so I was not one of the people givin u the looks; I don't think so anyway :tongue::);)

Just "Be urself". Who cares about what kind of looks people give you. As long as you're being decent to others and enjoying urself, nothing else matters. ;):)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a ridiculous post! I suggest you get there early if you want to avoid the lines. You put a club in NYC and house one of the best DJ's in the world, WTF do you think is going to happen?! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GO! I've been there a few times and I never heard of or saw anyone disrespecting someone. White, black, gay or straight it never seems to matter to anyone anymore.

Sit back relax and enjoy what our corner of the earth has to offer instead of bitching.....

P.S.

And I though Vinyl was a come one come all "be yourself" kinda club....?!

Originally posted by mcgrupp

While we're talking about this subject...

I'd like to say that Danny Howells is awful. The mood is always terrible, the crowd is rude and annoying, and his music is a total joke. Nobody ever go, please you'll be wasting your time.

;)

Danny Howells @ Vinyl = Twilo ppl

I don't think they are that bad...

Standard non-board person intro...

I never do this, but the subject at hand is so near and dear to me that I must contribute.

Standard Vinyl junkie bitching...

The good old days, three years ago, "Funk Train," "Sinners," hard, dark; when it was a bunch of fabulous fags and you; when getting on the speaker didn't mean you necessarily wanted to be looked at, you just WANTED TO BE ON THE SPEAKER, damn it; when they had couches (puked on too many times) and hotel-quality art in the back; all the madness and the beauty and the feeling that we were very special and very privileged to be experiencing a brief moment of clubbing glory in an otherwise jaded subculture.

Standard reality check...

It's gone. Over. Done.

Standard inspirational blurb...

But DT isn't. The music is still there. Sure, some silicone honey might use both her vicious little hands to push me in the small of my back on MY FUCKING DANCEFLOOR and tell me to move (!!), but I will just whisper evil things under my breath, plant my feet on the ground, and wait for the drums to well up under them until they move. There will be another time for us to have more "specialness." But for now we have to suffer the fools, smile at them if they seem kind, help them out if they're too fucked up, and hold that music close to our hearts. And wait. Everything moves in cycles.

And remember, no one is really evil. They're just desperately insecure.

Love to all. See you for ANNIVERSARY!

Originally posted by madamfierce

Standard non-board person intro...

I never do this, but the subject at hand is so near and dear to me that I must contribute.

Standard Vinyl junkie bitching...

The good old days, three years ago, "Funk Train," "Sinners," hard, dark; when it was a bunch of fabulous fags and you; when getting on the speaker didn't mean you necessarily wanted to be looked at, you just WANTED TO BE ON THE SPEAKER, damn it; when they had couches (puked on too many times) and hotel-quality art in the back; all the madness and the beauty and the feeling that we were very special and very privileged to be experiencing a brief moment of clubbing glory in an otherwise jaded subculture.

Standard reality check...

It's gone. Over. Done.

Standard inspirational blurb...

But DT isn't. The music is still there. Sure, some silicone honey might use both her vicious little hands to push me in the small of my back on MY FUCKING DANCEFLOOR and tell me to move (!!), but I will just whisper evil things under my breath, plant my feet on the ground, and wait for the drums to well up under them until they move. There will be another time for us to have more "specialness." But for now we have to suffer the fools, smile at them if they seem kind, help them out if they're too fucked up, and hold that music close to our hearts. And wait. Everything moves in cycles.

And remember, no one is really evil. They're just desperately insecure.

Love to all. See you for ANNIVERSARY!

------ WELL SAID GRRl --------------:o

Originally posted by djjonstephen

You people are missing the point here, its not about which guy is topless or built.........

When I was hitting vinyl up a year and a half ago, there were topless big dudes......they were predominantly gay, but it added to the atmosphere. It was an awesome vibe because no one gave a shit and just chilled and listened to Danny.

Now it has become an attitude ridden hang out where people go be seen.

I don't look down on anyone who is dressed up at vinyl, shit......I have hit that place three weeks in a row after going to the Roxy, but there is something to be said about people who just stand around or walk continuously with sour puss looks on their face clogging up the space for the rest of us. Its the predominant attitude that overcame the vibe last Friday, the I'm too cool to be myself bullshit. These are the people that don't belong and should stay the fuck home.

I agree with ya here Jon...I don't mind them so much it is the attitude. Yet it won't stop me from shaiking my ass at Vinyl on the speaker, stage, dancefloor where ever, just the attitude turns my stomach:(

<sigh>

It took me like a half an hour to read through this post, and to be honest I understand a lot of points, but the bottom line is vinyl's whole premise, is music and chilling.

Enjoy the music, enjoy being there and hanging out with people. B-E Y-O-U-R-S-E-L-F!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE THE ATTITUDE AT HOME...BE YOURSELF

LEAVE THE DRUGS AT HOME, ENJOY THE MUSIC, LET THE MUSIC MOVE YOU, NOT THE DRUGS.

BE COURTEOUS, and realize why you are there, b/c THE MUSIC IS PHENOMENAL and the is a place to have fun.......THAT'S all...

To the true vinylheads, I understand your gripes, be upset about the rudeness, not the type of crowd, b/c the bottomline is people are who they are and that is what the party is built around. Hey, I am a true Pretty boy by stereotype, but when it comes to VINYL, the jeans are rolled up, the sneakers come on, and i just want to dance and have fun....At the same, the people who bring the attitudes, you are not welcomed, so keep that in mind!

anyhow, I LOVE THE PLACE, i have been going forever, and try in make it there every week, it's where i finish my friday and begin my Saturday....Unfortunately, one thing I would like to change, is the fact that I see so many who love vinyl for what it is, and I have yet to meet you people, I hope we can work on changing that, and help to keep VINYL the place it is meant to be.

chris