Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stay Away From Vinyl!!!!

klohe

k.....do u remember when u first started goin there??? It was underground, and dirty with room to actually breathe??? Now everyone has been tellin ppl to go there and there are crazy lines and its soooo packed with fuckin corny ppl who do not belong...Vinyl IS NOT A SUPER CLUB!!!! Ever notice there isn't a sign or a website??? Like Danny has even said "Tell ur friends not to come here!" PUHLEEZE!!!! Stop blowin it up and ruining it for the REAL DT FANS....we don't want ur kind there making it uncomfortable for the ppl who actually go for the music and not for "meet ups" or to socialize!!!!! :mad:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she's right, i did hear danny say that. i also heard "hugs not drugs."

i don't know, the club has gotten so hot i don't know what they are going to do about the space. the music is probably the best music i've ever heard in a club. my first time was friday, great club... um i mean it was alright if you like that kinda thing :rolleyes:

Originally posted by klohe

k.....do u remember when u first started goin there??? It was underground, and dirty with room to actually breathe??? Now everyone has been tellin ppl to go there and there are crazy lines and its soooo packed with fuckin corny ppl who do not belong...Vinyl IS NOT A SUPER CLUB!!!! Ever notice there isn't a sign or a website??? Like Danny has even said "Tell ur friends not to come here!" PUHLEEZE!!!! Stop blowin it up and ruining it for the REAL DT FANS....we don't want ur kind there making it uncomfortable for the ppl who actually go for the music and not for "meet ups" or to socialize!!!!! :mad:

. . . whoa . . . :eek: . . . I wonder why it's happening . . .

. . . Seems like that's the story that's repeated no matter what club you're talking about . . . It's all about crowd drift, and I don't think it's going to get any better . . . People will eventually get fed up with the whole mainstream superclub thing and start to look for something with more soul. . . Unfortuantely this means that many will come to cool places like Vinyl and, instead of changing their attitude to match the venue, they attempt to change the venue to match their attitudes . . .

. . . This can also have a good effect, because if there are enough good souls with the heart and drive to setup a small venues around the city . . the crowds that are making mass exoduses from the Exits and Factories of the city will have numerous different places to choose from to find comfort . . . and be themselves . . .

. . . we can only hope for a new day . . . :D

Originally posted by magilicuti

she's right, i did hear danny say that. i also heard "hugs not drugs."

i don't know, the club has gotten so hot i don't know what they are going to do about the space. the music is probably the best music i've ever heard in a club. my first time was friday, great club... um i mean it was alright if you like that kinda thing :rolleyes:

. . . why the eye rolling? . . . .

what she said

It is def. crowded in there on fridays but it seems everyone i talk to there goes there "every friday". What are you going to do tho? Lets hope that the exit heads and meat heads from factory will either change there ways while there at vinyl or maybe there wont be enough girls for them to go back.

I will continue to love Vinyl anyway it goes.

Yeah man. i loved vinyl as usual - i'ts my home. But dammit there are so many meatheads and juicers in there, along with skanky idiot hoes dressed to the 9's with a HUGE chip on their shoulders.

You get bumped into it's not like "hey, sorry."

I'ts more like "move the fuck outta my way you punk"

leave it to the SF and Exit peeps to ruin a great time :(

(yeah i know i'll take heat for saying that but fuck you, ever since you guys started showing up, this shit has been happening. cause and effect. you can see the results.)

Best time to enjoy vinyl is to get there EARLY. Like around 12 and listen to Danny just ease everyone into the night. that's my favorite time of the night... when nobody is there and it's just you and him and vinyl feels like your living room.

i wish people would leave the drama at the door.

Originally posted by cintron

You get bumped into it's not like "hey, sorry."

I'ts more like "move the fuck outta my way you punk"

Were'nt you the one that was told to "block the walkway"? Where the f is the walkway? The 2 feet of space you were kneeling in? Give me a f*ing break....making room for those that should NOT be there standing around trying to look snazzy....

:rolleyes:

Oddly enough, this resembles the sentiments I heard in the last days of Twilo....

Lots of Vinyl heads back then (When BYS Fridays were pretty empty!) wanted people to stay away....

Naturally, that didn't last with Twilo's closing....

But it sucks to hear that it's become a "superclub atmosphere"....

Vinyl's a great place when it's a bit empty and mellow. The first Howells night that I went to, I was there at around 11 and no one was there yet. I danced my head off and it felt pretty nice.

And then the masses came....to tell you the truth, it kinda felt odd in the place.

Wish Vinyl was a bit less crowded....it really feels nicer like that....

Originally posted by momadance

i dont know who the person who stated this thread thinks they are, but they need to get their head out of their ass with that attitude. your message will never be taken seriously when you choose to convey it in such a bitchy mannor.

agreed

i got pushed around by girls!!just 5 feet in front of me and just stand around lookin hot..

i was like what the fuck!!

i guess i'm a punk!!

i love gettin there early..i love hearin how the set builds up..sometimes you'll hear like 4 different tracks in like 5 minutes cuz he's not sure how to start off the nite...sometimes he just starts off hard

i can't wait for friday...gotta get there early to see if he does anything different for the anniversary..it is gonna be one hellava nite!!

i dont know who the person who stated this thread thinks they are, but they need to get their head out of their ass with that attitude. your message will never be taken seriously when you choose to convey it in such a bitchy mannor.

ummm...and who r u???? I'm there every week and the other ppl on the board who also r...feel the same way as

I do...maybe ur just bitchy bc ur the stupid ppl were talkin about?

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . why the eye rolling? . . . .

kinda like saying the place is awesome but referring to khole's state on how not to tell anyone to go there. trying to be sarcastic. sorry if it came off wrong. i'd just like to say i love vinyl to clear it up

ummm...and who r u???? I'm there every week and the other ppl on the board who also r...feel the same way as

I do...maybe ur just bitchy bc ur the stupid ppl were talkin about?

Who am I? someone whos been here for longer than 2 months (and with 800+ posts in that time- woah, nice life there)

and you are there every week?? nice life again - get some variety there

and no, i'm not one of these people, i havent really been to vinyl at all in the past year or so, because i thought it was getting lame THEN.

Who am I? someone whos been here for longer than 2 months (and with 800+ posts in that time- woah, nice life there)

and no, i'm not one of these people, i havent really been to vinyl at all in the past year or so, because i thought it was getting lame THEN.

Hey man, some people find their niche at a certain place. For me, Vinyl is it. It's everything i need and more. So i wouldn't be so hasty to tell someone to get a life just becasue they dont wish to go anywhere else.

and if you haven't been to vinyl in the past year, please just dont even bother posting on this thread.

I'm sure Exit will welcome you back with open arms...

typical Vinylhead post.......

I agree with you in that I wish Vinyl doesn't get cramped with a bad crowd but let's face it, it's not your club no matter how many times you go there.......you talk about people with attitudes coming in yet the only attitudes I see are on the "REAL DT FANS" who, for some odd reason, have always had this chip on their shoulder........and how can you tell people not to come to a club to socialize........a club is a social atmosphere in any club, no matter how good the music is........are you kidding me?

Best time to enjoy vinyl is to get there EARLY. Like around 12 and listen to Danny just ease everyone into the night. that's my favorite time of the night... when nobody is there and it's just you and him and vinyl feels like your living room.

i wish people would leave the drama at the door.

Early, or towards the end of the night...8, 9, 10 am...when it starts to clear out and you feel like it's just you and your friends ('cause, it usually is) dancing to music made especially for you :). I agree with leaving the drama at the door...hope Vinyl doesn't get overrun with it. And for the person that claimed Khloe is bitchy...get a clue...she's the furthest thing from it.

See ya'll this weekend...anniversary and Howells :D

i personally dont have a problem with people coming in.

that's what makes it a club.

it's the attitudes and negative vibes that they bring in that stains the whole party. if you went to vinyl a year ago and then came back this past friday you might not have even recognized the place. the vibe has changed a lot and while it's still positive, there are a lot of people who decide that they want to show everyone that they own the club and the dancefloor.

it gets retarded, man. I'm there for the music and the vibe. The music will always stay but it's still only part of the experience

Hey man, some people find their niche at a certain place. For me, Vinyl is it. It's everything i need and more. So i wouldn't be so hasty to tell someone to get a life just becasue they dont wish to go anywhere else.

and if you haven't been to vinyl in the past year, please just dont even bother posting on this thread.

I'm sure Exit will welcome you back with open arms...

I wouldnt step foot in exit

and who are you to tell me not to bother posting to this thread? i have been to vinyl, NASA, shelter, whater we have called it dozens and dozens of times through many many years, and i have a lot of friends who still go quite a lot, its just not my scene anymore since ive grown up and i go other places. i replied because i saw what i used to see there back then-- people thinking they have more of a right to be there because they were there first and it is rediculous. i was replying to not only that, but the awful way in which it was done....

I get paid to play on the internet: tongue: And if u check, all my posts are within business hrs 9-5, I do have a life...thanx for asking.

Like I said...unlike the majority of ppl there, I GO FOR THE MUSIC!!! Danny fans alike will agree with me that there is nothing wrong with seeing him weekly...Vinyl was a place to avoid all the other negative aspects of nightlife, but now everything is integrating bc some ppl can't keep their mouths shut...if u want every place to be like SF or Exit, so be it...but when all the DJs start to leave...don't tell u I didn't warn you!

Originally posted by tyco

typical Vinylhead post.......

I agree with you in that I wish Vinyl doesn't get cramped with a bad crowd but let's face it, it's not your club no matter how many times you go there.......you talk about people with attitudes coming in yet the only attitudes I see are on the "REAL DT FANS" who, for some odd reason, have always had this chip on their shoulder........and how can you tell people not to come to a club to socialize........a club is a social atmosphere in any club, no matter how good the music is........are you kidding me?

hmmm...are the guidos @ SF happy when lil candy kids crash their party...NO! BC Paris is such a bitch...she won't even let them in! We have this chip bc we are trying to avoid what is happening...no one likes to be rudely pushed while trying to walk, or elbowed in the face dancing....