Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl Is Closing....

BKDJ

Wetlands right next door was pushed out in the fall because condos were going up. This will soon be the fate of Vinyl as well. Real Estate developers can offer a lot more for the land than Vinyl can. Many Wetlands regulars tried to save the place but to no avail. That was a great club by the way. I saw both Sublime and Nirvana play there in the early 90's.

Originally posted by stolio

Wetlands right next door was pushed out in the fall because condos were going up. This will soon be the fate of Vinyl as well. Real Estate developers can offer a lot more for the land than Vinyl can.

Sure that may be true, but not many godo things last forever. Some of you have to realize that VINYL is not your lives, rather, it's a lifestyle that naturally changes and evolves over the couse of time.

Everyone has their own perogative on this, but what I can't understand is why some people HAVE to go to VINYL every weekend. You gotta change it up - have fun and open your eyes to some new options out there. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gwyllion

Sure that may be true, but not many godo things last forever. Some of you have to realize that VINYL is not your lives, rather, it's a lifestyle that naturally changes and evolves over the couse of time.

Everyone has their own perogative on this, but what I can't understand is why some people HAVE to go to VINYL every weekend. You gotta change it up - have fun and open your eyes to some new options out there. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more.....change is good!!!!!!!! I find myself rotating venues....always keeps it fun and interesting.:cool:

As much as I'd be likely to torch the condos repeatedly out of a vengeful anger at the closing of Vinyl, I guess we'd survive if Glowbana goes through as planned. Let's hope things hold out regardless. And we can always stage a few massive CP protests and candlelight vigils outside the club :)

I heard these rumors a few days ago.... something about not making enough $$. The income from the bars compared to a club which sells alcohol is almost non existant in comparison. I hope this isn't true but i've come to expect the worst from NYC nightlife since Twilo closed. Let's just home that Vinyl stays open and another club pops up VERY soon. :blank:

I didnt post this just to post it.... I am good friends with Benny, Rob, and Mac C. by late 2002, maybe even as long as EARLY 2003, vinyl will be turned into lux condo property.

Those who are attched like I was... slowly distance yourself..

i know its hard, cuz it is the hottest spot in the city... best music, best crowd 100%.... too good to be true. for long.

Originally posted by vision

i don't think so hun

mac c posted it on nbooth

he opens for dt allot and dt calls him to spin there when he can't make it

as for slowly distancing??ain't gonna happen

I know its hard yo.....

but what can we really do?