1. 1. Best club related film?

• Human Traffic
    • Groove
    • Go
    • Studio 54
    • Saturday Night Fever
    • Better Living through Chemistry

Originally posted by mysterynyc

Groove...but it wasn't so much about clubs, as it was specifically about E and what it does and doesn't do to you.

i.e. the kid who FINALLY had his trip at 8am while playing with the expanding kinex ball lol...after eating oranges all night long.

see, i agree that GROOVE was a decent flic, but let's be honest, that was more like what Dateline NBC or MTV wants us to believe that E does or doesn't do...

...unless the goods out on the west coast are so much better than they are here...:roll::roll:

Originally posted by brooklynkid

see, i agree that GROOVE was a decent flic, but let's be honest, that was more like what Dateline NBC or MTV wants us to believe that E does or doesn't do...

...unless the goods out on the west coast are so much better than they are here...:roll::roll:

that's the thing. they ARE much better out in San Fran as well as in Miami.

First of 6 times i've rolled in my life (don't do it anymore...fucks with your head).....was in Miami.I think I have the best memories of South Beach anyone could ever have :D. Bad trips don't exist there.

Originally posted by mysterynyc

that's the thing. they ARE much better out in San Fran as well as in Miami.

First of 6 times i've rolled in my life (don't do it anymore...fucks with your head).....was in Miami.I think I have the best memories of South Beach anyone could ever have :D. Bad trips don't exist there.

I agree with you about Miami being better (should this be moved to Substances?) but bad trips do exist. I had my best ever turn into my worst ever...I remember it too well...Club Space late August...:D

As bad as the scene has become, HBO should do a 'real world' type series called BEHIND THE MUSIC or X IN THE CITY about a group of heads that roam the scene in New York on a weekly basis and base it on real life characters.

The only thing is, if they did that you couldnt show half of the mayhem on any channel without getting someone arrested. If 60 Minutes or MTV really knew what went on behind the scene, the public would really be in for a treat. Film an episode from the Tunnel years ago back in the day when Junior was spinning and viewers would just sit there with their mouths open. Tape an episode from one of my crazy marathon nights at Twilo or Sound Factory. I wish I had a tape of the mayhem at the original grand opening of Exit, its been down hill ever since!

They could even call it... Sex, Drugs and Music!

shit that sounds sweet

Originally posted by njdionysus

As bad as the scene has become, HBO should do a 'real world' type series called BEHIND THE MUSIC or X IN THE CITY about a group of heads that roam the scene in New York on a weekly basis and base it on real life characters.

The only thing is, if they did that you couldnt show half of the mayhem on any channel without getting someone arrested. If 60 Minutes or MTV really knew what went on behind the scene, the public would really be in for a treat. Film an episode from the Tunnel years ago back in the day when Junior was spinning and viewers would just sit there with their mouths open. Tape an episode from one of my crazy marathon nights at Twilo or Sound Factory. I wish I had a tape of the mayhem at the original grand opening of Exit, its been down hill ever since!

They could even call it... Sex, Drugs and Music!

Originally posted by mugwump

MADE

The scene with West coast guineas and all

the fabulous coke snorters at Spa and Centro fly made

me remember why NY depresses me so much!

BTW, It's BETTER LIVING THROUGH CIRCUITRY

(which gets my vote as best electronica doc.)

Mugz, dont forget MODUALTIONS as well, though maybe not club related still a kick ass flick...and yes Quoth owns allllllll these good-ass flicks..including...for the drum-n-bass heads like myself...METALHEADZ-THE DOCUMNETARY (brilliant)

Originally posted by quoth

Mugz, dont forget MODUALTIONS as well, though maybe not club related still a kick ass flick...and yes Quoth owns allllllll these good-ass flicks..including...for the drum-n-bass heads like myself...METALHEADZ-THE DOCUMNETARY (brilliant)

very cool bro..

same tastes

same videos!

Originally posted by quoth

Oooh yes, that was amazing, I loved the scenes with Future Sounds of London- what freaks!

Anyway, I vote Groove- so dead on...

Whew, good save. You almost made me pull out the "nod" speech, the "it's not over till the last record spins" line, or the police not noticing the rave going on upstairs scenes to school you!

Human Traffic on the other hand played with fantasy/reality and captured the feeling, energy and mind of the kooky party set better than any other movie I've ever seen.