Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha Global Underground 9 San Francisco...

just listening/enjoying CD1.

I have to say, MUSICALLY, one of the best dance albums ever. BOTH CD 1 and 2.

Sasha, when he's at his best/not on drugs...is the best mixing DJ on the planet.

This was the first ever GU CD I heard, this is what got me HOOKED on GU and other stuff, and brought me away from cheese.

One more thing...this album is a dance music equivalent of the Pink Floyd albums. EPIC.

sasha's ibiza was a lot more "appealing" but it was NOT better then 009. CD2 of ibiza was sick, CD1 had a sick sick remix of space maneuvers. and the best part was CD2 when sasha was sampling and messing around with "reach out for me...." (i forgot the name of that song)

009 was when sasha was, in my opinion, the best DJ in the world

Originally posted by mysterynyc

This was the first ever GU CD I heard, this is what got me HOOKED on GU and other stuff, and brought me away from cheese.

One more thing...this album is a dance music equivalent of the Pink Floyd albums. EPIC.

and who let you "borrow" that CD????????? :D

and speaking of pink floyd, i was jsut listening to them in my car, and :eek: you dont even need drugs to go on a trip hile listening to them.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

sasha's ibiza was a lot more "appealing" but it was NOT better then 009. CD2 of ibiza was sick, CD1 had a sick sick remix of space maneuvers. and the best part was CD2 when sasha was sampling and messing around with "reach out for me...." (i forgot the name of that song)

that was mercury and solace mixed into acquila-dreamstate (lsg remix)

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

i think both sasha's GU are nothing great ...

The guy can do better

i think digweed LA

and

oakenfold newyork

are the 2 beat Gu's out there

i agree with this dude here 100%, Diggers LA and apemans #2 (or #7) NYC are the best ones out there, but as someone mentioned, different people, different tastes

The guy can do better

i think digweed LA

and

oakenfold newyork

and the boxed boys said it themselves that oakenfold album 007 sold the most COPY's in transmission 001

\

Dima...are you reading this? :D , he's dissin' your boy :D. (j/k)

The guy can do better

i think digweed LA

and

oakenfold newyork

and the boxed boys said it themselves that oakenfold album 007 sold the most COPY's in transmission 001

those 2 albums had the highest sales because when they came out, their respective DJ was blowing up at the time.

Oakenfold, when NY 7 came out, was rated #1 DJ by MixMag and DJ Mag

Digweed, with LA 19...same thing...he was on the brink of being ranked #1.

And I KNOW ranking has nothing to do with it, but as a result of these so called rankings, their commercial popularity grew and so did their record sales.

Don't get me wrong, both of those albums are off the hook...especially Oakenfold, he will never spin that type of stuff again. He's been going backwards musically after doing a bunch of amazing essential mixes in 98 and 99.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Amazing how people look over GU #6 Diggers in Sydney is always looked over whenever the Boxed series is talked about.

you wanna talk about overlooked?? :D

Nick Warren, 4 GU CDs....Brazil, Prague, Budapest, Amsterdam

no one ever mentions anything. I think Amsterdam received no praise WHATSOEVER.

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

you guys are aware that all the gu compilations are mixed by computer not by hand. (except for nick warren's)

-z

yeah Nick Warren & Darren Emerson ( he does it at his home studio with decks)

all the others are done with ProTools, but I think Sasha in San Francisco, is clearly done by him as well.

First time I heard that CD,circa 1998, I didn't know what compilations were/that they existed, so I thought it was one big song for the first 15 minutes :laugh:, but then I look on the back cover and I realized it was separate tracks.

I was like...wow, this guy has talent.

i heard one of dt's cds was mixed live

what do they do??do they record their set and then get in a studio and re-record/re-mix their set??

i always wondered bout that cuz you figure they played an 8 hour set or so and then its dropped on 2 cd's(70+ minutes each)

i think there are 2 kinds of GU albums. the ones that are successful commercially because of the popular tracks and the ones that push the boundaries, that are revolutionary. for example Sasha Ibiza is commercial success, as well as a great set, but San Fran was revolutionary, its something else. Take Oakey, NY was amazing, it was original as well as commerically succesful. Emerson Uruguay was a revolutionary set, while not too successful commercially. DDish Moscow was a commercial success while i dont think it was that original. see what im getting at?