Clubplanet Nightlife Community

please help me - STD??? :(

wildangel

My boyfriend of four months has been having some irritation in his penis for some time now, ever since I met him. He was convinced it was an allergic reaction from some warming massage oil or something, and when we both got tested for HIV, we were negative. Last night, the burning in his penis was so bad he had to go to the hospital, and they told him it was probably an STD. He had no idea, and when he told me my heart sank.

So far I the only thing I've done is give him blow jobs, with and without a condom, and I have had semen in my mouth. But we have NOT had sex.

I'm terrified right now, and I'm wondering

a) what he could have? his penis looks fine, but it's been "burning" for almost five or six months now, and he's been having what he describes as "bladder spasms." The doctors put him on a ton of antibiotics, and they're waiting for the test results now.

B) COULD I HAVE AN STD??????????????? I'm so scared right now. I've never had one before, and I feel like I'm going to throw up/cry. What are the odds I do? I don't have health insurance, and I'm so sick to my stomach right now I'm kind of disoriented and need to go lie back down, as a matter of fact.

Please help. :worry2: I don't want to have to break up with him over this because I do care about him a lot. I don't know what to do.

babe its best that you go to the doctor also for a FULL checkup....i know you havent had sex and thats besides the point, but i bet it would feel tons better if you had the security of knowing nothing is wrong with you either, ya know? :o

As for the boy, it could be an STD, it could be just an infection.....just wait for the results.

::he might have anything, and since he didnt take care of himself by finding out what was wrong when he first got symptoms, it probably only got worse::

Just stay safe hun. :)

kat honey you are THE BEST. Seriously. I'm sitting here shaking, not knowing what to do with myself, and reading your post has helped me calm down at least a little.

I'm going to call Planned Parenthood RIGHT NOW. Better safe than sorry, I'm going to have them test me for everything and then some!

As for the boy, it could be an STD, it could be just an infection.....just wait for the results. ::he might have anything, and since he didnt take care of himself by finding out what was wrong when he first got symptoms, it probably only got worse::

You're so right, I guess it was natural of both of us to jump to a worst case scenario conclusion right off the bat. What's the worst it could be? Could he have something like herpes? Oh god, I hope not.

But honestly, what do you think are the chances I have something? Are STD's really easily communicatable orally? I just want to brace myself before going in. I'm still queasy so I'm going to lie down now, and will be back later to reply to anything else you may have written.

babe, semen can contain the infection bacteria :: or meanies, whatever u wanna call them :: tdo13.gif

There have been some cases where oral sex led to the person also catching the infection but its not like "boom, i have an std now" ya know? OF COURSE its going to be more risky with intercourse.

This is from an article on the net:

The risk of oral transmission of HIV appears to be low for single acts of oral sex, according to Emory University researchers who have reviewed studies. "Experience with oral transmission alone as a cause is still too small to be able to come up with an estimate,'' says Richard Rothenberg, MD, one of the Emory researchers.

Nevertheless, any chance of being infected may be too high for some people. Furthermore, according to two reviews published in the February and April 1998 issues of the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, oral sex can also be a route of transmission for other sexually transmitted diseases.

Take it as you will. But like I said before just get checked.....and make sure to stay safe!!!!!!! I love my sexboarders too much!

~oh oh it could be a urinary tract infection!!!~ :confused:

It sounds like he has the clap (gonarhrea or however you spell it.) I do not believe that you can contact it orally, but kat is right, you should def. go to Planned Parenthood & get a thourough check up. They do things on a weighted scale by income, so if you're a student and don't have much income, it will be really cheap for you sonce you don't have insurance. I am sure that you are fine, but it doesn't hurt to double check. Good luck and I hope things work out well for you and always be safe!

it sounds like the clap or ghonerrea. That also comes with a thick discharge 24 to 72 hrs after being exposed to the STD..

which you can be exposed to orally

so it might just be an infection or some sort that by being left untreated has turned into something..

go and get tested for everything and i hope it turns to be nothing

Originally posted by clubkat

babe, semen can contain the infection bacteria :: or meanies, whatever u wanna call them :: tdo13.gif

There have been some cases where oral sex led to the person also catching the infection but its not like "boom, i have an std now" ya know? OF COURSE its going to be more risky with intercourse.

This is from an article on the net:

The risk of oral transmission of HIV appears to be low for single acts of oral sex, according to Emory University researchers who have reviewed studies. "Experience with oral transmission alone as a cause is still too small to be able to come up with an estimate,'' says Richard Rothenberg, MD, one of the Emory researchers.

Nevertheless, any chance of being infected may be too high for some people. Furthermore, according to two reviews published in the February and April 1998 issues of the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, oral sex can also be a route of transmission for other sexually transmitted diseases.

Take it as you will. But like I said before just get checked.....and make sure to stay safe!!!!!!! I love my sexboarders too much!

~oh oh it could be a urinary tract infection!!!~ :confused:

what cant this kitty do?? :love: you took this time to look for an article... whos a better modertator then you?!!! :heart:

yes gabo my love ~ you're awesome as well... but youre only good for cetain things... ;) not that theres anything wrong with that... :D

Perhaps it's a yeast infection? Guys get those too - and antibiotics would only make it worse.

Most STDs are curable if caught early (the ones caused by bacteria). The ones that are viral - HIV, herpes and warts (or HPV) are not curable. Thank god you tested negative for HIV - get tested again in 6 months to be sure.

A boyfriend gave me herpes a few years ago - I thought it was the end of the world but really, it's just a minor recurring viral skin infection. 90% of the US population get cold sores on their mouth and no one treats them like a leper - that's the herpes type 1 virus in action. 20% of the population has herpes type 2 (aka genital) (1 in 5!!!) and they say that 3 out of 4 of those people don't know they have it. Safer oral sex is a drag but very important!

If someone has oral herpes (and most of us do!) you can transmit it to your partner's gential area via oral sex when you have a cold sore - or even when the virus is active - and you can't always know when it's active.

Get checked out for your peace of mind and whatever may be - just remember that it's not the end of the world. If you're in the clear - I'm thrilled for you and hope that you'll be as careful as you can in the future.

I'm thankful I only got herpes. It could have been HIV and I'm gonna make sure there's no "next time I have unsafe sex."

My partners have been cool about the herpes thing and super about having safer sex. My boyfriend doesn't have it and this after we've been together for a year. :)

You'll be fine. {{Hugs}}

Originally posted by wildangel

My boyfriend of four months has been having some irritation in his penis for some time now, ever since I met him. He was convinced it was an allergic reaction from some warming massage oil or something, and when we both got tested for HIV, we were negative. Last night, the burning in his penis was so bad he had to go to the hospital, and they told him it was probably an STD. He had no idea, and when he told me my heart sank.

So far I the only thing I've done is give him blow jobs, with and without a condom, and I have had semen in my mouth. But we have NOT had sex.

a) what he could have? his penis looks fine, but it's been "burning" for almost five or six months now, and he's been having what he describes as "bladder spasms." The doctors put him on a ton of antibiotics, and they're waiting for the test results now.

B) COULD I HAVE AN STD??????????????? I'm so scared right now. I've never had one before, and I feel like I'm going to throw up/cry. What are the odds I do? I don't have health insurance, and I'm so sick to my stomach right now I'm kind of disoriented and need to go lie back down, as a matter of fact.

Please help. :worry2: I don't want to have to break up with him over this because I do care about him a lot. I don't know what to do.

IMO

It sounds to me like an infection.

From what I have read I don't think you can transmit an STD orally. But don't quote me on that!

If you love him and care about him, you guys will work it out!

GG

Originally posted by glowgirl

From what I have read I don't think you can transmit an STD orally. But don't quote me on that!

I'm sorry to say, but you can definitely get STD's orally. People can get throat infections that are gonhorrea, you can get genital herpes in your mouth (although you're MUCH MORE likely to get oral herpes genitally... the oral herpes virus likes to live both places while the genital herpes virus is more discriminating), and while I'm not 100% sure I'd bet you can get warts on your face from coming in contact with someone who has the human papilloma virus (HPV or genital warts)..... and most important to know, you can DEFINITELY get HIV from oral sex. While oral sex is "safer" than vaginal or anal sex it is not 100% safe. Grab some saran wrap and wrap that thing up before you go down!

sexuality.org has a lot of good info on STD's (and other, more fun aspects of sexuality) I highly recommend it.

Getting herpes made me become an "expert" on STD's - I only wish I had become one before... I probably wouldn't have gotten it!

Still, my fingers are crossed that nothing is wrong with our original poster... it really could just be some sort of other infection. Please educate yourself now and keep yourself safe.

Originally posted by scorpiogirl72

I'm sorry to say, but you can definitely get STD's orally. People can get throat infections that are gonhorrea, you can get genital herpes in your mouth (although you're MUCH MORE likely to get oral herpes genitally... the oral herpes virus likes to live both places while the genital herpes virus is more discriminating), and while I'm not 100% sure I'd bet you can get warts on your face from coming in contact with someone who has the human papilloma virus (HPV or genital warts)..... and most important to know, you can DEFINITELY get HIV from oral sex. While oral sex is "safer" than vaginal or anal sex it is not 100% safe. Grab some saran wrap and wrap that thing up before you go down!

sexuality.org has a lot of good info on STD's (and other, more fun aspects of sexuality) I highly recommend it.

Getting herpes made me become an "expert" on STD's - I only wish I had become one before... I probably wouldn't have gotten it!

Still, my fingers are crossed that nothing is wrong with our original poster... it really could just be some sort of other infection. Please educate yourself now and keep yourself safe.

Like I said before Don't Quote me on it!!!!!!!

On top of all this, the guy has to make sure he isn't allergic to the spermicidal agent on the condem. Some guys have adverse reactions to the spermicidal lubricant, some females too.

Most likely though, it is the clapp but you two need to get tested. A shot of penicillin or other antibotic is all that is necessary.

HIV doesn't cause burning in the penis and the HIV particle cannot survive in water let alone in the acidity of saliva. There have been no doucmented cases of HIV transimisson though oral sex. More myths about HIV can be read about here: http://www.virusmyth.com

icon9.gif

Guest bellaragazza
Originally posted by wildangel

a friend had the same symptoms and it was an infection.