Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my vicious review

this was my first time going to roxy and i must say i was very dissapointed, the place it self i didn't like, and the dj i didnt like.... its so funny when people think he is soo good to me, he plays music that was new like 3 years ago, he has no sense of progression in his sets like digweed for example nor does he create the journey like mr. van dyk, but i guess this is why hes a local dj, he plays one track after another like an amateur and thats a no no, the place itself i was not thrilled about, i heard the system was much better now so i was excited to hear this , i was thinking it might be a couple steps below phazon but i was sadly disapointed, when he went hard the sound was so distorted that it almost sounded like someone was drilling... the sound could be better but that place is way to big... although i was not expecting twilo here, i thought it would be alot better than this, we need our european talent !!

i don't know about anyone else, but when im in a club, i came there to dance my ass off. so i want nothing but hard beats. i don't really care if there's progression or not, as long as they're hard and keep coming.

you can't really go all out with digweed. not that im saying he's a bad dj, it's just more of like listening music, rather than dancing. cause if you just listen you can appreciate the builds and progression much more.

i apologize dj mike for i do not know about vicous, hence my review was about the night and his music not his life and his following, obviously i do not know you and what you know about true clubland (not exit like clubs) but believe me he is not an international star, theres a reason why the big boys are the big boys, go to europe one summer preferably germany, there you will see people spinning exactly what and how vicious spins and then you will realize they are young teenage amateurs, what i meant when i said local wasnt so much about his following but his musical talent as a dj, its local with local boundaries , he will never be an international star because he does not have the talent for it... he may indeed have a following but believe me, those people do not know real good music is...

;)

In response to your review..you're a fucking moron

If all you want is hard beats then keep jerking yourself off. You obviously have to assert your identity through negative attention and are using club planet as a vehicle to be heard. the roxy friday party is a combination of a few things.

first its being built as a social scene based on

relationships, hospitality friendships, good music and a common denominator thats called fun. Vicious has been to europe from Germany, Japan, Italy, London plus many other countries and has been welcomed and given respect by the worlds top djs He has produced and remixed more artists than you've got hair on your balls. Vicious understands that this party is not twilo, its not vynal nor does it pretend to be anything other then a fun party for everyone. when vicious played the factory and the tunnel he played hard non stop and blew everyone away. fifty percent of the crowd at the roxy are female. Many many requests are for vocals as well as hard beats. If the vibe at roxy is not for you and perhaps your vibe is not for the roxy,... fine.. then don"t come. But before you disrespect anyone or anything without doing the research... think before you type.

i really think your missing the point here buddy, i made two statements , one being i personally dont think he is a good dj, and 2 i dont like the place itself, i never said anything about the vibe, the vibe i thought wasnt that bad and yes people were friendly, vicious understanding that the party is not twilo or vinyl has nothing to do with playing like shit, if he was playing for a little private birthday party does that mean he should be playing some happy 80's tunes..., next i personally dont care that much for hard beats, its not only what u play but more importantly how u play it, vicious being in european countries does not make him an international talent, how many professional djs do u know that have not been outside the states, and he has the respect of top world djs is something im not so sure about, maybe on the outside he does, theres a big difference in respect as far as the top dj talents get and vicious does for example

Originally posted by mutiny

johnny is an excellent dj. roxy has achieved the hottest friday parties. that's all i have to say.

did you smoke to much crack????? i wont say anythign bad about jv cause i really don't liek his music and dont loisten to it but this party is the farthest thing from the hottest friday night party. personally vinyl is the hottest fri night party. when jv can keep a residency fpr more then 3 years then i might agree with you.l

no offence to vicious, but THE REASON he got big is because of the way he used to play in Tunnel and Factory. In my opinion his name is associated with hard trance he used to play, and much respect to him for that. now, he is trying something else at Roxy and its obiously not working. I have been goin there almost every friday, and each time i see less and less people. Sure he can satisfy the Exit "crowd", but how long are they gona last?

P.S bring back your sound Vicious, and we'll love you again :love::love::love:

Originally posted by joejaxson

In response to your review..you're a fucking moron

If all you want is hard beats then keep jerking yourself off. You obviously have to assert your identity through negative attention and are using club planet as a vehicle to be heard. the roxy friday party is a combination of a few things.

first its being built as a social scene based on

relationships, hospitality friendships, good music and a common denominator thats called fun. Vicious has been to europe from Germany, Japan, Italy, London plus many other countries and has been welcomed and given respect by the worlds top djs He has produced and remixed more artists than you've got hair on your balls. Vicious understands that this party is not twilo, its not vynal nor does it pretend to be anything other then a fun party for everyone. when vicious played the factory and the tunnel he played hard non stop and blew everyone away. fifty percent of the crowd at the roxy are female. Many many requests are for vocals as well as hard beats. If the vibe at roxy is not for you and perhaps your vibe is not for the roxy,... fine.. then don"t come. But before you disrespect anyone or anything without doing the research... think before you type.

you definatly took the words right out of my mouth

Originally posted by undergr0und

no offence to vicious, but THE REASON he got big is because of the way he used to play in Tunnel and Factory. In my opinion his name is associated with hard trance he used to play, and much respect to him for that. now, he is trying something else at Roxy and its obiously not working. I have been goin there almost every friday, and each time i see less and less people. Sure he can satisfy the Exit "crowd", but how long are they gona last?

P.S bring back your sound Vicious, and we'll love you again :love::love::love:

WERD

couldnt' have said it better myself..

sooo...

the fact that his cd's are selling world-wide and people in EUROPE are buying them--those people don't know music either?

For you to assume that the people you see at roxy is what his entire following is made of---

and

for you to assume you know about me....asking me to spend a summer in germany when i've spent one in london and one in Italy traveling all over and going to many clubs seeing many dj's--

it looks like you're real big on ASSUMING

and thats not good to do...esp. on here.

Joe, Cody - this topic is done, you can't educate the closed minded so let them think what they want--:idea:

Mike BuGouT

"we need our european talent !! "

Our european talent? What ever happened to supporting our own, (AMERICANS) and half of "them" suck overseas, mostly hype. I love a lot of european djs but i think its time we should start supporting our own kind.

yo mike, i think all the peeps on here are fuckin morons, they have no sense of how this world is supposed to work, most of em go to a party once, dont have any amazing thind=gs to say about it, and then write it off. i personally am gettin pretty sick of it myself, but whatever i guess... as for all of you who i am referring to... eat this :blown: :blown: