Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ferry Corsten - April 5 @ Exit

DaVe

Ok, so let me start off by saying that Ferry Corsten is probably the nicest, most down to earth guy that I have ever met. He also provided what is without a doubt one of my best club nights ever.

We headed down to DC last night to hang out with the DC board members and catch his set at Glow and all I can say is that it was amazing! He had the crowd pumped and moving all night long...chanting for 1 more song as he shut down at 4:15am. We had the chance to hang out with Ferry in the DJ booth, which, if you've never been to Glow, is at eye level with the crowd and a truly amazing experience. I do not know why more DJ booths are not set up that way -- all these places with the DJ booth way up high away from the crowd are totally off. When you can see the crowd in front of you, pulsing, swaying, moving, chanting...what an amazing experience. I was a few feet behind Ferry looking out over the crowd and all I can say is that it was such a rush watching as he would bring them up and down all night.

After the show, we headed out to breakfast with Ferry, his manager, and some of the guys from Glow. So, of course, I had to ask him when he was coming to New York and he told me he was booked for Exit on April 5. His first appearance in NYC! He was scheduled for Twilo the weekend it closed, and is really looking forward to playing NYC. So, no matter what your feelings on Exit are, do not miss this night if you even have the least interest in trance. His performance is electryifying and his live stuff sounds better than some DJs studio work.

Special thanks to all the guys at Glow for hooking us up and running one of the best club nights on the East Coast. NYC promoters and venue owners could learn a lot from the way these guys run their business... We'll have all the pictures up later this week.

See you all April 5 at Exit.

Originally posted by lavendermenace

STILL not good enough to get me to step foot in EXIT.

:tongue:

right now i'm thinking the same .. bit i've never seen him live b4 so i'll see. and who knows maybe the crowd will change in a matter of a few months.:D

Ferry is not only my favorite Dj, but he's also the king of progressive trance............

i'm definately there. i would never miss it. i remember he was supposed to play at twilo, but then they closed it down. i thought ferry would not come back to NY, but he's coming and its going to be off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!