Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MY Mission Statement about The Scene

djdekan

well....unfortunately, when you have 3000 people going to a club, there is going to be lines.....as a matter of fact, I think Space does a pretty good job of getting everyone in in an orderly fashion....it's not like some clubs where there is a big mob outside the club and the doorman picks people out of a crowd....at Space if you stand in line you're in...

I've never waited in line and I don't know any doorman.

Well said Oscar....

what outrageous prices?? are the prices any more than any comparable venue in town? what are you talking about? cover? drinks? parking? think about a night on the beach......I'd say you spend alot more if you are across the causeway from Space....

$20 is what you pay any where you go.

Again well said.

Only thing is I do think if not all a large part is about music. At least for me it is cause I love the music. And that is a great part of the reason why i go. But its all love we all got are opinions and i respect that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djoscarg

what outrageous prices?? are the prices any more than any comparable venue in town? what are you talking about? cover? drinks? parking? think about a night on the beach......I'd say you spend alot more if you are across the causeway from Space....

you're actually right... the prices are comparable... maybe i just feel like in this particular venue i'm not getting what i paid for.

I've never met a doorman I liked

too bad for you

we can't all hang with the elite A-crowd like yourself...

well, at least you were right with ONE thing.

you're actually right... the prices are comparable... maybe i just feel like in this particular venue i'm not getting what i paid for.

Not getting what u paid for??:laugh::laugh:Let's see... hmmm, for $20 you get 3-4 rooms--all with different music formats & decor, one of the best sound systems around, not to mention the state of the art lighting. All this plus a 24 hour liquor license in a club that stays open for over a good 14-16 hours of non-stop parting...

Hold on we haven't even got the music yet-- A more than talented group of residents & The Best international Guest Djs money can buy...

Very Resonable prices on drinks & parking. What else do u want, half ownership for the $20 you spend @ the door??

Hey, I mean it's no disney world, but I think Mickey would agree that Space offers pretty much for your buck...

P.s. we're working on installing a ferris wheel & a virtual reality roller coaster with complementary cotton candy for your enjoyment... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BiZ

Club Space www.clubspin.com

Club Spin www.clubspace.com

Originally posted by biznation00

Not getting what u paid for??:laugh::laugh:Let's see... hmmm, for $20 you get 3-4 rooms--all with different music formats & decor, one of the best sound systems around, not to mention the state of the art lighting. All this plus a 24 hour liquor license in a club that stays open for over a good 14-16 hours of non-stop parting...

Hold on we haven't even got the music yet-- A more than talented group of residents & The Best international Guest Djs money can buy...

Very Resonable prices on drinks & parking. What else do u want, half ownership for the $20 you spend @ the door??

Hey, I mean it's no disney world, but I think Mickey would agree that Space offers pretty much for your buck...

P.s. we're working on installing a ferris wheel & a virtual reality roller coaster with complementary cotton candy for your enjoyment... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BiZ

Club Space www.clubspin.com

Club Spin www.clubspace.com

Biz you cant please everybody, like someone said earlier, most of your posts here are defending Space, and I dont think they need to be, ignore the ignorance and keep up the good work!!!!

:D

Biz you cant please everybody, like someone said earlier, most of your posts here are defending Space, and I dont think they need to be, ignore the ignorance and keep up the good work!!!!

thanx mikey... makes me laugh at times & beside, if guys like me, didn't defend Space, then who will?? I know Space is all grownz up now & it speaks for itself...

"get up!! Stand up!! Stand up for your right!!"

"get up!! Stand up!! Don't give up the fight!!" <<<---- B. Marley

BiZ

Biz and Oscar are right. Comparing Rain to Space is like comparing apples to oranges. They're both round, that's about it.

I go to Rain to 'lounge' I sit down and have a few with my friends with the appropriate music in the background. DHM-style tunes would not fit at Space, it's not the right environment...and PvD would not go over at Rain, either.

I go to Space to be blown away...I could give a rats ass about VIP there, because I'm certainly not sitting down. Even when I'm doing photography there, I'm doing my 'camera dance'. Only time I use VIP at Space is if I see something I want to grab an image of, or if friends of mine are there and I want to say hello.

Doorpeople, the dreaded doorpeople....I can say I'm glad Space transferred Stefan to Spin, his way is more suited to the beach. The doorgirl (I still have yet to remember her name!) is holding up just well. Working, or just out for fun, I've never had issues with her...whoever you are, keep up the good work...

But as far as doorpeople being a problem, that's pretty much a given, most of the time...not gonna change, so I figure forget 'em.

I personally love RAIN! I also agree with whoever it was that stated that RAIN and Crobar cannot really be compared since one is small and the other is a mega club. It's all up to what your in the mood for and what kind of vibe floats your boat!:)

I think that perhaps Rain has a couple of areas that need some tweeking.........but I love how DHM spins........and I love the casual vibe.........I feel like it's more about the music rather than the drugs and the hook up scene. :tongue:

But then again I respect everyones views and I think that it's great that we could openly discuss different opinions about the scene..........I say.........go where you have fun and enjoy it while it lasts because before long...........our fav clubs start closing while others have new beginnings!:D;)

Guys, this is getting ridiculous.....I don't think Biz or Oscar should even waste anymore typing on this. You may have beef with Space, but it is the only club in town of it's kind and there is no denying that.

If you want to go to Rain instead of Space, so what? Like Pod said, it's like comparing apples to oranges.....

Whatever is talked about here obviously does not have even the smalles impact on people going to either club. Obviously Space is doing something right if they're getting the big crowds as usual.......stop arguing already......it's getting nowhere and quick...

you know what they say about opinions.......

I guess real music is a matter of personal taste.......

how often do you go to Space?

yeah i do know what they say about opinions. and you consider what you play "real" music right? leave your condescending remarks at home. or more like it...at space.

point is...i don't go to space. i don't like the place. i don't like the people there. i don't like having to dress up like i'm going to a wedding...just to go to a club. i don't like the fact that 80% or more of the people there are on drugs. i don't like the fact that they pretty much rape you for buying a drink. space cannot buy a vibe. they try to week in and week out. did i knock your music? no i didn't. so don't try to sound like you're god's gift to the music scene. those on drugs highly outnumber your following. THAT does not constitute a vibe i'm so sorry to tell you.

a vibe begins at the door and ends in the booth. something space sorely lacks. i have said nothing bad about you or your music. and i won't either. but this will be the last time i reply to one of your posts. funny how some ppl take the low road out.

Phrank: that's good that u stand up for what u believe-- before you say Space isn't the place, try convincing the 4,000+ peepz that walk thru the doors @ Space every weekend. I'm sure somewhere out in the darkness, lies another answer aside from Rain. Prank, pass da cornbread on tha' ban' wagin'??

Dekan: Wow, I guess Space isn't doin' such a bad job after all... right phrank??

Biz

Club Space

Club Spin www.clubspin.com

dude, you ppl are totally missing my point. someone was just complaining about a vibe, and i simply said that space doesnt' really have one. who cares if there are 4000+ ppl there every weekend. so because of that, that means that there is a vibe? i don't think so. it just means that there are a lot of ppl who have a lot of money and want to get fucked up every weekend.

numbers do not equal a vibe. granted there are many individuals that create their own vibe. but as a club in general...space doesn't have a clue as to what a vibe should be. and it's always had great potential.

now that i've stopped off to take a piss...time to jump back on the bandwagon. :)

See that's where you are wrong... I've given credit where it's due to many other parties: Crobar, Livingroom, etc...

this is true, you have definitely done this!

I'm sure I'm not going to change your mind but I really don't believe you can be objective about complaints even though you really try to be :)

IMO only people that have nothing to do with the business can be truly objective critics.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

yeah i do know what they say about opinions. and you consider what you play "real" music right? leave your condescending remarks at home. or more like it...at space.

point is...i don't go to space. i don't like the place. i don't like the people there. i don't like having to dress up like i'm going to a wedding...just to go to a club. i don't like the fact that 80% or more of the people there are on drugs. i don't like the fact that they pretty much rape you for buying a drink. space cannot buy a vibe. they try to week in and week out. did i knock your music? no i didn't. so don't try to sound like you're god's gift to the music scene. those on drugs highly outnumber your following. THAT does not constitute a vibe i'm so sorry to tell you.

a vibe begins at the door and ends in the booth. something space sorely lacks. i have said nothing bad about you or your music. and i won't either. but this will be the last time i reply to one of your posts. funny how some ppl take the low road out.

HUH?

There must be some misunderstanding here....I really don't see what I have posted here that would merrit this type of response...

condescending remarks???

trying to sound like I am God's gift to music???

low road out???

I actually agree with alot of the stuff that has been said on here about Space.....where is this coming from? help me understand...

BTW:by stating that: if you are looking for real music, Space is not the place to go......you are knocking my music.....but I respect anyone's opinion, that's why I said "real music is a matter of personal taste"

There must be some misunderstanding here....I really don't see what I have posted here that would merrit this type of response...

Your right you haven't said anything to deserve a response that bashes your music. You voiced your opinion on djdekan's topic that had too do with certain people and their use of substances. Then this turned into a lets bash everything about Space.

BTW:by stating that: if you are looking for real music, Space is not the place to go......you are knocking my music.....but I respect anyone's opinion, that's why I said "real music is a matter of personal taste"

Amen to that....I'm the first to say I'm at Space every weekend to listen to you your music. For people to say that Space has no vibe is just pure ignorance. I know I'm dancing all night(blueroom, patio,and basement) and won't stop till its time to go. Thats a vibe....and believe me I'm not the only one dancing. Ya, you will find some who are just sitting around, but hey you can't control what everyone does. The vibe is there, maybe Space just doesn't do it for you and thats fine but to knock someone's talent because you don'tlike the venue or the type of music he plays, whoever the DJ is is a sign of ignorance.

PS. To all those who bring us the vibes at Space keep up the good work.

Originally posted by bbflux

WHAT????

Fuck you, Joey :finger:;):tongue:

What, Barbie you're not 19? *My post does not apply to all my cool cats at Clubplanet. ;) I was actually making reference to that scary "SHIM" that always cruises around the club in "its" freaky cowboy boots!

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I'm sure I'm not going to change your mind but I really don't believe you can be objective about complaints even though you really try to be :)

IMO only people that have nothing to do with the business can be truly objective critics.

the complaints just seem more like, a bunch of wrangling. the extraneous commentary; which seems to permeate through this board. makes me sick. kind of gives the feel of the GU board. just rip anything we don’t like. then proclaim it's about the music and the vibe. more fawking boring miami cp drama.:zzz:

Originally posted by sobeton

the complaints just seem more like, a bunch of wrangling. the extraneous commentary; which seems to permeate through this board. makes me sick. kind of gives the feel of GU board. just rip anything we don’t like. then proclaim it's about the music and the vibe. more fawking boring miami cp drama.:zzz:

I don't understand this 'cause it doesn't make any sense......if you really knew the kind of person GA2 is.........you would know that he never chooses sides when it comes to "the scene"....and if the board is soooooooo full of drama that you don't like........then why post????????

I really don't mean to get on your a** sobe.........but it just doesn't make any sense!!!!:rolleyes:

Gee Whiz...............don't take this offensively.........because I really don't mean that way!:)

Peace.

No matter what club you go to or no matter what place you go to ..no one place puts a gun to your head and makes u do Drugs , Drink , smoke etc,,,,Its all the same to me. Its not like the clubs are handing you out tabs at the entrance and etc.. Back in the day in NYC you would get a waxed covered paper with a tab on it so u could get fucked up. Drugs have and probably will always be a part of the Club world. Its up to u what u do with your time at the club...Last time I check a few of us are grown adult..well let me restate that some of us try to act like adults. Trance Hip Hop House ,,,etc draws different type of people that are into different types of things..I think thats why I love music so much....where else can i be around a person who brings down 100k or 20 k a year. I cant think any other type of event that does that.

The thing I really hate about the Miami Board is that if you are not down with house ( House Head ) you are percieved as wrong..wich is BS. 90 % of this board are house heads...Wich I have no problem with..Hey thats your preference and who am I or you to say thats right or wrong...I respect that and wish the rest of you would.

P.S

At one time or another I have seen u all Fubared ,,im not talking Drinking