Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl Fridays "Officially" suck

voice

oh please keep arguing and repeating yourselves because this is so entertaining..........

okay to establish my credentials: I've been clubbing for 10 years (thank goodness for fake ids back in the day :) )

I got everywhere from bars and lounges to limelight to vinyl to Cractory to Webster Hall to Centro to smaller venues all around the city. I spent a year in London experiencing their clubs which was great. Miami, Boston.......

All I have to say is although I'm more of a Vinyl chick (think dress codes are silly) I can't stand it when people generalize. I used to hit Vinyl every Friday and SF ever sat/sun until I just got board with hearing the same dj and the same music ever sat when I could be hearing a vast array if I went somewhere else.

In defense of SF: I have many many friends there. A lot of them go sober around 3-5am and close it out 12 hours later... they are normal people who wear sneakers (if you're a regular Paris really doesn't look at your shoes or id) and dress casual.. they stay on the dancefloor and in the basement on the dancefloor most of the time.

I remember when my friends started to hear about Factory after it moved and wanted to go, but I didn't feel comfortable about the "stereotype" the club presented. the dresscode, bulky men and beautiful women..... I remembered looking at the website and reading about Love and lust coming together in one special night or something.... I really didn't want to hear about the people or hook-up possiblities.....what about the music? so I didn't go finally I met a guy who would give me recordings from SF the music was so deep and hard I loved it..... finally I told my friend Michelle she could pop my SF cherry and we went.... unfortunately she is a great girl, but she is into the "dress up in sexy clothes and platform high heels and talk to all the juiceheads she knows" thing.... I hated that I wanted to dance...... then I met the Russians :) and the breakers and all the cool people who are on the dancefloor and basement Okay, the crowd hanging by the bars and couches is repulsive (the men and fake women) but once you get past that (use the basement coat check and bathroom) it's all good

In Vinyl's defense: Vinyl use to be a place to get away from (not all SF heads, but) the crowd by the bar the over stuffed women and pushy men without manners........ Vinyl was cool no drunks falling over, not that many drugs, because no one "needed" them to survive the morning.........no dress codes, comfy sneakers and great tunes I talked to everone and never minded going alone if my friends didn't feel up to it... the first time I noticed a change was actually the weekend following the closing of Twilo.... Danny gave everyone a warming not to ruin Vinyl Fridays.........

It isn't a matter of a certain crowd it's a matter of uneducated or ill-mannered clubbers who don't go out for the music.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree, been goin for 2 years and the quality of people has seemed to change drastically, factory heads in their doin their corny "jump start the motorcycle" dance moves just makes me sick. very rarely do you get a good vibe on friday nites, i think the last time was when it was danny's birthday. sat nites are good plenty of room and the crowd is very friendly.

Originally posted by £ddie

..Neither I, nor girly, nor nychic, nor neena16 nor djdanfury, nor piro8, nor bmw4jay, nor any of the other Factory heads I've met from this board fall into the pretentious asshole category. So be a little more narrow in your characterizations and don't try to make us guilty by association. . .

Good lookin out. ;) As for the people who think I am "a factory juicehead/guido/fistpumper..you couldnt be further off. I myself am not a factory Friday person...definitely Sunday afternoons. But all of these Vinyl defenders mention us as being part of a "bad-vibe crew":confused:Are you saying theres not a good vibe Sunday afternoons(or evenings) at SF ? I mean, its a stereotype. Majority this, mostly that....you're accusations may be correct on a whole, but please don't put me in a category that I am not a part of. You just have to realize that when you say, "Oh...hes a "factoryhead".".......he may not be a fistpumping, juiced-up guido...;)

Originally posted by bmw4jay

Good lookin out. ;) As for the people who think I am "a factory juicehead/guido/fistpumper..you couldnt be further off. I myself am not a factory Friday person...definitely Sunday afternoons. But all of these Vinyl defenders mention us as being part of a "bad-vibe crew":confused:Are you saying theres not a good vibe Sunday afternoons(or evenings) at SF ? I mean, its a stereotype. Majority this, mostly that....you're accusations may be correct on a whole, but please don't put me in a category that I am not a part of. You just have to realize that when you say, "Oh...hes a "factoryhead".".......he may not be a fistpumping, juiced-up guido...;)

i totally agree with u. but u gotta admit that there is a large portion of SF goers that do the whole fist pumping feet stomping stationary dance move thing. it sux to generalize...but i was just tired of everyone on this thread being so damn broad..

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i totally agree with u. but u gotta admit that there is a large portion of SF goers that do the whole fist pumping feet stomping stationary dance move thing..

Perhaps....but that's what Circle Police are there for. I know they aint gettin into the circle....:D

Well. Just staring at this topic, i can see why so many people hate NYC nightlife...

because we are one of the ONLY cities where all the different factions/music lovers and club crowds HATE each other instead of living among each other. There is no respect here for anyone or anything. I'm sick of it.

fuck NYC, fuck all this bullshit. I don't hate on anyone unless they hate on me, but it seems that so many people love to just HATE. Period.

I defended vinyl because it was my home. I felt comfortable there and i felt like i was part of one big family.

It doesn't feel that way anymore. I didn't change. Vinyl changed.

THAT"S IT. FULL STOP. END OF FUCKING ARGUMENT.

HOW it changed can be debated for a million years. I don't fucking care. All of you people can go to fucking hell for all i care.

The only thing i constantly see on this board is HATE. Whenever we point out a few bad things, instantly everyone points fingers at everyone else. I've done it and i'm fucking ashamed.

Can we just shut the fuck up and co-fucking-exist together already?

God no wonder NYC has such a lame nightlife. There is no FAMILY there. Cut the bullshit out and RESPECT each other, starting here on this fucking board and extending out to the dancefloor, the street corner, and every fucking point inbetween.

THAT is the ONLY thing that will make things better for any of us.

Originally posted by cintron

Well. Just staring at this topic, i can see why so many people hate NYC nightlife...

because we are one of the ONLY cities where all the different factions/music lovers and club crowds HATE each other instead of living among each other. There is no respect here for anyone or anything. I'm sick of it.

fuck NYC, fuck all this bullshit. I don't hate on anyone unless they hate on me, but it seems that so many people love to just HATE. Period.

I defended vinyl because it was my home. I felt comfortable there and i felt like i was part of one big family.

It doesn't feel that way anymore. I didn't change. Vinyl changed.

THAT"S IT. FULL STOP. END OF FUCKING ARGUMENT.

HOW it changed can be debated for a million years. I don't fucking care. All of you people can go to fucking hell for all i care.

The only thing i constantly see on this board is HATE. Whenever we point out a few bad things, instantly everyone points fingers at everyone else. I've done it and i'm fucking ashamed.

Can we just shut the fuck up and co-fucking-exist together already?

God no wonder NYC has such a lame nightlife. There is no FAMILY there. Cut the bullshit out and RESPECT each other, starting here on this fucking board and extending out to the dancefloor, the street corner, and every fucking point inbetween.

THAT is the ONLY thing that will make things better for any of us.

And that cintron, is why I think siceone's suggestion of an all inclusive of all the four mega clubs in the sity area in one week-end together would be such a great thing.

Granted, the whole theory of PLUR is dead except for a few small pockets and now its a me vs. them scenario with NYC nightlife when it shouldn't even be like that.

Think about this again people.....and this goes for anyone that is down to chill one entire weekend together.

Exit, Roxy, SF, and Vinyl

Roxy then Vinyl on Friday......Exit then SF on Saturday.

All of us "haters" on the board.....all quit the bullshit for one weekend and all go out together and go to all the places with the distinctly different crowds. We will also hit the four most popular djs in town.

Think about it people, we all come together one weekend and enter each other's world and see for ourselves. Not only that, we finally put back the bickering and go for what is the truly the main factor to our scene MUSIC.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

And that cintron, is why I think siceone's suggestion of an all inclusive of all the four mega clubs in the sity area in one week-end together would be such a great thing.

Granted, the whole theory of PLUR is dead except for a few small pockets and now its a me vs. them scenario with NYC nightlife when it shouldn't even be like that.

Think about this again people.....and this goes for anyone that is down to chill one entire weekend together.

Exit, Roxy, SF, and Vinyl

Roxy then Vinyl on Friday......Exit then SF on Saturday.

All of us "haters" on the board.....all quit the bullshit for one weekend and all go out together and go to all the places with the distinctly different crowds. We will also hit the four most popular djs in town.

Think about it people, we all come together one weekend and enter each other's world and see for ourselves. Not only that, we finally put back the bickering and go for what is the truly the main factor to our scene MUSIC.

Exactly....I am getting impatient with this!! I want this mega-weekend to happen soon. Siceone?? You still in charge bro...let us know when ..... Remember....Music is the Answer. ;)

Originally posted by girly

First of all you miserable biatch bahwawawa;) , i have said this before. The last time i was at sf was on thanksgiving eve. I am not an sf regular. Get *your* facts straight before you come saying something to me. Now i don't give off a negative vibe;) , I'm not the one who sits here and complains, complains, and complains and judges and hates. *HATER*. AND you still go to the places you complain about. Maybe try and have a good time instead of just taking up space with your friggin waste of life.:idea

you don't give off a negative vibe:laugh: :rolleyes: Your probably one of the biggest bitches on this board and as for complaining you do your share. Now I think the problem is that we are both arguing over stupid ass things and we are similiar in the fact that we are both biatches, but anyway I don't complain all the time, I was commenting on ghost's point. Perhaps your not an S/F regular but as I have had said before you are quick to defend it...I have noticed this through observation from your posts...if you have read on other posts of mine, I have no problem with what people prefer, go to SF go to Vinyl, go to Exit. i don't give a shit... Everyone can go have fun and we all have our own preferences :cool:....All I was trying to point out is that the vibe in Vinyl was dead and I agreed with some of ghost's points.

BTW, Cintron and Jon I agree with you guys....I'm done with this drama..I :love: you guys

On a side note:

Assumptive assholes who proclaim themselves elitist and think they know every detail about everyone beneath them should work on their vice by getting their facts straight and most importantly, getting a clue.

:blown: