Clubplanet Nightlife Community

gf vs parents

neptune1

here is my dilemna... my gf and parents didnt exactly hit it off upon meeting one another... they didnt really talk to her, and needless to say, she didnt have much to say to them. Now my gf is upset b/c one parent suggested I see the daughter of one of their friends(who i dont know and dont care to). I care deeply for my gf and dont want this to hurt us. After telling my parents how I felt for her, and that I refuse to see someone b/c they want me to, they resigned themselves to saying "she is nice, just very quiet... if she makes you happy, great."

now I'm not happy b/c my sweetie is upset :(

Guest bellaragazza
Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Maybe try having them meet up again over dinner or something and do your best to keep the conversation rolling. Sounds like it was just an unfortunate moment of awkwardness, but that can be fixed over with a second try.

yeah for sure, maybe she's just shy when it comes to meeting your parents

Originally posted by neptune1

here is my dilemna... my gf and parents didnt exactly hit it off upon meeting one another... they didnt really talk to her, and needless to say, she didnt have much to say to them. Now my gf is upset b/c one parent suggested I see the daughter of one of their friends(who i dont know and dont care to). I care deeply for my gf and dont want this to hurt us. After telling my parents how I felt for her, and that I refuse to see someone b/c they want me to, they resigned themselves to saying "she is nice, just very quiet... if she makes you happy, great."

now I'm not happy b/c my sweetie is upset :(

whooooooooaaaaaaa, this sound like something i went through before, my ex was jewish and i am not and his parents did NOT like me, let alone want me in their house, maybe you can be a stronger man than he was and NOT cave in to the wishes of your parents, in the end its you who has to be happy with your life and not your parents

Originally posted by f0xyminx

whooooooooaaaaaaa, this sound like something i went through before, my ex was jewish and i am not and his parents did NOT like me, let alone want me in their house, maybe you can be a stronger man than he was and NOT cave in to the wishes of your parents, in the end its you who has to be happy with your life and not your parents

great advice, thanx alot. i let the folks know that i only care to see my g/f and love her for who she is... they have mellowed out about this and keep their distance now with respect to my personal life. the way it should be, respecting my love for my girl :idea::love:

My dad is pretty cool about whoever I bring home, but girls parents always hate me. Probably because I have ink, and work in nightclubs. I fyour parents are being stupid you need to tell them just like that, "hey your being stupid". Sometimes they need that to get the point, or better yet show them this thread.