Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memorable parties......

vicman

What are some of the memorable parties that all of you have ever been to?

For whatever reason you consider them memorable....

-you and all of your crew were wasted, the music was out of this world,

-the atmosphere was amazing,

-you were on vacation and hit a spot that you always wanted to go to,

-the person you liked finally asked you out...or the you finally asked the person you liked out,

-you finally got to see the DJ's you always wanted to see,

-it was the night that you finally got introduced to a different type of scene...etc...

i dunno.....what were some of 'em?

Danny Howells Vinyl Labor Day - one of those rare nights when the crowd, music, atmosphere came together in perfect harmony!

Tanaglia and Digweed at Twilo - last time at Twilo, an amazing set, got to meet RaverMania and Madame Millie, was really f*ed up!

Oakenfold and D:Fuse at WMC, Shadow Lounge - totally sober, first time seeing D:Fuse, missed the plane we were having so much fun!

There are more - but that's what pops into my head first!

I really miss the nights at 5 w/ Buster and Whalen too. We owned the fun box!!!

I remember my first time at Twilo...I think it was Groove Armada, but thats besides the point, the vibe was just INCREDIBLE even if it was only Groove Armada and not someone else.

First time at Space in Miami...had a wild time, just ran amok all over the place.

First time at Buzz...it wasfor Boy George last year, but still I had a great time, and I was happy to know that there was a serious party place in DC where I would spend countless and endless nights...

Some random party in Tampa when I first got there in '96, at a place called The Edge in Ybor City (maybe Rico-Suavee88 has been there-dunno if the place still exists) going to undergrad back in Mexico really deprived me of any good partying since it was all tex-mex and cheesey spanish pop music.

And finally 2 years ago in Central Park during their Summer Concerts in the Park Series, they brough a chilean band called La Ley which I really like.....and it rained that afternoon during the concert so at the end everyone was muddy, dirty, wet and chairs were flying all ovr the place

:D

summer of love, st. louis, '98 - took a looong ass road trip just to hear chicago locals, but THAT was devotion, friendliest, most plurry party i've ever been to, free water, everyone was happy, hella nice, EVERVYONE dancing, breakin in the streets. . .

live on the decks 1, '98/'99? - my first boogietribe massive, never been to a party w/thousands and thousands. . .the vibe was on

after taking a 6 mo. break from elements, i remember parties by the music instaed of the name. . .

danny howells labor day weekend, fsho ;) . everything about that night was right. . .and that's where i met ruth and katie

derrick may/kevin saunderson, decadance, sometime after thanksgiving. . .another musical delight. . .dancing in one spot for almost 7 hours straight

most recently, the elite force party at the warehouse, you know how when you're first introduced to a new genre of music, it takes a while for you to get used to it, dance to it, and then just be able to groove to it? i'd heard breakbeat before, but just recently was reintroduced. . .this time it just worked, i was able to groove. . .

i could talk more about memorable not so good parties but. . .that's ok

S&D at Twilo, Septmber 2000. My first time at Twilo.

Honey Dew with Carl Cox and Josh Wink, February 2001. My first night partying 100% sober (despite how some of you have seen me recently I do party completely sober about half the time).

S&D at Twilo, March 2001. The night of the fire, of course.

Honey Dew 2 with Richie Hawtin. This one is based purely on the music. I had been digging techno for a while, but never got to hear much played out live. Richie kicked my ass. And some people said that they've heard much better from Richie than that. If he was off then I can't wait to hear him when he's "on".

Danny Howells at Vinyl, Labor Day 2001. A lot of you already know about that one.

Alex Whalen and Dave Ralph at Buzz, September 2001. Since the people I had nromally been clubbing with weren't anymore with the occasional exception of Rob (who some of you know) it was my first time out without them. I ended up going with Malanee and Raver Mania, Brian, Pete and Rob. So it was good to have the company of some CP folks. That was the best I've heard Whalen and Ralph sound. Whalen played the Bill Hamel remix of Gorecki by Lamb which is the only time I've heard it played out and I love that song. Ralph kept away from the trancey stuff. And the second song in his set was Scram by the Plump DJs and I love that song, too. It was a normal night at Buzz, but I just had so much fucking fun that it sticks out in my mind.

Originally posted by crank47

Didn't we do this thread back in December?

Ok, I'm thinkin'....

kinda sorta, but that was for BEST parteies of 2001...this is for best parties ever, and it doesnt have to be a club, or rave and it can be for whatever reason, not just the musicn and vibe....maybe it was the first time you totally got FUBAR and thats why you remember it...etc, etc.

Ok then... off the top of my head,

October 2000, Sasha and Digweed @Twilo. My first party in "the scene." Absolutely amazing.

September 2001, a real "special" party at the beach.

November 24, 2001, Ultraworld Radiate @DC Armory. Scott Henry and PvD were the stand outs of course. My first party with thousands of my closest friends. It was the sights, sounds, people and vibe that just thrilled me.

December 27, 2001, Sasha @Buzz. An amazing set (and he had the flu!), great vibe, lots of fun and met Malanee. :D

I have 2:

#1 My b-day summer 98 in Madrid. Club Kapital with the main head liner Roger Sanchez. Simply great funky deep house in a palace of a club. Atmosphere was amazing, surrounded by lots of dutch girls:D , and got totally wasted.

#2 Nov. 2000 @ Buzz with Danny Tenaglia. Best damn music I've ever experienced. The crowd was totally into it and I've never seen a DJ so much in control of the crowd. DT is a master in taking the crowd into a frenzy.

I have to include the worst experience. It was Halloween night in 1997 I think, and I went to underground in Arizona. Tickets were $30 and I bought 2, one for a girl I liked and one for me. The party sucked ass cuz the DJ's were horrible and the turnout was pathetic. The promoters didn't do their homework. I ended up sitting on some bleachers totally bored and embarrassed with the girl I took to the party.

Originally posted by zaguero

I have 2:

#1 My b-day summer 98 in Madrid. Club Kapital with the main head liner Roger Sanchez. Simply great funky deep house in a palace of a club. Atmosphere was amazing, surrounded by lots of dutch girls:D , and got totally wasted.

dont lie, you were there for the dutch boys :D

Love Parade in Berlin July 2000 - I've never seen anything like it! They close the streets of Berlin and 50 tractor trailers representing clubs and labels from all over the world do figure eights around freedom plaza. PVD and Carl Cox had trucks too. There were over 1 million people dancing in the streets, dressed in wild costumes. After the parade random djs set up their decks all over the city and people continued dancing in the streets. It was awesome!

There's so many more but like alot of you my first night at Twilo was one too, April 99 :)

Sure was, during Thanksgiving weekend. Funny thing was that his appearence wasn't announced until the week before the event and the place was jammed packed the day of.

What day that weekend? I went to Buzz for my first time that weekend on the Fridy after Thanksgiving. Oakenfold was there and my friends told me how great he was so we went there instead of back up to Twilo (which I was in love with by then). That was a good night, too, despite Oakie.

best party.....Queens day 2000 in Amsterdam was crazy, DJ's on every corner spinning evereything from 70's disco to to the hardest d&b i have ever heard, and people everywhere having a great time for two straight days.

Also Love Parade 2001, almost too many people there but will NEVER forget it. I have never seen so many topless gorgeous women in all my life.

Out of these two I would have to say Queens Day was best just cause it was spread out all over A-dam and the crowds were not that bad. And the people on the streets went from 8-80 blind crippled and crazy.

Originally posted by Kuro

What day that weekend? I went to Buzz for my first time that weekend on the Fridy after Thanksgiving. Oakenfold was there and my friends told me how great he was so we went there instead of back up to Twilo (which I was in love with by then). That was a good night, too, despite Oakie.

I forgot about Oakie! You're right, the day after DT, Oakie was at Buzz. So DT was there on Thursday. Was I the only present CP person there?

Danny Teneligia @ The Tunnel (NYC) several times (1997-1998)

Frankie Bones, Scott Henry, Feelgood, Carl Cox, DJ Dan @ The Capitol Ballroom several times(1997-1998)

Energize @ DC Armory (1998)

Crystal Method and BT @ 9:30 Club (1998)

Cyberteck 3 @ Roseland Ballroom (1999)

Sasha and Digweed @ Twilo several times (1999-2000)

Paul Van Dyk @ Twilo (2000)

Deep Dish @ Twilo (2000) and Buzz (2001)(2002)

LTJ Bukem, MC Conrad, DJ Spooky @ 9:30 Club (2000)(2001)

Sam "the Man" Burns @ Metro Cafe (2001)

Ron Trent @ 5 (2002)

I forgot about Oakie! You're right, the day after DT, Oakie was at Buzz. So DT was there on Thursday. Was I the only present CP person there?

I didn't know shit about Tenaglia then. I was new to the scene and still learning about the music. Now that I know he was there that night I have to say "fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck". I still have not gotten to see Tenaglia.

Originally posted by bail

oh yeah and Starscape in Baltimore (2000)

yeah I had a very good time that night. Scott Henry and Christopher Lawrence were awesome and the setting they had right next to the water where A Man Called Adam was, was also pretty darn good.

Originally posted by vicman

yeah I had a very good time that night. Scott Henry and Christopher Lawrence were awesome and the setting they had right next to the water where A Man Called Adam was, was also pretty darn good.

That was Starscape 2001.