Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cell Phones...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

heres the deal..ive had every single provider possible..my friend owns a cell phone store and ive picked up a few tricks along the way..i guess ill share them with u undeserving(he he) bastards who wont tell me how to put a Sig in my POSTS!!!!..n e way..the way to go is NEXTEL....yah their service is expensive but chek it out..get the phone use it..rock it for a mth..best thing to do is to get on someones credit line..THEN

1)Call up nextel

2)ask for the cancellation dept.

3) start bitching and moaning about how ur service is balls and

the reception sux

4) Dont Shut up..if u shut up u LOSE

5)Tell them ur at ur "WITS END" and that "UR A VALUABLE CUSTOMER WHO HAS NUMEROUS PEOPLE ON HIS/HER CREDIT LINE"

6)maintain an air of reasonability

7) dont get hostile

Next thing u know dude is cutting 15 dollars of ur mthly bill and adding an extra 300 minutes for 6 mths....might seem far fetched but ive done and it works

~~~ i was gonna get a nextel now i definetely wil get one!!! and u bet ill use that advice:D

I love My Nextel. Ive been with them for 2 years so far. 59.99 and i have never gone over my plans limits. Yes the "beep beep" Two - way sound gets alittle annoying but Reception is great, customer service is great, and I have never had a problem with them. my $.02

Originally posted by nycchic24

i have a nextel. A lil bit more expensive for $70 a month but it includes 400 free outgoing peak minutes, free nights and weekends, free long distance, free web browser, no roaming and my fave FREE INCOMING CALLS ANYTIME. i am never over my plan and i talk ALOT (avg about 2500 minutes a month) bc this is my primary phone. it also has the unlimted 2way feature too Coverage for the actual cell calls could be better but the 2way is very good. customer service is great though and i've never had a biling problems. of course there are cheaper service plans, and they just came out with smaller phones, one similar to the motorola v60.

I also have a nextel. I'm happy with it. I have 500 minutes during the day and unlimited nights and weekends. 2way radio is the best part:D

The service provider which is best for you depends on several things...the first is where you live. Then, how much air time you'll need (100 minutes vs 1000 minutes, etc), where you'll be doing most of your calling (why get a national plan if all your calls are local, etc), other features (roaming, voicemail, voice dialing, IM, etc)...varies by your needs. Yes, other people's input is valuable but ultimately you should go for a service that fits your needs.

Also, besides price point, find out where people have had problems or interruptions with their phone service (roaming, on the bus, etc)...

I used to have Verizon and I live in NJ...my phone didn't work in my apartment but it worked in the Holland Tunnel. I couldn't use it in Connecticut. Now I have Voicestream and it works everywhere and I've had no real service issues. I have national service and have travelled with it and had no problems.

. . . I have a nextel . . and with the exception of one friend who's phone doesn't like mine for some reason , I get crystal clear service, even in a high noise area . .. I've only travelled to one place that didn't have coverage, but it was out in BFE in NH . . .

. . . Everyone here is ranting about contracts. . here's a little known fact that you may not be aware of . . You can indeed get out of the contract within the first month . . My family got a Nextel for my mother , but we decided it was too expensive for what she needed. . The store gave us the runaround, but we called Nextel and demanded that they deactivate the service and refund us . . . 3 days after that we successfully returned it to the store and got credited for time not used . . .

sprint pcs customer retention plan:

$35.99/month

650 Anytime, 3000 N/W start 8pm, No extra charge wireless web, long distance, $200 credit towards new phone

you can get this hidden plan if you have been a customer for at least 1 year, call up *2, tell that whore claire cancel service, they automatically switch u to customer retention dept, tell them u hate sprint and your phone sucks and you are goin to switch to another carrier, they will automatically offer you this plan to stay with them another year, say i also want a new phone for free, most reps will also give u a credit. i did it in 10 minutes.

OK I've had EVERY single cell company in the NY Metro area and I'm back to Verizon again. As far as coverage and building penetration you are never going to beat Verizon! Get yourself a Dual band, Tri-mode phone from Verizon wireless and you'll be all set. If you really can't (or dont want to) pay their slightly higher monthly rates, then go with Voicestream, it works fairly solid around here- BUT if you travel anywhere thats farther then a few miles off any major highway (I-80, etc) then their roaming coverage is next to non-existant....AT&T just plain ol' sucks- stay FAR FAR away, everyone I know in this area (it works great in other states) hates their AT&T service, Nextel wasn't bad (that was my last phone) but coverage on Staten Island sucks, and coverage while driving is pretty bad too...

Bern

SPRINT PCS, LOVE IT

HAD IT FOR ABOUT 4YRS ALREADY.

MY NEWEST PLAN, ABIT PRICEY BUT CHEAPEST I CAN FIND.

2000 MINUTES PEAK

2500 NIGHTS N WEEKEND

UNLTD ONLINE ACCESS.

$150 A MONTH...

i usually total up a 220 a month bill with all the 411 calls... motherfuckers... i gotta find free 411 :-)