Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kuro, Joeygk, and anyone else with AudioGalaxy

I think I just found a cool little feature in AG that allows you to share MP3's directly w/ your buds. I created a group. And apparently, you can send MP3's directly to people in the group, so they don't have to search. If this works, then Kuro, we've solved our problem of sharing MP3 mixes.

I created a group. It's called "Groove Connection DC". Owned by me (shadygroove). To find it, go to www.audiogalaxy.com. Near the bottom, under "inside audiogalaxy", there's a link for "Groups". Click that, and then you can choose to search for a group by name. Search for "Groove Connection DC". There should be a way to join this group.

Anyone who wants in can join. If you've got mixes, I think this is a good way to share. I'll put the Saeed & Palash mix I just recorded on there. I'm also gonna start ripping some of my own mixes to MP3 and putting them in there.

Oh yeah. If you want to send an MP3 to the group. You go into AudioGalaxy, go to your user profile page, where it lists the MP3's in your directory, and you click the *SEND button next to the file you want to send to the group. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool, in theory. So someone hurry up and join so I can see if this really works.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Oh yeah. If you want to send an MP3 to the group. You go into AudioGalaxy, go to your user profile page, where it lists the MP3's in your directory, and you click the *SEND button next to the file you want to send to the group. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool, in theory. So someone hurry up and join so I can see if this really works.

I probably need cable modem or DSL for this right??:(

Originally posted by zaguero

NO! Damn @#$%*&@#$%@!@**&%## Firewall!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I do downloads somewhere between 18-24hours a day 7 days a week. All I have is a dial-up and it sucks but don't have cable or DSL in the area so I gotta live with it. But for a live set, as long as you don't loose connection, it will take pretty much all day to do it. Best thing to do, if you can find someone who is willing to let you do a direct copy from hard-drive to hard-drive, to copy 20G's it will take you about 6-8hours, depending on the speed of the two harddrive's.

Originally posted by Kuro

When you put mp3s of your mixes in your shared directory, Shady, can you see them in your list of shared files on AG?

I can see them myself, but I'm not sure if anyone else can see them. But I CAN see them in my profile, and I can send them from my profile page.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I can see them myself, but I'm not sure if anyone else can see them. But I CAN see them in my profile, and I can send them from my profile page.

When I tried that I couldn't seem my mix in my list of shared files even though it was in the shared directory. Strange.

Originally posted by Kuro

When I tried that I couldn't seem my mix in my list of shared files even though it was in the shared directory. Strange.

Sometimes the Satellite acts weird. It took me a couple tries to get new shit to show up in my shared directory. One thing is to make sure you name the file without too many dashes, cause I think Satellite assumes that dashes separate Artist/Track Title, etc.

One of my files was named:

S&D - Live on MTV2 - New Years - 2002-01-01.mp3

And Satellite listed the MP3 as "01".

Also, after putting your file into the shared directory, it helps to stop and start your Satellite Transport app.

Another thing I noticed was that if you define more than one share directory in your Transport, then Satellite sometimes gets confused.

While you guys are downloading from any of these shared directory site, i.e. audiogalaxy, morpheus, make sure that you are running your anti-virus program all the time. Expecially over morpheus cause they have no virus protection for incoming files. I have downloaded about 15-20 corrupted files from morpheus and about 3 or 4 from audiogalaxy.

Also Imesh.com that works pretty good for file sharing and group networking.

coolio shady! ima gonna join. :)

BUT i have my laptop w/ me, which only has 4.64 gigs of hard drive space (why? i dunno). my desktop at work is where i have most of my music stored, but i can't get to that for a while.

i have a few good sets on this laptop though.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

coolio shady! ima gonna join. :)

BUT i have my laptop w/ me, which only has 4.64 gigs of hard drive space (why? i dunno). my desktop at work is where i have most of my music stored, but i can't get to that for a while.

i have a few good sets on this laptop though.

You have about 250 MB free? If so, then I can send you some of the new shit I recorded that you don't have yet. And I'll also send you the Saeed & Palash Yo Radio set.