Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A New Era At Exit?? Maybe....

Exit is OWNED by "David Marvisi" eh?

kinda OT, but I was @ exit a couple of weeks ago during the day (dont ask, just go with me here), and some dude (looked like a hotshot kinda dguy, pretty big dude, longish blonde hair pulls up in a silver bentley (not my fav car, but it's nice). THAT HIM?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by snoboardr2

Exit is OWNED by "David Marvisi" eh?

kinda OT, but I was @ exit a couple of weeks ago during the day (dont ask, just go with me here), and some dude (looked like a hotshot kinda dguy, pretty big dude, longish blonde hair pulls up in a silver bentley (not my fav car, but it's nice). THAT HIM?

Yep. thats him.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

that dude must make ATLEAST 100k A NIGHT, AFTER expenses.

after taking 2 years of accounting what i wouldnt give to see EXIT's books.

and all along i thought either 1) israelli's ownde ext or 2) asians

Originally posted by bobross

EXIT this Sat, the 9th -does anyone know if you could use the ROXY VIP Cards????

yes they are good until 1:30 from what i have been told...

and i love when bs exit promoters who bring in 3 people each come on thinkin they know everything and argue with the wrong people. Problem is Exit's management probably did tell them all this but you have to remember how much exit LIES.. I mean they even make flyers that aren't true...

Bro im all about the "new" exit...ive been noticing it also from the posterboards all over the city as well...get the 15 year olds trippin on E to bed and let the people who know real music out there (not KTU garbage like Louie DeVito and songs like stranger in my pants...ooops i mean house).... i was a marketing major in college and unfortunately one thing thats hard to do is change people attitudes... once one image is embedded in their head its is really hard to change that attitude to another by giving a new image...exit since it opened was notorious for being a young corny ass club which people like myself still associate it with...when i hear exit im automatically turned off...changing the image to a trendy, european type club where they play good music that most people in this country dont listen to is hard expecially since its such a big club...most clubs that cater to these DJs arent the size of exit....why that is i dont know...exit is freakin tremendous...but as for replacing twilo i think its a great idea although clubs like centro fly and vinyl are trying to already...they were competing with twilo as well when it was open but then twilo had priority over these DJs...now its a different story...by the way email me a list of upcoming performances...they need oakenfold there one night just as a recommendation

tommyznyc said:

im just tryin to get some feed back form u guys on here, to try to better the club that i work for to better accomodate the paying customers, which last i checked was my main goal as a promoter...

yah, you're a regular nightlife "Gandhi".

you post a message and do not identify yourself as a promoter, intentionally misleading us into thinking you're a regular forum member with no particular agenda.

you don't take the time to verify that your information is accurate, wasting the time of almost 750 people who've read this thread so far. you don't bother to spend any time checking the spelling of those top-quality DJs you think so highly of, so i'm sure you won't mind if we refer to you as TommyNJ from now on.

nor did you spend any time learning the basics of internet communication, insulting those who did and offending the purists here by typing your message in all caps - the standard internet method of indicating that you're YELLING at the reader. and yet, you think nothing of asking us to spend time documenting our thoughts and opinions, an exercise that primarily benefits you.

after you're fingered, you attempt to justify your actions by saying you were all about helping the paying customers. tell me, would those be the same paying customers you ridiculed in your post as teenyboppers who wouldn't know their ass from their elbow about music? while i'm sure your description of Exit's usual clientele will help the regulars by thinning out the crowd, i'm not so sure that kind of elitist arrogance is what management had in mind.

theorynyc said:

[Tommy] is doing you all a favor by asking for your opinions.

<ahem> then again, i could be wrong.

most of the people here seem quite capable of recognizing a favor without any assistance, thank you, but it appears you might be in need of a little help in that area.

your agent(s) use these forums on a regular basis to harvest valuable information that, under any other circumstances, would cost you considerable time and money to obtain - information which you get here willingly and for free by favor of the membership.

you also use these discussion boards to regularly advertise events to your prime target audience - a level of exposure i doubt you'd get anyplace else, regardless of cost - and which you receive here for free or relatively low cost. an intolerable practice, IMO, but one that persists by favor of the membership.

i can assure you that none of us bought our computers or modems for the use of advertisers, but just as we keep you in business by doing you the favor of going to your club, we support these forums by our acceptance of an endless stream of unsolicited advertising and junk email, which we provide for by paying our access fees every month.

in return, club owners provide a place where we can pay to exercise our passion for DJs and dance music, offering us nominal (if any) discounts, guest lists that close hours before prime time, inflated prices and long lines that end in demeaning, self-serving door policies.

your promoter publicly insults your customers--many of whom are reading this thread--and he does so without reprimand. he uses deceptive practices in order to advance his personal interests and those of your club--which you not only endorse, you actually encourage by criticizing us for taking offense at our time being wasted, at being insulted, and incredibly, for failing to recognize that this attempt to dupe us was somehow to our benefit!

you would be mistaken to underestimate our intelligence, the value of our loyalty, or the price of our favor. considering the current pedestrian state of NYC clubbing, it wouldn't take much to make the glow-in-the-dark, fluorescent pins and balls, dance music, mirror balls, and fog machine at the Kiwanis Cosmic Bowl-A-Rama the next big friday night thing.

- kestrel

slipping on her glitter bowling shoes, just in case....

OK, first off, Trish - I'm loving that response..."Kiwini's Cosmic Bowl-A-Rama"...:laugh2: Classic! :laugh2: We gotta talk about my birthday celebration in a few weeks. Let's talk.

Now even though I said my feelings about Exit more times than John Walker Lindh calling his future wife "that dirty whore," I might as well lend my 2 pennies on the fate of the club.

The bottom line is that you must take the club for what it's worth: EXIT IS A CARNIVAL, not a club. Clubs are merely designated party spots, and remember, parties are meant for positive social expeiriences. With the demographics of the crowd, the different music being played, and the plain fact that nightclubs are business, Exit will never reach a point where every paying customer has a positive expeirence. It's just too big for that to happen.

Now, when dealing with the fact that you must bring in a few thousand people every Friday and Saturday to stay in good shape business wise, some of those patrons are not going to be the most educated when it comes to contributing positively to a vibe. Since the size of the club demands a large number of heads to fill it in, the chances of Bang Bang's finest underage, commerical-savvy, blissfully ignorant teenyboppers with tighter clothing on than an anorexic speedskater will skyrocket. And that has already happened. There's an old saying in the nightlife industry that says if Marvisi saw 3 thugs outside Exit, he'll ask if they have $30, then just let them in. This means, as another already pointed out, that Exit's image isn't the best.

Now do they want to bring in international talent? Fine. The musical fans will go, but also the patrons which I alluded to earlier will infest the club as well, making the experience not a total positive success for those whose mere motivation was to listen to good music.

I can go on, but I have a life, so I'll leave with this: Exit will keep bringing in talent. For those who want to go enjoy them, go right ahead. But you are forwarned: You're risking a lot when you deal with Exit. So buyer beware.

First, the roxy club planet vip card can be used before 1:30am for free admission. Second, you don't have to wait on line. Third, just show it to the ticket taker to the left of the cashiers booth and your in. This does not apply to your friends. They will have to go on line. Anthony nero spins saturday on the main floor. Hope that anweres all your questions.