Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which is better, speed wise...

the 3g (if you even want to call them that) eclipses make me want to vomit... being an owner of a 2g (Real) dsm...

If you're going to leave it stock, just get the bmw and enjoy the porky luxury of it... (unless of course you're going to get an m3... mmmm... 1/4mi in the 13's stock)

If you're going to mod the shit out of it... get a 99 eclipse GSX and go nuts... you'll have a sub 13sec car for like 5g on top of the 15 you'll spend to get one in perfect condition...

Oh, and the 2g dsms come in AWD (niiiice for the weather & for handling)

Just my thoughts...

Not a big fan of the new eclipses...

. . It means Bavarian Motor weishe (or something else german . .the point is , it translates roughly to Bavarian Motor Works) . . .

. . .and NO I wouldn't get one . . the service records on them are sub-par, but If you have the cash to throw on em . . go for it . .

. . the M is nice . . but until daddy buys me one (ahem!!) . . I still got a way to go to afford it . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . It means Bavarian Motor weishe (or something else german . .the point is , it translates roughly to Bavarian Motor Works) . . .

. . .and NO I wouldn't get one . . the service records on them are sub-par, but If you have the cash to throw on em . . go for it . .

. . the M is nice . . but until daddy buys me one (ahem!!) . . I still got a way to go to afford it . .

phuture knows what he's talkin bout but the mitsu has a really really bad resale value no matter which mitsu you get

you'd expect a perfect car for what you pay for a bmw but thats not the case

if you want a car that'll last you a long time go japaneese..get the lex or acura if you got the loot..the best deal tho would be an infiniti..just don't get the g20 or the infiniti suv

everyone is giving their own opinions.. but you should ask yourself what are you gonna do with the car... are u into racing or hooking up your car .. or are you gonna leave it stock? also how much money do you have to play with... the bmw is definitely a superior car in performance and looks and luxuries... if you have the money and don't wanna play with the car get any of the bavarian drop tops... but if ur into the imprt scene and wanna hook up your car ... get a 2g eclipse convertible... gst or x spyder

the new ones are crap... no fun at all... plus they aren't as sporty as the older one. if you're looking at a new convertible in the import scene try a toyo mrspyder or my fav the honda s2000... i'd take that over a 330ci anyday

Well, I have two BMW's a 2000 540 Sport (6spd) and a 2001 M3 Coupe...I have had nothing but trouble with the M3 (bad driveshaft, blown differential, differential came separated from the driveshaft 3 times, rattles galore, etc.) I have filed lemon law papers on the car through the state of New Jersey. I bought it for 57k after taxes and will never buy a BMW after the shitty service, factory support, and terrible reliability I have had with the car. The M3, when it came out March of last year, was commanding 10-15k premiums above sticker. Luckily, I paid sticker and wasn't one of the suckers...(maybe I was actually) My 540 has been a perfect car and it is currently for sale because I want to get rid of both of these cars. My older sister has an 00 M5 and the clutch went out at 12k miles and believe me she can drive stick better than anyone I know (her husband is a former race car driver and they spend their weekends in California at the track). I should have realized I was getting into a problematic car before buying the M3 because of her problems and the fact that it was a first year car. The problems I am having are widespread in the M3 community. See Bimmer.org and read for yourself. I plan to replace my m3 and 540 with a Jaguar XKR convertible and the new Lexus GX470 truck. I think both of those cars have better reliability than any BMW or Mercedes. I absolutely hate the way trucks drive but I need something to carry my German Shepherds around in, tow my jetski with, and tow my atvs with.

My previous car was a 1998 Infiniti Q45 and it was an absolute gem. My mom is driving it now and it has 34k miles on it and has never had a single problem. The tires still even look new! I highly reccomend Infiniti automobiles primarily because they are what I feel are the most solid built cars out, the dealer support is by far the best (ok maybe equal to Lexus), and they aren't overly flashy (that's why I bought the Q45). Anyway, if I were a young girl and wanted something that was safe, reliable, and sporty I think I would look at the Acura CL Type S, Acura TL Type S, Audi TT, Lexus IS300, Infiniti G35, Mercedes C class, or Infiniti I35 (kind of an older persons car but they drive pretty good for a front wheel drive car), maybe a Volvo C70 (my 19yr old cousin has a convertible and she loves it), if you like trucks (gas guzzling, school bus driving things) I reccomend the Acura MDX, Toyota Sequoia, or Lexus RX300 (kind of minivanish though). If you want car advise drop me an email...My family and I have owned almost every car besides Bentley, RR, and Lambo. Anyway, good luck...its a hard decision...This girl I date just put a deposit on a new Nissan 350ZX (awesome car for the money) and currently drives a Mercedes E320 4matic (not a bad car..underpowered, floppy handling, but elegant, stylish, reliable)

Regards,

Andrew

Ok, heres my two cents. My parents own three BMW's and they are great rides. Luxury with the AWD engines are great. Pound for pound though, a propperly equipped Eclipse will tear many things on the road entirely apart. With BMWs comes the price, as well as the lask of the aftermarket upgrades. It does exsist, but Bimmers work best with...you guessed it...bimmer parts. its a toss up. Speed wise. Style wise...check out Veilside.com for some ideas. Sweet Eclipses there and at Carmate.com.au.