Clubplanet Nightlife Community

independence @ opium

aeroplano

pete heller is no longer on the flyer for this event... kind of disappointed since i really wanted to see him spin. anyhow, can't really complain because with or without heller the event will still be out of hand. by the way, tom stephan has been added to the lineup. you can sign up to a reduced price guestlist for this event at the hooj website.

Final Lineup For INDEPENDENCE:

Main Room:

Way Out West (LIVE)

16b (LIVE)

Sander Kleinenberg

Tom Stephan

Red Jerry

Y4K / Distinctive Room:

Hybrid

Freq Nasty

Tayo

Sound of Cosmos Room (S.O.C. Launch Party):

Tom Middleton

Joshua

Airtight Room:

Clive Henry / Peace Division

Terry Farley

Sean Pollen

Ross Cale

It should be out of control. Hope to see you all there.

Dade

If anybody is brave enough to start real early next week, the Hooj and Airtight crew are going to throw a small bar party on Wednesday night. Deep House (Airtight Sessions)...free....

Working out the details now and will let you all know.

Dade

Hybrid was supposed to perform live but they went away to play a DJ gig and got home to find their studio had been robbed. The lucky thief got away with all the stuff for the new album as well as the live set. They are still trying to work it out, but it looks like they are going to do the DJ thing. Sorry.

fortunately for hybrid, they backed up their album. unlike bt that lost everything when they stole all of his equipment. guess that's why he's not playing live this year either.

looking forward to hearing hybrid spin anyways. haven't heard them since their live set @ shadow a couple of yrs ago.

Hey Dade,

do you have any idea what time WOW is performing? Its one of my main reasons for going. :) I need to plan accordingly.

Thanks and I hope there is a CP list. Wednesday sounds good as well .. please keep us posted.

THE MADNESS IS ONLY DAYS AWAY.

Ramon C.

Ramon -

We are working out set times Monday. It's a little tricky because Sander K. was supposed to do the later shift and now has to play early due to another commitment. We are moving times around and as soon as we have it worked out, I'll post it.

Dade

Dade,

Will all rooms be open for the public?. I heard in last year's conference the other rooms @ Opium were only available to "vip" .. What's gonna be the senerio for Hooj Independence?? All rooms open?

I read some crazy stuff off the Hooj messageboard. It seems like Miami clubs have a shitty reputation over there.

There will be four rooms open to all.

The downstairs restaurant is closed and under construction, so we won't be using that room at all. They have enclosed the catwalk and upstairs bar to the right of the DJ booth with glass and that will be the fourth room. The new room should be very cool.

Once you're inside, you will be able to move about between the different rooms without any trouble. There are VIP areas within each room and those are for bottle service. But it's a very cool venue and perfect for an event like this

The live acts will be on the main stage. The DJs will spin from the booth(s).

EAW KF series system to reinforce the house sound and 3 stacks per side for the live acts.

The dress code will be relaxed for the night.

What else ya wanna know?

Just wanted to let you all know:

The guys from hooj and airtight will be at Jazid on washington ave tonight playing a little deep house. They're in town early and just wanted to play and have a few drinks so we hooked it up. Everyone's welcome to come. NO COVER. Should start around 10. Hope all you guys make it....should be a very cool thing.