Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Off topic: WHich magazines do you subscribe to???

Guest tilly

Guest tilly

Seems as though we have an eclectic group here on cp...I think that what you read, watch, listen to, etc tells a lot about your personality...so which magazines do you subscribe to?

I subscribe to the following magazines:

URB -a must read to keep abreast of the recent findings of new releases, new artists(dj's and producers), stoplights on dj's and producers & I love the ads (cuz I'm in ad sales), etc.

New York Magazine - a weekly magazine to keep me posted on local who's who, info. on whats happening where and when, new restaurants to look out for/check out, movie reviews, plays, etc.

Bazaar - for the girl in me

W - the most unreliable as far as getting to me on a month to month basis and will not be renewed...but it's another fashion magazine...really geared toward the "hardcore" in the fashion industry

Food and Wine - big fan of both and it gives me an insider perspective of the culinary world as well as editors wine picks and good, inexpensive wines for under $10.

Guest tilly
Originally posted by joeg

actually none...

I find most info I need is on the internet...

then don't reply to this:tongue: j/k

There's just something about all that info compiled into a printed form that I enjoy...laying in bed or riding on the train and getting lost in pictures, words and ads...hummmmmm...love it!~

Originally posted by clubkat

"You can never look like this", "Diet until you Die", and "Feline/Human relations". . .

lol. . .im not subscribed to anything right now. . .;)

Don't lie, I saw you with a copy of PlayCat! :tongue:

i'm in college + i hook up my car + i hang out everyday + i go clubbing every week = i have no money

that having been said I subscribe to

Import Tuner and Super Street - both import car/lifestyle/hot half nekked chicks draped over hot cars that steal your gaze from the half nekked chicks magazines

I also used to subscribe to GQ and Maxim - for whatever purpose those magazines are bought... fashion and sex i guess?

Car Stereo Review and Car Audio Electtronics- both self explanatory

Highlights for children - duh for my nephew

Guest tilly
Originally posted by dub16

Nerd alert! I subscribe to Scientific American. And Tilly, I am a big fan of W, and used to have a subscription (that was pretty much on time in terms of delivery). :hat:

S.A.: I have to read that sometimes for work. Genomics and Proteomics ~ the wave of the future...:rolleyes:

As for my W dilema, the reason is b/c my post box is too small for the large size so i think it ends up going to the post office and gets lost and then sent back...whatever, the tabloidal size of it is whats causing all the problems...and i can't be bothered next year.

Horse Illustrated - Obvious... has alot of info on horse care and horse sports of all kinds

Practical Horseman - Agian, obvious... however this magazine is geared towards english riding... which helps alot in showing techniques/ riding stuff.

Guest tilly
Originally posted by magilicuti

Maxim and Stuff, typical... I used to subscribe to men's health then i realized it was just all bullshit.

I wish I had a sister so I could read those girl magazines though.

you can always get on the Victoria Secret mailing list...I hear that their magazines are good "reading" material for men;)