Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who do you think is NYC best DJ right now ?

Who do you think is NYC best DJ right now ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is NYC best DJ right now ?

• J Peters
    • D Teneglia
    • J. Vasquez
    • J. Viscious

Originally posted by airatomic

ok then but y does JP get bashed by u guys but not Vasquez or Vicious?

i'm certainly not bashing him at all, JP holds it down for new york....will bash junoir though...he never brings it like he should....when hes on hes definitly on though

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by airatomic

ok then but y does JP get bashed by u guys but not Vasquez or Vicious?

ok i'll appease you :D . JP and Vicious are in the same category.

Unfortunately I can't really bash Vasquez, because he's pushing 60, so I don't expect much out of him in the way of throwing it down on the decks anymore. But in his day, he was the man. he revolutionized the NYC club scene almost single handedly.

anthony nero doesnt deserve to be in the same 10 mile radius within the DJs you mentioned, INCLUDING JP...

(now watch me get another PM telling me i shouldnt have said that...fucking moron...)

it's junior vasquez...it will always be junior vasquez....

Chris Von Erik: you seem like a nice guy...we spoke a few times, but threads like this will only start drama 'round these parts...

Originally posted by highmay

anthony nero doesnt deserve to be in the same 10 mile radius within the DJs you mentioned, INCLUDING JP...

(now watch me get another PM telling me i shouldnt have said that...fucking moron...)

Chris Von Erik: you seem like a nice guy...we spoke a few times, but threads like this will only start drama 'round these parts...

a little 2 faced wouldnt you say???.. highmay werent you the one who made up a post a while ago saying how Nero should replace Vicious?!?!? Yeah I believe so. I would pull it up and post the link so everyone can see how you turned on nero but it was ereased b/c it caused so much drama!

Y the sudden change of mind? You go from pretty much praising him to degrading him! Thats not right at all..

OK... I am personally friends with nero and jp.. and in all honesty atleast you can dance to nero's music.. with jp you can sit there and dance to it for like 45 sec's then he changes up the beat to either to fast or too slow... JP has very goog listening to music.. and nero has very good dancing too music.. and i will tell you anthony takes alot of pride in his music... I actually prefer nero to jp right now... but thats just my opinion...

Also how on earth do you even rate these four dj's together.. only one of them is even ranked in the world... and the other three arent due to the fact they dont tour internationaly... so of course dt is gonna be up there.. but my overall i actually would prefer listening to Vicious these days..

JP he has lost alot of what he used to do.. Has started going commercial and is killing him... His music is very good to listen to but not to dance to..

Vicious - Def one hell of a DJ.. Although I must say when he isnt on then you dont even wanna be around.. But on the otherhand recently he has come out with some of the best sets i have ever heard... Personally my favorite...

DT - IMO he is really the best DJ there.. However I would like him more if he was in a club that didnt resemble an outhouse... I mean hes the number 3 DJ in the world and he gonna be in a place like vinyl.. i mean cmon there are so many better places he could spin like red losbster and i prolly would have more respect for him... Get him outta vinyl and I will start following..

Junior - Well I wont even touch this one since i despise EXIT and everything that goes in or outta that club... With the exception of Nero because im freinds with him... Actually I have never really given Juinior a fair chance that he deserves.. But I wont be going to EXIT anytime soon when he is there so it more than likely wont happen...

Originally posted by bebby6919

a little 2 faced wouldnt you say???.. highmay werent you the one who made up a post a while ago saying how Nero should replace Vicious?!?!? Yeah I believe so. I would pull it up and post the link so everyone can see how you turned on nero but it was ereased b/c it caused so much drama!

Y the sudden change of mind? You go from pretty much praising him to degrading him! Thats not right at all..

understanding my rationality, i wouldnt call it two faced at all...

if you went back to that thread and totally comprehended what i said (which you obviously didn't), my point was that Vicious at the time was aweful at Roxy, but Nero kept the music good and the crowd into it...it made sense that Nero could replace Vicious...but i never said he was better than those 4 DJs that CVE mentioned...

please, Nero doesnt have the track record that those 4 have...so yes...HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE IN THE SAME 10 MILE RADIUS AS THOSE 4 DJs....

PS. Nero PMed me about how I shouldnt had started that thread up...another example of people taking a messageboard WAY too seriously...it's a free country, and a board such as this is something to place YOUR OPINIONS ON. WHO THE FUCK IS ANYONE TO TELL ME WHAT I COULD WRITE AND CAN'T WRITE?

now bebby, im sure your job @ dunkin donuts gets you bored and makes you ignite idiotic board drama over an ignorant conclusion such as the one you came to, but i'm going to stop right here and move on with my life, since I have things that take priority in my life...

understanding my rationality, i wouldnt call it two faced at all...

if you went back to that thread and totally comprehended what i said (which you obviously didn't), my point was that Vicious at the time was aweful at Roxy, but Nero kept the music good and the crowd into it...it made sense that Nero could replace Vicious...but i never said he was better than those 4 DJs that CVE mentioned...

please, Nero doesnt have the track record that those 4 have...so yes...HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE IN THE SAME 10 MILE RADIUS AS THOSE 4 DJs....

PS. Nero PMed me about how I shouldnt had started that thread up...another example of people taking a messageboard WAY too seriously...it's a free country, and a board such as this is something to place YOUR OPINIONS ON. WHO THE FUCK IS ANYONE TO TELL ME WHAT I COULD WRITE AND CAN'T WRITE?

now bebby, im sure your job @ dunkin donuts gets you bored and makes you ignite idiotic board drama over an ignorant conclusion such as the one you came to, but i'm going to stop right here and move on with my life, since I have things that take priority in my life...

ok i know everyone has their own opinion and thats what ithis board is for, to express them.. The reason Nero Pmed you is b/c he got in trouble b/c of your stupidity..He was happy you felt that why but at the same time mad b/c Vicious got pissed at him and he didnt even say anything. Now just b/c he asked you not to post that doesnt mean you should bash him. He even admits that hes not as good as those other DJ's. He has been spinning for a while and hes doing great buiding more of a following.

Si some people said Nero as their answer to this post and you told them they were wrong.. now what did you say about opinions again...? excatly

I'm not even gonna respond abotu where i work b/c you dont know me...

Ok lets think this over shall we. The question was: Who do you think the best DJ in New York is RIGHT NOW...That has nothing to do with experience or where you played before...Its about who you like NOW...What are the clubs known for bringing in the best DJs. My opinion its Twilo and Exit (besides the whole Draper mistake). Twilo had been bringing in the best international DJs. Now Exit is. Twilo had Junior. Now Exit has Junior. Who is the resident at Exit Saturdays RIGHT NOW. Anthony Nero is. You don't get the Saturday spot before Vasquez by being a shitty DJ. Nero has payed dues just like everyone else. Sure his name hasn't been mentioned as much but he's been spinning for a while and he's getting his break just like everyone else got. He doesn't compare himself to these four DJs either. But from the looks of it he seems to be getting support from a hell of a lot of people. Myself included. So lets let the people speak and not the past. This is NOW. And right now Nero's got my vote as the best damn DJ in NYC. Everyone that agrees just keep on dancing to Nero's beats and have great time. :letsgo:

Originally posted by promojunkie

Ok lets think this over shall we. The question was: Who do you think the best DJ in New York is RIGHT NOW...That has nothing to do with experience or where you played before...Its about who you like NOW...What are the clubs known for bringing in the best DJs. My opinion its Twilo and Exit (besides the whole Draper mistake). Twilo had been bringing in the best international DJs. Now Exit is. Twilo had Junior. Now Exit has Junior. Who is the resident at Exit Saturdays RIGHT NOW. Anthony Nero is. You don't get the Saturday spot before Vasquez by being a shitty DJ. Nero has payed dues just like everyone else. Sure his name hasn't been mentioned as much but he's been spinning for a while and he's getting his break just like everyone else got. He doesn't compare himself to these four DJs either. But from the looks of it he seems to be getting support from a hell of a lot of people. Myself included. So lets let the people speak and not the past. This is NOW. And right now Nero's got my vote as the best damn DJ in NYC. Everyone that agrees just keep on dancing to Nero's beats and have great time. :letsgo:

very well said!!!!

>>Ok lets think this over shall we. The question was: Who do you think the best DJ in New York is RIGHT NOW...That has nothing to do with experience or where you played before...Its about who you like NOW...What are the clubs known for bringing in the best DJs. My opinion its Twilo and Exit (besides the whole Draper mistake). Twilo had been bringing in the best international DJs. Now Exit is. Twilo had Junior. Now Exit has Junior. Who is the resident at Exit Saturdays RIGHT NOW. Anthony Nero is. You don't get the Saturday spot before Vasquez by being a shitty DJ. Nero has payed dues just like everyone else. Sure his name hasn't been mentioned as much but he's been spinning for a while and he's getting his break just like everyone else got. He doesn't compare himself to these four DJs either. But from the looks of it he seems to be getting support from a hell of a lot of people. Myself included. So lets let the people speak and not the past. This is NOW. And right now Nero's got my vote as the best damn DJ in NYC. Everyone that agrees just keep on dancing to Nero's beats and have great time.

~

I definetly agree

:biggun::smoke:

Originally posted by kandykidkilla

well i really dont like either of these 4.. they are played and commercial... but the dj that is rippin shit up is NERO !!!!!!!! work bitch work!!!!!!!!!!!! :afro:

:jawdrop:

do some more bumps dumbass. nero deosnt even come close to danny, jp, or junior. he is out of his leauge. lets see some productions he has done. im not knockign him saying he is shit but come on. stop goign to exit and you will hear real music. better yet stay at exit when junior spins and you will see what real music is about.

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Like stated before.....the question was who do YOU think the best dj is.Notice that key word YOU.Now everyone shut up because you sound like fools.

what?? :blown: you wanna take this to the playground bitch???

Everyone has their own favorite. I'm a JP & SF fan. I like DT, he rips it also in a different way. J.Vicious rips it also. Junior is a pioneer in the industry and has been ripping it for so many years. He gets my credit for being part of it all for so many years. He is like the group KISS old as hell and can still rip shit up.(moody, but when he wants to he can throw shit down) These are just 4 dj's in the NYC area that are at the top of their game in what they do. NYC also has many other upcomng talented DJ's out there. Isn't NYC great? Gotta love it, such a great variety we have out there. But u know what? The drama will always be there. Can't do anything about it 'cause we all have our own favorites and opinions just like with rock, hip-hop, alternative, etc. groups. We all have our favorites and opinions of people, bands, goups, dj's and music. So enjoy what u like and let's all have a blast!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Do not...I REPEAT...do not make me beat you senseless with my lunchbox.

Oh shit... this thread might as well be locked down right now, 'cause it just doesn't get any better than that!!! :laugh:

For the record, I voted DT, and it really is a personal choice. When I moved to New York last summer, I first had no job, and then I had a shitty job, and life was miserable. DT and feeling the love at Vinyl (for Body & Soul, too) kept me going when I felt things were getting worse every day. I never got that feeling at Exit.

So THAT's why DT is my first choice. My guess is most of you have really good reasons for picking the DJs you did, and there's no way I'm going to argue with that.

Peace :rainbow: